Riverdale

uncfan09

QUOTE(unc4life @ Jan 31 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826353464[/snapback]

what is it that they are pushing so "hard" on? practice already started??couldnt have.. everyone always says they are working harder than the guys b4 them.

January is the time that R'dale works on weights hard and agility drills. They are not practicing per se and they are NOT in pads. They usually push hard on weights as their annual weight compitition is usually in February.

Now is the time for strength and SPEED!

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tdntn @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:28 AM) 826352697[/snapback]

this senior class (2008) of riverdale went 7-1 (imcomplete schedule) and won the lions bowl versus columbia central. i think we beat oakland pretty good by like 3 or 4 touchdowns

Scott Thomas has committed to austin-peay. i think he had a full ride from UAB on the table and he could have been competing against his brother each year in the same conference (conference USA), but rumor has it is that once the ink touches the paper he will be the govs starting QB for 2007. he will join former teammates philip stevenson and kit hartsfield, probably more i forgot and there might be some more c/o 2007 riverdale seniors who sign with them also

http://murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=2082

the score was 21-7

QUOTE(CantStopTheChop @ Jan 31 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826353373[/snapback]

Scott is a hardworking kid, he deserved this.

Riverdale should be good, this is the hardest they have ever worked in the offseason.

i still think he could have got better.........but playing in the wing t and throwing only 3x a game hurts your credibility at QB but best to luck with him at PEAY and eveyone else who signed........i want to see goree play at Colorado

wonder what are the chances aydelott could get coach mcdaniel to return to riverdale? he still lives in the boro, only been gone one year and knows our defensive system like the back of his hand, familiar to the players and coaches, and he came to some riverdale playoff games this year (i saw him at the smyrna game). on top of that, BGA went 1-9. his position there is defensive coordinator and would be a GREAT replacement to collins, both of them are very intense coaches who can get the boys hype and ready to play.

coaches like to move around to new oppurtunities to grow in their coaching, climb the ladder to becoming a head coach and such, hopefully he wouldnt consider it taking a step back to come back to riverdale. it might be in the salary department though i suppose, considering BGA is a private school. i have no idea if he's been contacted, but i sure do hope he is

QUOTE(THE Coach33 @ Feb 3 2007 - 09:04 PM) 826357440[/snapback]

What about #65 and #97 at DT and #33 at TE/DE, I saw them on get in some last year? What are their names and what they looking like this year

#65 is Deandre Miller, brother of Gaston, he's been fighting a knee injury since freshman season and Riverdale really needs him healthy for this year, he should be a starter (at tackle) if so. #97 is Geoffrey Tears, he also has a shot to start at tackle, especially if Verge is moved to end.

#33 is Caleb West, he's a talent also and has a shot to start at TE/DE positions

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:38 AM) 826357707[/snapback]

#65 is Deandre Miller, brother of Gaston, he's been fighting a knee injury since freshman season and Riverdale really needs him healthy for this year, he should be a starter (at tackle) if so. #97 is Geoffrey Tears, he also has a shot to start at tackle, especially if Verge is moved to end.

#33 is Caleb West, he's a talent also and has a shot to start at TE/DE positions

I thought Caleb looked pretty good at TE this year when he got in. Seems to have good hands. I know the coaches worked with him a lot a DE last year in the scrimmages but I don't think he was ready yet physically. I heard that Farley is going to be a player somewhere on the defense...hopefully by this fall. Brown ia another guy that could help out on the defense if he's ready. He got lot's of work on special teams last year. There's another young DE but I can't remember his name right now. I also thought there was a DE from the freshmen team that had a chance at some early playing time.

Deandre and Geoffrey both looked good when they got in last year. Let's hope Deandre is healthy and these guys are ready to step up as full-timers.

Sumrall spent lot's of time at OT and DE last year....is he going to focus on one of those spots in the spring?

I think DE and LB are the big questions to get answered in the spring.