Riverdale

uncfan09

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826346093[/snapback]

How do yall think that Riverdale is going to respond after a close game to Smyrna.

And do yall think that Riverdale is still the powerhouse that i have heard it used to be. and why did this new coach change the offense when the power I seemed to work so well for the previous coach

Riverdale will be good this year. It will be a while until we can tell

QUOTE(unc4life @ Feb 6 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826361153[/snapback]

easy to say "if we throw it 10 times" we have a good chance..but looks like the running game did yall well. so throw it up a couple of times but why risk a bunch of interseptions and mishaps when the other was working just fine. sure u didnt make it 2 the championship game but considering u had a new coach & no g.miller in the backfield i do think your team went alot further than people expected u 2 in the beginning. get mad & get even but dont think it is so easy to make the coaching decisions unless u have been one.

I think in the regular season you can get away with running running running but come post season whe your defenses are better and the teams aare better they need to respect the pass smyrna was putting 9 10 and 11 guys in the box no respect for the pass we threw 3 times and each time the reciever was open he caought one dropped one and the other was thrown to the wrong side. but you have got ot get all those guys out of the box the lineman can only block so many of them

TDC I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID

QUOTE(unc4life @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:03 PM) 826364202[/snapback]

didnt riverdale have a better season than wilson central? why wld they want to do something a team that had a worse record was doing?

im not going to banter about this with you i dont think you are reading the ENTIRE POSTS....running is great but you have to pass more than 2 or 3 times in the PLAYOFFS the defenses in the PLAYOFFS are too GOOD to just run all the time you have to make them RESPECT THE PASS AND NOT PUT 9-12 GUYS IN THE BOX YOUR LINEMAN CANT BLOCK THEM ALL

As I have said before........Coach A is in charge and he can run whatever he chooses. He felt more comfortable with the wingt. You have to go with what feels right to you. In case you forgot ......the WC/ Riverdale game was for the top spot in the region last yr. So I really wouldn't down WC......they ran the T with precision.

QUOTE(CantStopTheChop @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:10 PM) 826364376[/snapback]

We need to keep running so it opens up the passing game. Play action plays will be key this year

Exactly...pass when we want to and have the element of surprise. The passing game has to be sharp so that those plays do get the defense's attention.