Riverdale

uncfan09

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He changed it b/c his bread and butter was in the Wingt. Isn't it HIS right as the head coach to run what HE knows? His gold ball proves his worth. I truly believe his wingT was responsible for making a decent QB into a great one. Remember Rankin left RHS late in the yr, so they did extremely well implementing the system.

Did you forget they still won the region?

riverdale has ended with heartbreakers 2 years in a row to teams that not a soul from riverdale believed they would lose to...2 teams that had never beaten them before (oak ridge was previously 0-5 and smyrna was like 0-17). they need to respond and i know this senior class very well and think they have the heart and the talent to win it all, we will just have to wait and see.

I am interested to see if the talent level at Riverdale goes down over the next few years. I had heard that was the reason three of the coaches jumped at the opportunity to leave last year. Now, I am sure those coaches did what was best for them, but I heard some of the motivation was based on the lack of talent at the middle school...Christiana? or something like that.

Some of you in the know give me your opinion on this.

Part of Christiana's problem is it is a new school. The coaches there and the players are still learning.

Hopefully Christiana will also go to the WingT so the transition going from it to R'dale will not be a shock.

As to how well R'dale does this year, it should be OK and the Smyrna game could be just the shock they needed to make them even stronger. They have learned they are human and if they don't play their best every game they can be beaten. This should also let them know they have to play top form football from the very first game to the last. They cannot afford the luxuory of taking the first three of four games for granted and only getting going hard after that.

The beating they gave Smyrna in the first game last year made them overconfident and it showed when Smyrna squeeked by them in the playoffs. Yes I said squeeked by as they were VERY lucky to beat R'dale at home. Shad had a great game plan and Smyrna finally executed it to perfection.

Instead of riding R'dale and getting cocky, they should Thank R'dale for the first beating as it humbled them and made them a better team in the long run.

No we don't have 'run em up' anymore, but we are still Riverdale and should not be taken for granted either.

QUOTE(unc4life @ Jan 26 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826346690[/snapback]

true heart is important...but so is talent and coaching..and determination i did not see any of these items mentioned.

i didnt mention them, sure, but its there. its safe to assume those things about riverdale so i figured you would.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Jan 26 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826346893[/snapback]

Part of Christiana's problem is it is a new school. The coaches there and the players are still learning.

Hopefully Christiana will also go to the WingT so the transition going from it to R'dale will not be a shock.

As to how well R'dale does this year, it should be OK and the Smyrna game could be just the shock they needed to make them even stronger. They have learned they are human and if they don't play their best every game they can be beaten. This should also let them know they have to play top form football from the very first game to the last. They cannot afford the luxuory of taking the first three of four games for granted and only getting going hard after that.

The beating they gave Smyrna in the first game last year made them overconfident and it showed when Smyrna squeeked by them in the playoffs. Yes I said squeeked by as they were VERY lucky to beat R'dale at home. Shad had a great game plan and Smyrna finally executed it to perfection.

Instead of riding R'dale and getting cocky, they should Thank R'dale for the first beating as it humbled them and made them a better team in the long run.

No we don't have 'run em up' anymore, but we are still Riverdale and should not be taken for granted either.

good post