Franklin @ Independence - 1/26

Cubs05SC

Way to go Rebels!! It was time for Glover to step up. And Derek is getting more consistent to compensate for Redbone's up & down play. If Siske & Glass can step up and show some Senior leadership @ tournament time, Franklin may be unbeatable come the District tournament and might give Antioch or Whites Creek a tough time @ the Regions!

McGavock comes into the Rebel's house tonight. They are, I believe, 3rd in their district. Should be a good indication of what we can expect in the Region tournament.

Keep up the good work Franklin!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826347585[/snapback]

Yeah its right except i think Indy only had 53 but maybe they snuck a last minute one in

Wow! Packed House...Rivalry....District at stake....This is what big-time high school basketball is all about. The atmosphere was electric and the players from both sides gave tremendous effort.

Two things stood out: Franklin's depth and senior leadership. This team is for real and could make a run in the region. Indy is a solid team; they just appear to be a notch below Franklin.

The "INDY" fans must be sleeping in. I would to after that. Don't be ashamed, Franklin is just the better team. Look at how the younger guys come in for the Rebels and give good minutes. Young plays huge, Keg, Little Glover, and others provide us Rebel fans with a bright future. Should be fun the rest of this year, and down the road. I guess you could say the Basketball staff has it's program on solid ground.

Go Rebels

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Jan 27 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826348023[/snapback]

The "INDY" fans must be sleeping in. I would to after that. Don't be ashamed, Franklin is just the better team. Look at how the younger guys come in for the Rebels and give good minutes. Young plays huge, Keg, Little Glover, and others provide us Rebel fans with a bright future. Should be fun the rest of this year, and down the road. I guess you could say the Basketball staff has it's program on solid ground.

Go Rebels

Well it was a close game till the last minute and a half. Indy would get down by four then give up a three or two easy shots in the paint. Also I dont devote my Friday nights to CoachT as well yes, I was sleeping it and im sure it was better than getting up at 8 to make a reply to some dumb comment that I already know is on here. Congrats on the W. Too bad CHS didnt lose.

Congrats to Franklin on the win (Something inside me died when I just said that). The reason Franklin has been winning is that they have so many different guys that can step up and make things happen. It seems like every game, someone else steps up and plays huge. This is a team with a capital T and that's what it takes to win at this level. That being said, Jay Johnson may be the best coach in the region in leading a team with limited experience to an undefeated district record.

QUOTE(Cubs05SC @ Jan 27 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826348064[/snapback]

Well it was a close game till the last minute and a half. Indy would get down by four then give up a three or two easy shots in the paint. Also I dont devote my Friday nights to CoachT as well yes, I was sleeping it and im sure it was better than getting up at 8 to make a reply to some dumb comment that I already know is on here. Congrats on the W. Too bad CHS didnt lose.

Indy never will be able to hang with Franklin. Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed . Or maybe you just always carry around that poor attitude, which seems quite true by your comments. Sorry, but CHS didn't loose, you did! stink it up and move on. See you in the tournaments!

Great game by the teams last night. Loved the Franklin chant when Coach Henrie would cry after each call against his Eagles - "Get a Hanky" or something like that!

Expected more from Luttrell with his size and ability to open himself up down low - if not for hands of stone the gaame could have been closer.

IHS hung around most of the night but the 1st qtr 6 point lead grew to 10 at the half, stayed there through the 3rd qtr, and stretched to the 15 margin at the end. Franklin is finally learning how to play with a lead - don't get rattled when a team creaps back to 4 - just hit a couple shots - get a stop or two and it's back up to 10 in less than a minute.

Key at the end was Free throws in the 4th - more importantly who for Franklin was at the line this time --- Glover and Batt.

Great game, great atmosphere, so so officiating - but for the most part let they let the kids play. Thought they should have t'd up Luttrell after his outburst when fouling out .

Tourney time looks like IHS and Centennial in a Semi Final - toss up game.

Well, just as predicted rebels sweep the district! Indy just can't hang with the rebels. The eagles looked a little sluggish last night, not even playing with the same fire as they did at our house. I think several of their players had some great defense, but as I've stated before, If Kuchar is not on, you just can't seem to win. He's still a good player, but I thought surely you would have learned by now you need some other gameplans and other plays set up for other players. It's plain and simple, Coach Henrie was CLEARLY outcoached. I'm looking forward to another matchup, in the tournaments, where we can claim a third and final victory over Indy!

whats all this talk about Franklin sweeping the district, they still got one game with Centennial, and we all know Centennial can come out and play lights out ball, then blow it in the 4th!

congrats Franklin on a great season, the above was a slight joke, but you still cant look past Centennial ahead to the tourny. and its seems that Coach J. has done a great job the past several years in keeping his team focused on the game athand. again great job Franklin and coach Johnson