Riverdale

uncfan09

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 4 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826399348[/snapback]new to the area...there are 2 unc posters on here... i did not start this posting but i find it interesting how those that are not from riverdale (which i believe you are not) know so much about riverdale & its coaches. how about the comment about coach white, that was a new one 4 me so guess i am still learning about the rutherford teams. glad 2 be on here enjoy the info

I have a good inside contact inside the walls of Riverdale who is a coach. I am definitely not from RHS, but my son's 4 best friends played for them and still continue to keep up with the program. The poster, olandpats has a cousin currently on the team and passes on info to me too. I believe White has already informed the players of his move. I have known this info for a few weeks now, but did not mention it on here out of respect for Kris and for the players at RHS. They deserve to hear of this move from him and not on this board. Moore County is getting a quality young man, and I wish him the best of luck.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826399291[/snapback]HE beat Oakland? Funny, I didn't see him sporting pads or a number?? HE only signaled in plays that were called by RANKIN. If HE is such a commodity , then why can't HE get hired at all the schools he has applied to recently? Why didn't HE go with Rankin to Alcoa? Because Rankin didn't ASK him to? There is a reason, TDC.....a reason......

As long as he is a coach at Riverdale you get no free shots at him. You should be more concerned about your problems with the meter reader you have over on the plantation. How many games has he won?

Oakland is moving in the right direction. If Mr. Vaughn had not thought so , he would have made a change. After all, Vaughn was a HIGHLY successful football coach himself. I trust his judgement. Guess that is why he isn't interested in hiring your backstabber who badmouths the Head Coach b/h his back .

Coach A is moving things in the right direction at Riverdale and I am sure there are a few tweaks he is working on fixing there. I wish him the very best in all he does. He is a a very good man who cares about his players while they are on the team and also helping them to make the transition to college.

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 4 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826399348[/snapback]new to the area...there are 2 unc posters on here... i did not start this posting but i find it interesting how those that are not from riverdale (which i believe you are not) know so much about riverdale & its coaches. how about the comment about coach white, that was a new one 4 me so guess i am still learning about the rutherford teams. glad 2 be on here enjoy the info

Everyone who knows football in Rutherford County HAS to know who and what is going on at other schools. Makes it easier to keep up with the trades and the draft. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It also has the added effect of keeping some from looking like fools on here.....which we ALL are guilty of from time to time. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I will admit I am guilty of it from time to time also.

Coach White WILL be missed. Good Coach and a great guy in general.

The only real problem 2P had with R'dale was Coach Rankin and his 'mini me' version.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Mar 4 2007 - 06:06 PM) 826399697[/snapback]Everyone who knows football in Rutherford County HAS to know who and what is going on at other schools. Makes it easier to keep up with the trades and the draft. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It also has the added effect of keeping some from looking like fools on here.....which we ALL are guilty of from time to time. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I will admit I am guilty of it from time to time also.

Coach White WILL be missed. Good Coach and a great guy in general.

The only real problem 2P had with R'dale was Coach Rankin and his 'mini me' version.

You really want to find out something that LOTS of us want to know is finding out who 2P REALLY is. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Some of us have been trying to figure that out for over three years and still don't know.

2P isnt really who he says he is. His "son" is him.

Update by CantStopTheChop on tdntn's account:

maxes were good, we had spivey, pope, and miller bench over 300

tinker, summerall, and spurlock, cleaned over 300, and summerall broke the clean record

and almost every potential starter squats over 400

The banquet is on March 31st

spring practice begins in late april

QUOTE(tdntn @ Mar 5 2007 - 02:36 PM) 826400717[/snapback]Update from cantstopthechop

maxes were good, we had spivey,pope,and miller bench over 300

tinker summerall and spurlock cleaned over 300, and summerall broke the clean record

and almost every can be starter squats over 400

spring practice is in april

Thanks for the update...sounds like a solid foundation. The gains between this test and the last test are usually pretty substantial so I'd say things look positive from the strength perspective.

QUOTE(tdntn @ Mar 5 2007 - 02:36 PM) 826400717[/snapback]Update by CantStopTheChop on tdntn's account:

maxes were good, we had spivey, pope, and miller bench over 300

tinker, summerall, and spurlock, cleaned over 300, and summerall broke the clean record

and almost every potential starter squats over 400

spring practice begins in late april

I went back to get some perspective and I'm really impressed with the clean results. I'm not sure of the last time Riverdale had three guys clean over 300. The last couple years they haven't had anybody clean 300 in February.

Of the guys listed above; Spivey, Pope, Miller, Sumerall, and Tinker all all guys that need to take full-time starting roles this Fall.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 5 2007 - 05:51 PM) 826400873[/snapback]Sounds like another strong line for Riverdale again..........just greatttttttttttttttttt. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Yes it is isn't it. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And not only are they big and strong, they are FAST too!

QUOTE(TDCman @ Mar 5 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826400952[/snapback]I went back to get some perspective and I'm really impressed with the clean results. I'm not sure of the last time Riverdale had three guys clean over 300. The last couple years they haven't had anybody clean 300 in February.

Of the guys listed above; Spivey, Pope, Miller, Sumerall, and Tinker all all guys that need to take full-time starting roles this Fall.

If Spurlock lives up to his potential this year he will probably be one of the best to ever play for R'dale. I am looking forward to what Verge will do this year also.