7-AA Player of the Year/MVP

dctigerfan07

QUOTE(senator @ Jan 23 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826342621[/snapback]

most times we look at top scorers but theres more to bb than shooting layups who brings the ball up court,plays defence,runs the floor and gets the ball to scorers and does the little things for the team find that player and you have your "best overall player" my pick would be chelcy taylor or lesay davis

Davis does all of that. She's my pick.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People please wake up. There is no way that Ferris should be this years MVP. Surely you guys are joking. You are saying that the award should go to the player that impacts their team the most, right? Well tell me this, IF her team was 1 and 20 do you think she would be deserving of this award. NO way!!! Yes, An MVP like in the NBA is considered the player that mostly impacts their team, while leading them to a great season. I would be shocked if she ever wins the MVP award in this district. I watched her play Upperman twice, and I didnt see any where near MVP material. Granted I did see her block some shots, but I also seen your so called MVP getting out hustled. I seen smaller girls ripping the ball from her hands and running circles around her. Right now after watching them play head to head twice I would say that the Dyer girl from Baxter has had the Upper hand. So don't be so quick to throw out MVP's to just anybody. Not sure on this but I do believe Lashay Davis is averaging around 20 points and leading her team to a one loss season. Sounds pretty deserving to me of an MVP award. However, my vote goes to Uppermans Chelsey Taylor. She is a natural leader on the floor. She can score, play defense and rebound. Always picking up the team when they are down. Your MVP has to come from Upperman. If not this award is a joke.

Well I will agree with some of you somewhat. I do not think that the girl from Smith County should get the award just because she is 6ft 8in tall. The Davis girl is a very good player, but like other as stated she has a very talented team around her and is able to play one on one most every game. To me the MVP award goes to someone that carry their team and also helps to make the rest of the players around them better. To me the one that comes to mind after watching her play this year is Ashley Matthews from Livingston. She is most times double team and sometimes tripled team. I will bet you most coaches in 7 AA worry about stopping her more than anyone else. That because they know if we stop her then we win. That just what I see when I look for a MVP.

QUOTE(Bee_Fan20 @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826344793[/snapback]

People please wake up. There is no way that Ferris should be this years MVP. Surely you guys are joking. You are saying that the award should go to the player that impacts their team the most, right? Well tell me this, IF her team was 1 and 20 do you think she would be deserving of this award. NO way!!! Yes, An MVP like in the NBA is considered the player that mostly impacts their team, while leading them to a great season. I would be shocked if she ever wins the MVP award in this district. I watched her play Upperman twice, and I didnt see any where near MVP material. Granted I did see her block some shots, but I also seen your so called MVP getting out hustled. I seen smaller girls ripping the ball from her hands and running circles around her. Right now after watching them play head to head twice I would say that the Dyer girl from Baxter has had the Upper hand. So don't be so quick to throw out MVP's to just anybody. Not sure on this but I do believe Lashay Davis is averaging around 20 points and leading her team to a one loss season. Sounds pretty deserving to me of an MVP award. However, my vote goes to Uppermans Chelsey Taylor. She is a natural leader on the floor. She can score, play defense and rebound. Always picking up the team when they are down. Your MVP has to come from Upperman. If not this award is a joke.

Yopu sated the problem right there. You just said that Lashay deserves mvp, but your vote goes to Taylor. Where is the fairness in this? The whole team cannot win mvp. Im sorry that you are taking my opinions as an insult because that is the farthest from the truth. This Upperman team is the BEST team i have ever seen, without competition. If they get beaten, it isnt because the other team is actually better, i can guarantee you they only had an off night. But anyway, yes, my pick for mvp is Kayci Ferris. And how can people actually say "Oh she's 6'8" thats not fair!" Do you think she chose to be that tall? Nope. Does she still have to practice and work for what she does? Yep. Is that the only reason she is any good? No. Ive seen plenty of relativly tall people who could couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. She is extremely talented and wil deserve this award if she wins it, as will one of the Upperman girls if they get it. Like i said Bee fan, dont take this as an insult because that isnt even close.

time will tell -- and since there is not clear definition of what makes a MVP we can't truly answer the question -- and we arent' ask to vote -- so there ---

i will say this ---- SCHS will never be 1 and 20 --- and Kayci will and should deserve it at some point in her career ---

the issue is MVP to the team ---- period

Kayci is averaging 26 points per game --- double digits rebounds and double digit blocks and while she may have had a few turnovers during the Upperman game, she rarely has turnovers -- look at the stats ---

name me one person in the 7AA district who has numbers like that ?? -- and plays a tough schedule ---- ???

and if they win the rest of their district games they'll tie for second in the district -- which is highly possible ---

good luck to all ----- remember it is just an award -- it does not make the girl or the team ----

if you think your Bees girls should win -- then maybe you should lobby for a Best All Around Player of the Year ---- instead of Most Valuable Player

no Kayci is not agile like the five feet tall girls --- and never will be ---

still, you can not argue with stats ---

i agree with others -- it would be an insult to award it to just one Upperman girl -- they have a lot of stand out players ---

the team of the year is Upperman -- hands down -- but their success is having many MVP's ---

and that is a huge compliment

QUOTE(Bee_Fan20 @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826344793[/snapback]

Let Ferris and Dyer, or any other player in the district for that matter, play one on one-no help, no double or triple teams. I think we all know who wins. Period. Not only does she have great stats w/ points, boards and blocks but she would probably have 5 or 6 assists/game if her teammates could catch and finish. Sorry, nobody compares in the district. Not even Dyer.

Get ready for a joke. You have to look at the impact the player makes. Kayci totally shutdown Upperman's inside game...just as she does everyone else. Upperman couldn't hit the 3...so they scored 37 points. Take Kayci out of that game...it's no contest. If you want to point out weaknesses in one game...Upperman's MVP's couldn't buy a 3. I know they were 1-10 in the 1st half...and ended up with about 3-15 or 20. That doesn't sound like a MVP performance to me.

I guess when Kayci Ferris blocked the first four shots Dyer shot was Dyers way of getting the upper hand (in your eyes). If anything, Kayci does NOT get the credit she deserves BECAUSE she is 6' 8". I saw the same thing with Brandi Brown, even though Kayci and Brandi are very different style players. Many people just say look at "the tall girl." However, Kayci, similar to the Dyer girl, both have good hands, feet, and knowledge of the game. I agree if any body deserves to be in the MVP discussion, Lashay Davis, definitely does. In my mind she may be the best all around player in the district. But Bee Fan, if you are honest with yourself, how many players in the district would you pick to be on your team over Kayci. Kayci Does make her team better. What would smith county's record be without ferris? What would uppermans record be without davis? I think Kayci makes her team better. That leads me again to state, that Kayci Ferris should at least be considered.

QUOTE(basketballnut @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:04 AM) 826345324[/snapback]

I promise you any Upperman player will trade in an MVP award for the District, region and State Championship.

I have heard ferris say she would trade team awards for individual awards. I think nearly everyplayer in 7AA would say the same thing, maybe that speaks to the competitive nature of the district. the discussion we constantly have is between fans, i dont believe that their are any individuals players posting and they would not take individual over team.