1/27 Liberty vs Oak Hill Academy,VA

timbdp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think this will be a close game. Dont get me wrong, OHA is a good team bu they dont live up to the teams they have ahd in the past. They are not even playingas good as they were at the beginning of the season. I think Liberty is playing better ball right now so i say Liberty wins this in a close game

QUOTE(Hoops1stLuv14 @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826347461[/snapback]

Liberty lost by 22

but they did't play very well. silly tournovers free layups

Liberty didn't do Liberty tonite..but it was a 12 point lead then free throws at the end made a larger lead.

I don't have anything against Liberty but I was at the game and It didn't actually go down like that. Oak hill had trouble hitting foul shots the whole game, and there wasn't that many attempted in the final 2 minutes. Seemed like Liberty struggled to stay in the game all the way. Oak hill jumped out to a 14 point lead right off the bat and it stayed anywhere from 10 to 20 points with Liberty closing the gap about three times during the game. Both teams played well in spurts. Oak Hill was just way to strong under the basket. The #3 for Liberty had a tough game, I was impressed by the #21. I think he's about 5'8" but plays like 6'4". Final score was 83-61

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826347543[/snapback]

Oh and one more thing, I got to see one of the worst Ref's I have seen in about 5 years. I think the pace of the game was to much for him, and his pollyester pants were way to tight. He was a real goof!

I'm very surprised that Liberty got beat so badly. But, its all about becoming a better basketball team before the tournaments begin.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826347529[/snapback]

I don't have anything against Liberty but I was at the game and It didn't actually go down like that. Oak hill had trouble hitting foul shots the whole game, and there wasn't that many attempted in the final 2 minutes. Seemed like Liberty struggled to stay in the game all the way. Oak hill jumped out to a 14 point lead right off the bat and it stayed anywhere from 10 to 20 points with Liberty closing the gap about three times during the game. Both teams played well in spurts. Oak Hill was just way to strong under the basket. The #3 for Liberty had a tough game, I was impressed by the #21. I think he's about 5'8" but plays like 6'4". Final score was 83-61

I think liberty held their own tonight against oak hill. You are right on onw thing both did play in spurts, and Oak Hill was so good at capitalizing on bad and missed shots by Liberty and that was a big difference maker, and most of Oak Hill's shots were very quality shots from the field and in the paint. #21 is Antwan Long, yes he is a good player and he had a good showing tonight and they have him listed on the roster at 6'1. Josh Sain 24 had a good showing too.

QUOTE(ajw @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826347522[/snapback]

i respect liberty and all and i think they are one of the best teams in the state but i think some of you give them to much credit. do you guys not believe that liberty was not liberty had something to do with playing a team like oak hill

I was there and I've seen almost every game they've played this year. I saw them play this way against Raliegh Egypt earlier on in the season. Liberty can't miss that many shots and commit that many turnovers and expect to win. Oakhill still don't do much for me. Liberty had several chances to go for the throat with good defensive play and didn't hit easy layups.....numerous layups. I haven't seen the stats of the game......but it was a poor performance. I think the boys tried too hard to make things happen.

The Crusaders beat themselves.....plain and simple. Oakhill cannot run with Liberty.

However.....I'm still very proud of our guys. I'm not making too much of them.....they are the real deal.

Now.....(this is to the team) Get busy, get better, play one game at a time. Don't be satisfied until the gold ball is won again. Don't look ahead.....win one quarter at a time....one game at a time. REMEMBER!!!!! how it was done last year.......we're with you all the way!!!!