DYER COUNTY

JO10

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826351526[/snapback]

Lake Co had a few good years before Whitby got there..James Avery,Harold Hughes and Co.went to the State tournament before he got there..But,,Whitby took the players he had,took it on the chin a couple seasons and the past several years have been winning a lot...He didn't have the luxury of having 4 studs transfer in his first year..I was hoping the first year or two..with the way Central parted ways with him..that Lake Co would get some of those Central players to start playing with Lake Co their freshman years..Especially the Samburg and Hornbeak area..Would love to see a couple 6'10 kids..Seems like Dyer co is the only school that can load up like that..At least Dyer Co got these kids the legal way this time..bu sitting out a year..

Some of the comments you make about DC make me begin to wonder if you really are a DC fan.

QUOTE(JO10 @ Jan 30 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826351812[/snapback]

Some of the comments you make about DC make me begin to wonder if you really are a DC fan.

I'll be at the game tonight..I live in Newbern..have lived in Dyer Co 25 years..Lake co is my first team..I'm for Dyer co in every game as long as they don't play Lake Co..so that's not an issue since they no longer play,basically because of the Andre Flowers deal...But..If you've been reading over the years..I've said bad things about Lake Co ..and even had a couple people from Lake Co ask the same thing..I just speak my mind..I think Dyer Co has a great team..very fun to watch..hope they make it to the Boro as well as Lake Co..believe the coach at Dyer Co is a good coach..whines a little too much...I guess if you're from Dyer Co ..you would like that..working the officials..reminds me of Sisco from U.C. ... ..but just thought a few people from Dyer Co were giving him a little too much credit in turning the program around..may even get the best coach in the district award,,just because of the wins Dyer Co has had the past year or two..he's done a good job..I'll just leave it at that!

QUOTE(JO10 @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826345173[/snapback]

Dyer County has shown some very good talent this year. Very YOUNG talent! They do not have one senior on the starting five. Do they have the talent to make it all the way?

Dyer Co and OC had an exciting game Friday night. Much closer I think than most people expected. After OC rallying and plalying them close to the end, I don't think Dyer County will make it to the 'boro. They are good, in fact, I would like to see a game between UC and DC for it would be a fast paced game. But with them having played Dyersburg and OC close games, they are vulnerable.

QUOTE(JO10 @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826345256[/snapback]

Coach McCord is a great coach. I really like what he has done with that program. He has turned a lot of those kids attitudes around. They are much more respectful to their coaches and teammates than before he came. DC's future looks very bright.

Not a fan of DC, but I was impressed with the callmness of the DC coach and staff. My wife and I were also impressed with the black pants and white shirt look of the coaching staff. Really looked sharp!

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 3 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826356815[/snapback]

Dyer Co and OC had an exciting game Friday night. Much closer I think than most people expected. After OC rallying and plalying them close to the end, I don't think Dyer County will make it to the 'boro. They are good, in fact, I would like to see a game between UC and DC for it would be a fast paced game. But with them having played Dyersburg and OC close games, they are vulnerable.

I was told that Dyer Co. and Union City played each other in a practice game before the season started and Dyer Co. won by a very small margin. I don't remember what the score was, but someone reading this thread might be able to tell you.

QUOTE(DC_54_14 @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:37 AM) 826345393[/snapback]

I've seen the Choctaws play a few games this year where they looked like a team that could possibly make it to substate or maybe even Murfreesboro. If they can get a game going at their fast pace, they are very hard to handle. With the way their defense can cause turnovers, they can go on a 10 - 15 pt run in no time. Coach McCord is a great coach and all the players are truly great friends and they all get along. It should be exciting to see what happens come tournament time.

They are a good solid basketball with a lot of depth. But, they are going have to play a lot better than they have the last four games.

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:35 AM) 826356939[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

Have you heard anything about the score today..I believe Dyer Co is playing in Missouri today at 11..Your source is better than mine..I hated you brought this post back up..Want to let some of the other post go..If someone else goes back and comments..I'm not going to reply..Dyer co all the way!I guess I'm going to have to go out and buy one of those choctaw shirt and caps..My son wanted a shirt the other night..He goes to school there so I guess I'll get him one..I guess I could buy one for me also since I live in Newbern and I'm for them except for one game and we don't play..Dyer Co and Lake Co in the Boro!Put us on the same side and the roof will blow off!

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 3 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826356815[/snapback]

If DC is on and are playing good they will go to state for sure....Blake and Crittendon are a duo that cannot be stopped...No one has stopped them yet...You might have stopped Crittendon one time but you forgot about Blake...vice versa..The only thing stopping Dyer Co. from a state tourny run is the regional tournaments...Good Luck To DC!!

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 3 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826356987[/snapback]

Have you heard anything about the score today..I believe Dyer Co is playing in Missouri today at 11..Your source is better than mine..I hated you brought this post back up..Want to let some of the other post go..If someone else goes back and comments..I'm not going to reply..Dyer co all the way!I guess I'm going to have to go out and buy one of those choctaw shirt and caps..My son wanted a shirt the other night..He goes to school there so I guess I'll get him one..I guess I could buy one for me also since I live in Newbern and I'm for them except for one game and we don't play..Dyer Co and Lake Co in the Boro!Put us on the same side and the roof will blow off!

D.C..Come on to Tiptonville Monday night and watch Lake Co.and Humboldt play..Should be a great game..Dyer Co isn't playing Monday so you need to come to the game and see a packed gym that will be rocking..