7-AA Player of the Year/MVP

dctigerfan07

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826342339[/snapback]

What im trying to say is, does it go to the best player from Upperman, easily the best team in the district, or to another player, such as Kayci Ferris, i daresay. She is my pick, freshman or not. Easily the most dominant PLAYER in the district.

most times we look at top scorers but theres more to bb than shooting layups who brings the ball up court,plays defence,runs the floor and gets the ball to scorers and does the little things for the team find that player and you have your "best overall player" my pick would be chelcy taylor or lesay davis

This is always a big issue ----- is the MVP on the best team (record wise) -- I don't think so ----

I think Most Valuable means what it means ---- Most Valuable to that team --- winning season or otherwise ----

In the case of Kayci at Smith County ----- bless all the other girls hearts, they don't ever score as she does ----- they do not get as many rebounds, blocks etc. -- so how can one ignore that fact ---

yes she is a very tall girl -- but she is extremely valuable ---

If you look at most of the other 7AA teams ---- most of them have a rotation of strong starters ----- all making about the same in stats --- so it, in my opinion, would be difficult to pick one of any of the teams --- at least right now

Just my opinion

I admit i have a biased opinion, becasue i have watched this young lady so much, but i believe the most valuable player in 7AA is Kayci Ferris. I will give four reasons: (1) Which player in the district would coaches most like to have on their team? (2) Which player in the district could their team absolutely not live without?

(3) Which players do coaches have to specifically gameplan to stop? (4) And statistically speaking, which player in the district has better stats than 25 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 blocks per game?

QUOTE(mdtennbasketball @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:13 AM) 826343645[/snapback]

I admit i have a biased opinion, becasue i have watched this young lady so much, but i believe the most valuable player in 7AA is Kayci Ferris. I will give four reasons: (1) Which player in the district would coaches most like to have on their team? (2) Which player in the district could their team absolutely not live without?

(3) Which players do coaches have to specifically gameplan to stop? (4) And statistically speaking, which player in the district has better stats than 25 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 blocks per game?

Wow MD TN,

I knew she played great against us both times, especially here at home friday night but those stats in this area is almost unheard of!!! The thing that impress's me most with her, all of her better games seem to have come against some of best teams in Ky and Tn. One thing i'll give Smith County and LA alot of credit for, they're like us they go looking for good competition and don't hide and pad their schedules. Smith County an LA would have better records if they had have played weaker competition, but i think it is really starting to pay off for all these teams now. Ferris has improved so much its unreal. But i will have to put up a little fight for some girls we have named Davis and Taylor for the MVP race and I hope they don't get looked over just because we are so deep and have so much talent. Good luck to all these teams and these young ladies. GO LADY BEE's!!!!!!!!!

This is why i dont believe one of the Upperman girls should get it. I am in NO WAY disrespecting them. But everytime i watch UHS play, its somebody different carrying the load. It would be an insult to one or the other for just one of them to get it. Upperman is just too talented. They dont have one dominant player...they have about seven. Kayci gets mvp, UHS T-E-A-M gets the gold ball.

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Jan 23 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826342669[/snapback]

This is always a big issue ----- is the MVP on the best team (record wise) -- I don't think so ----

I think Most Valuable means what it means ---- Most Valuable to that team --- winning season or otherwise ----

In the case of Kayci at Smith County ----- bless all the other girls hearts, they don't ever score as she does ----- they do not get as many rebounds, blocks etc. -- so how can one ignore that fact ---

yes she is a very tall girl -- but she is extremely valuable ---

If you look at most of the other 7AA teams ---- most of them have a rotation of strong starters ----- all making about the same in stats --- so it, in my opinion, would be difficult to pick one of any of the teams --- at least right now

Just my opinion

I don't really think that the MVP for the season should have to come from the team with the best record, either. But how about the number one team. How many times have you seen the MVP of the state tournament come from the runner up team, or final four participant. Lots of times we've seen a Mr. or Miss Basketball lose in the state tournament and not get MVP because their team didn't win it all. I think that unless there is someone obviously and unquestionably better than EVERYONE in the district, it's hard to justify the MVP coming from any team but the number one or maybe number two team.

Maybe the question should be... is the MVP the player who is most valuable to the team or the most valuable in the league?

Would it really be possible to decide which player is THE most valuable to his/her team? That could be someone who just does all the dirty work and never leads in a statistical column. Lots of coaches have those players who never get recognized but the coach knows it would be so hard to win without that player.

you're right about smith county and livingston's tough schedule ---

they did not pad it in any way -- smith county played the defending state champs in kentucky, as well as other awesome teams up there, and if it weren't for a few silly turnovers, they'd been right in there with them for longer than a couple or three quarters ---

and it is obviously paying off for both squads ---- as the season winds down ---

I have to say Kayci is the MVP ---

i agree -- on any given night Upperman has a different MVP -- don't ge me wrong, all around the "team" is the top i the district -- but no other, i mean no other girl puts up the stats as Kayci --

and just think, she's just a freshman !!