Help! How many career wins for players is a lot?

K-Town Killa 11

100 is quite a bit. That's 25 per year. Few players can say they won 100 games in their high school career.

110-120 is elite. If a program is winning in the high 20s for four straight seasons, it's a great career.

But wins don't matter that much unless you get to the show (state tournament).

There are a lot of programs that win a lot of games every year who never make any noise in the postseason.

QUOTE(K-Town Killa 11 @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826343393[/snapback]

Now I'm just a lil curious about how many career wins for players is a lot. I was wondering if the number is around 95 or 100 or is that farely common. The main reason i wonder is b/c the senior class of girls players on the Harpeth High Lady Indians will probably have somewhere around 100 or 115 by years end.

Look at it this way. Only half of anyone who plays sports can say they even had a winning record, which in high school basketball, over 4 years that would be around 55 to 60 wins. So anything above that you are above average. 110 to 115 wins will be about twice the average, so that would be outstanding!

QUOTE(Ontopofit @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:29 AM) 826343486[/snapback]

But wins don't matter that much unless you get to the show (state tournament).

There are a lot of programs that win a lot of games every year who never make any noise in the postseason.

Something I always told my players when they ended the season on a loosing note, "Only one team ends the year with a win."

At Bradley Central, the class of 2004 BOYS team were only at the high school 3 years. At that time BC was a 10-12 school. This class won 100 games and lost 10 in a three year period. A lot will depend upon how many games a team plays. If that team advances far into the state tournament, plays in holiday tournaments where they have 3-5 games and plays a full schedule, they will have more chances at a win. For that particular team, they averaged playing 37 games per year with an average of over 33 wins per year... I am sure that there are girls who have graduated from schools like Shelbyville that have won well over 110-15 games in a four year period... This is an interesting topic