DYER COUNTY

JO10

QUOTE(WashedUp @ Jan 27 2007 - 06:16 PM) 826348486[/snapback]

Wow, it is amazing what a little winning does. Coach Froedden did an excellent job at DC preparing his YOUNG teams and developing their fundamentals. McCord walked into a great situation. Taking nothing away from him, but everyone needs to understand Froedden would be having the same success if he was at Dyer Co. The only player that would not be there would be Jeremy Kimble. By the way, where did he come from? Did he transfer from D-burg too? DC fans need to keep on talking however. You are giving Haywood, Fayette-Ware, Covington, Crockett Co, and Westview lots of motivation.

washedup coach Froedden did not have any control over these boys at all. He is also a thief. He took some computers and basketballs at Dyer County and didn't ask a sole. I have no respect for him at all. All he ever did was show off in front of the crowd and didn't impress anyone. Jeremy transfered from Missouri if you really want to know. To answer your next question,he didn't come with Coach McCord.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty big accusation to call Coach Froedden a thief. Some might say even mean. I know that his coaching style (in games) may not be favorable to you but that is his personality. He is an intense, in your face, coach. McCord's is different. The only time he gets up to yell, or for that matter say anything, is to complain about the officiating. But, his style has been effective. The Dyer Co. bunch is playing well. Some might go ahead and crown them Region 7AA champs. Obviously, it is theirs to lose. They have the talent to go all the way. They are deep and athletic. They have all the tools. Their only weakness is a lack of true post play. If a team can handle their pressure, make them defend for more than 5 passes in the half-court and stop their transition offense then they have a chance to beat them. I'm not saying that an opponent of Dyer Co. can win, but if they do these three things, they might have a chance. But let's be realistic, Dyer Co. is probably just too good for everyone else. Good luck to the Choctaws and everyone else the rest of the way out. Hope that all injuries heal up and the flu doesn't spread any farther than it has already. Should be an exciting month ahead.

By the way, I was just wondering if Kimble was one of the players D'burg. let get away. Why are you so defensive?

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Jan 27 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826348590[/snapback]

washedup coach Froedden did not have any control over these boys at all. He is also a thief. He took some computers and basketballs at Dyer County and didn't ask a sole. I have no respect for him at all. All he ever did was show off in front of the crowd and didn't impress anyone. Jeremy transfered from Missouri if you really want to know. To answer your next question,he didn't come with Coach McCord.

DC is winning again, Coach McCord is doing a great job, there is no need to be accusatory and make slanderous statements about someone who cant defend himself. But in Froedden's defense he did not steal anything. And if anything Froedden was in complete control, the team played alot tighter in fear of making any mistakes. McCord has given more freedom because his players can make play's. Check out the rosters for this year and last, there is no comparison. No one but CJ is playing any considerable mins. You are saying a bunch of garbage about a really good person. Please have some self control.

QUOTE(WashedUp @ Jan 27 2007 - 06:16 PM) 826348486[/snapback]

Wow, it is amazing what a little winning does. Coach Froedden did an excellent job at DC preparing his YOUNG teams and developing their fundamentals. McCord walked into a great situation. Taking nothing away from him, but everyone needs to understand Froedden would be having the same success if he was at Dyer Co. The only player that would not be there would be Jeremy Kimble. By the way, where did he come from? Did he transfer from D-burg too? DC fans need to keep on talking however. You are giving Haywood, Fayette-Ware, Covington, Crockett Co, and Westview lots of motivation.

I agree with you washed up..He walked into a great situation..Not too many coaches have had that priviledge...Froedden left I believe to be closer to his daughter..Had he'd known that he was going to get 3/5 of the Trojan basketball team and another great player from Missouri..he may have stayed at least another 3 years...I only live about 3 miles away from Dyer Co and I like watching them play..I support Lake Co but when Lake Co isn't playing..try to go watch Dyer Co..Hopefully Dyer Co will go a long way..They should have a great following as they go further in the tournaments...with players from Dyersburg and Newbern..should bring all the Trojan and Choctaw fans out to support these boys..

With 3 players from Dyersburg starting on the Dyer Co team..Dyersburg should come out and support these boys as well....I went to school with DC fan....he's a good guy..surprised he would say something like that..that is a pretty bad accusation of the former coach..But...then again ....maybe all this winning is making him say things he usually wouldn't say!I kid him because he went to school at Lake Co most of his life..moved to Dyer Co in about the 10th grade and a year later was wearing orange ...couldn't believe his loyalty changed that quick..I've lived in Dyer Co 25 years and although I like Dyer Co..have a son enrolled in the school system there..my loyalty has never waned..But..I guess that's how the fans in Dyer Co are..seemingly they hate Dyersburg..but I guess as long as they have a Choctaw jersey on...hmmm..Like they say..your best friend is the first person that will stab you in the back..But still..hopefully if Dyer Co goes to the Boro..the whole county should go and watch..After all..there are more Trojans starting than there are Choctaws...But then..maybe not..the jerseys say Choctaws!.....Maybe Dyer Co will take the Trojan mascot with them to make the boys and fans feel like they're home.....Hopefully ,all the schools with Indian names won't have to change their names as some activists are wanting..Can't be two Trojan teams..I don't guess there could be a Dyersburg Trojan and a Dyer Co.Trojan team..What was the name of the old Dyersburg Middle school?I believe it was the Red Raiders..That would be a good name,since Dyersburg seems to be a feeder school for Dyer Co....But seriously..Dyer Co has had players from Newbern,Dyersburg and Lake Co..so if they make the Boro...should be able to fill the arena!

QUOTE(johanndevereaux @ Jan 28 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826349270[/snapback]

DC is winning again, Coach McCord is doing a great job, there is no need to be accusatory and make slanderous statements about someone who cant defend himself. But in Froedden's defense he did not steal anything. And if anything Froedden was in complete control, the team played alot tighter in fear of making any mistakes. McCord has given more freedom because his players can make play's. Check out the rosters for this year and last, there is no comparison. No one but CJ is playing any considerable mins. You are saying a bunch of garbage about a really good person. Please have some self control.

Yor're right ..I checked out the roster and there is no comparison..I keep waiting for Dyer Co to become a private school..with players from all over..

But..they are a good team and play great basketball..And I love watching good basketball...!

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Jan 27 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826348590[/snapback]

Ole buddy..Why would you think there was going to be a next question?Did Kimble play for McCord last year in Missouri?I thought he did but may not have..I heard that he was from Missouri but his mom may have been from Newbern at one time or she married someone from Newbern..Thought he use to play for MCCord but maybe not!

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jan 28 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826349752[/snapback]

Ole buddy..Why would you think there was going to be a next question?Did Kimble play for McCord last year in Missouri?I thought he did but may not have..I heard that he was from Missouri but his mom may have been from Newbern at one time or she married someone from Newbern..Thought he use to play for MCCord but maybe not!

Goodness, goodness, goodness. Everybody is getting so defensive here! Who cares where the players are from. They are at Dyer County this year and nothing is going to change about that. Anyways, good luck to DC. May the best team win.

Jeremy Kimble moved over the summer before Coach McCord was even hired to coach at Dyer County. I know some of our players had already talked to him before they had a coach hired. He moved with his family and had not yet enrolled in school. When he found out that Coach McCord was coming to Dyer County he decided to enroll there.

QUOTE(DC_54_14 @ Jan 29 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826350563[/snapback]

Jeremy Kimble moved over the summer before Coach McCord was even hired to coach at Dyer County. I know some of our players had already talked to him before they had a coach hired. He moved with his family and had not yet enrolled in school. When he found out that Coach McCord was coming to Dyer County he decided to enroll there.

Exactly. It shouldn't matter even if he did come knowing Coach McCord was going to be coaching. Either way all these good players came to Dyer County for some reason. The ones who transferred from Dyersburg obviously had a reason they wanted to. Yeah, it is true any coach could be winning with this bunch of kids, but it does help to have a good coach, becuase as i said before, your coach not only motivates you but helps you get better. Coach Frodden was a yelling and screaming coach. Some players play well to that kind of coaching and some don't. Some players it may motivate to play harder, some it may put them down. Either way, I like the way Coach McCord is coaching these boys. Dyer County has the talent this year, even with players that aren't from here. Everyone that is a DC fan should just be happy they are doing good and probably going somewhere.

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jan 28 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826349732[/snapback]

I agree with you washed up..He walked into a great situation..Not too many coaches have had that priviledge...Froedden left I believe to be closer to his daughter..Had he'd known that he was going to get 3/5 of the Trojan basketball team and another great player from Missouri..he may have stayed at least another 3 years...I only live about 3 miles away from Dyer Co and I like watching them play..I support Lake Co but when Lake Co isn't playing..try to go watch Dyer Co..Hopefully Dyer Co will go a long way..They should have a great following as they go further in the tournaments...with players from Dyersburg and Newbern..should bring all the Trojan and Choctaw fans out to support these boys..

With 3 players from Dyersburg starting on the Dyer Co team..Dyersburg should come out and support these boys as well....I went to school with DC fan....he's a good guy..surprised he would say something like that..that is a pretty bad accusation of the former coach..But...then again ....maybe all this winning is making him say things he usually wouldn't say!I kid him because he went to school at Lake Co most of his life..moved to Dyer Co in about the 10th grade and a year later was wearing orange ...couldn't believe his loyalty changed that quick..I've lived in Dyer Co 25 years and although I like Dyer Co..have a son enrolled in the school system there..my loyalty has never waned..But..I guess that's how the fans in Dyer Co are..seemingly they hate Dyersburg..but I guess as long as they have a Choctaw jersey on...hmmm..Like they say..your best friend is the first person that will stab you in the back..But still..hopefully if Dyer Co goes to the Boro..the whole county should go and watch..After all..there are more Trojans starting than there are Choctaws...But then..maybe not..the jerseys say Choctaws!.....Maybe Dyer Co will take the Trojan mascot with them to make the boys and fans feel like they're home.....Hopefully ,all the schools with Indian names won't have to change their names as some activists are wanting..Can't be two Trojan teams..I don't guess there could be a Dyersburg Trojan and a Dyer Co.Trojan team..What was the name of the old Dyersburg Middle school?I believe it was the Red Raiders..That would be a good name,since Dyersburg seems to be a feeder school for Dyer Co....But seriously..Dyer Co has had players from Newbern,Dyersburg and Lake Co..so if they make the Boro...should be able to fill the arena!

Mr. Big , I saw your brother the other day. He said you were going through some tuff times with your surgeries. I hope you get to felling better. Now, about this Dyer Co. vs Lake Co. thing your talking about. I have explained this to you many times!!! I am a Dyer Co. fan, because I live in Newbern. I am also a Lake Co. fan too,except when they play Dyer Co. Now, if I lived in Lake Co. I would be a Falcon fan only. I'm going to pull for the team where I live. You ought to be that away. I was born in Lake Co.,doesn't mean I have to stay a river rat,does it? HAHA ...All jokes aside, I hope the Falcons find a way to beat them Tornados. Just wondering, do you think Coach Whitby is Lake Co.'s savyor? LOL

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Jan 29 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826350695[/snapback]

Mr. Big , I saw your brother the other day. He said you were going through some tuff times with your surgeries. I hope you get to felling better. Now, about this Dyer Co. vs Lake Co. thing your talking about. I have explained this to you many times!!! I am a Dyer Co. fan, because I live in Newbern. I am also a Lake Co. fan too,except when they play Dyer Co. Now, if I lived in Lake Co. I would be a Falcon fan only. I'm going to pull for the team where I live. You ought to be that away. I was born in Lake Co.,doesn't mean I have to stay a river rat,does it? HAHA ...All jokes aside, I hope the Falcons find a way to beat them Tornados. Just wondering, do you think Coach Whitby is Lake Co.'s savyor? LOL

Lake Co had a few good years before Whitby got there..James Avery,Harold Hughes and Co.went to the State tournament before he got there..But,,Whitby took the players he had,took it on the chin a couple seasons and the past several years have been winning a lot...He didn't have the luxury of having 4 studs transfer in his first year..I was hoping the first year or two..with the way Central parted ways with him..that Lake Co would get some of those Central players to start playing with Lake Co their freshman years..Especially the Samburg and Hornbeak area..Would love to see a couple 6'10 kids..Seems like Dyer co is the only school that can load up like that..At least Dyer Co got these kids the legal way this time..bu sitting out a year..