Riverdale

uncfan09

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 3 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826357375[/snapback]

I dont think he will be at BGA next year either

riverdaleman, do you know if his younger brother coaches with him to BGA? i know he came in and was a freshman assistant in 2005 which was the last year mcdaniel was still here

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 2 2007 - 12:27 AM) 826355512[/snapback]

wonder what are the chances aydelott could get coach mcdaniel to return to riverdale? he still lives in the boro, only been gone one year and knows our defensive system like the back of his hand, familiar to the players and coaches, and he came to some riverdale playoff games this year (i saw him at the smyrna game). on top of that, BGA went 1-9. his position there is defensive coordinator and would be a GREAT replacement to collins, both of them are very intense coaches who can get the boys hype and ready to play.

coaches like to move around to new oppurtunities to grow in their coaching, climb the ladder to becoming a head coach and such, hopefully he wouldnt consider it taking a step back to come back to riverdale. it might be in the salary department though i suppose, considering BGA is a private school. i have no idea if he's been contacted, but i sure do hope he is

It looks like Coach McDaniel is going to leave BGA...to be the head coach at Moore County. Rumor is that he wants to bring some Riverdale coaches with him...doesn't Coach White live in Lynchburg...

QUOTE(TDCman @ Feb 4 2007 - 09:01 AM) 826357777[/snapback]

I thought Caleb looked pretty good at TE this year when he got in. Seems to have good hands. I know the coaches worked with him a lot a DE last year in the scrimmages but I don't think he was ready yet physically. I heard that Farley is going to be a player somewhere on the defense...hopefully by this fall. Brown ia another guy that could help out on the defense if he's ready. He got lot's of work on special teams last year. There's another young DE but I can't remember his name right now. I also thought there was a DE from the freshmen team that had a chance at some early playing time.

Deandre and Geoffrey both looked good when they got in last year. Let's hope Deandre is healthy and these guys are ready to step up as full-timers.

Sumrall spent lot's of time at OT and DE last year....is he going to focus on one of those spots in the spring?

I think DE and LB are the big questions to get answered in the spring.

Just wondering who are riverdales receivers? I have never read a word about who would catch a pass if they ever decided to throw one ( I know the reply " well we don't have to throw when we run so good")

QUOTE(82cat @ Feb 6 2007 - 06:17 AM) 826360106[/snapback]

Just wondering who are riverdales receivers? I have never read a word about who would catch a pass if they ever decided to throw one ( I know the reply " well we don't have to throw when we run so good")

julius worthington, labrian lawrence...both are good, julius was probably on his way to being an all area reciever by his senior year but the new offense sorta made him take a step back (hardly thrown to), he had a pretty good sophmore year under rankins offense. it seems except for the days of taron henry (and QB stephen britton for that matter, he seemed to be a better passer than runner) that riverdale throws more to their tight ends anyways

QUOTE(Middle Tennessee Football @ Feb 5 2007 - 10:52 PM) 826359975[/snapback]

It looks like Coach McDaniel is going to leave BGA...to be the head coach at Moore County. Rumor is that he wants to bring some Riverdale coaches with him...doesn't Coach White live in Lynchburg...

Congratulations to Coach Mac!

Moore County got an excellent young Coach. He IS missed at R'dale.

Heck the whole family is a class act.

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 6 2007 - 07:10 AM) 826360132[/snapback]

julius worthington, labrian lawrence...both are good, julius was probably on his way to being an all area reciever by his senior year but the new offense sorta made him take a step back (hardly thrown to), he had a pretty good sophmore year under rankins offense. it seems except for the days of taron henry (and QB stephen britton for that matter, he seemed to be a better passer than runner) that riverdale throws more to their tight ends anyways

Both Julius and Labryan can catch it. McClain did a great job catching the ball out of the backfield last year and we do have TEs that can catch as well.

Like most others, I'm hoping the passing game will develop into trying to pass when we want to instead of waiting until we have to. We should throw ten times a game. If we can do that effectively it's enough to keep the defenses honest.

but it seems like riverdale will struggle with special teams next year because i think there starting long snapper is leaving i think his name is sam brazzel and i havent heard of any other long snappers coming from there and my dad said that is one of the most under appreciated positions on the football field

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Feb 7 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826362134[/snapback]

but it seems like riverdale will struggle with special teams next year because i think there starting long snapper is leaving i think his name is sam brazzel and i havent heard of any other long snappers coming from there and my dad said that is one of the most under appreciated positions on the football field

sam was snapper on field goal team. carson tinker has been the punt team long snapper for 2 years and can snap field goals pretty good also

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Feb 7 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826362134[/snapback]

Where is he going?