Riverdale

uncfan09

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the current plan is to have Rockeagle/Eaglerock open in 2011...that's four years. Reality is that they need the school now. They have moved more temporary classrooms to Riverdale and set them up in that parking lot between the baseball field and the Gym. THat has to bring riverdale up to about 10-12 temporary classrooms.

There is a pretty strong contingent that wants to build a high school at Stewart's Creek before Rockeagle gets built. I think that Eaglerock will get the nod but it definitely will get some hot discussion before a building gets built anywhere. Wherever they build the next school it will provide relief for more than one school due too shifting of school zones. There does come a time when you need that next school built and I think that time is upon us.

Spear/Chop, as soon as you know when/where the MBA scrimmage is could you post it.

I swung by to do a recon of Antioch last weekend and they must have 20 temporary classrooms set up there. Also saw where they are building another high school out closer to I-20 on Old Hickory Boulevard. Wonder if thats going to be a 5A size high school. Regardless, that should solve Antioch's over-crowding problem and it brings up some interesting realignment implications. The facilities at Antioch are a lot like ours so we should get in OK.

Do the pads start popping tomorrow?

Part of Christiana's problem is it is a new school. The coaches there and the players are still learning.

Hopefully Christiana will also go to the WingT so the transition going from it to R'dale will not be a shock.

As to how well R'dale does this year, it should be OK and the Smyrna game could be just the shock they needed to make them even stronger. They have learned they are human and if they don't play their best every game they can be beaten. This should also let them know they have to play top form football from the very first game to the last. They cannot afford the luxuory of taking the first three of four games for granted and only getting going hard after that.

The beating they gave Smyrna in the first game last year made them overconfident and it showed when Smyrna squeeked by them in the playoffs. Yes I said squeeked by as they were VERY lucky to beat R'dale at home. Shad had a great game plan and Smyrna finally executed it to perfection.

Instead of riding R'dale and getting cocky, they should Thank R'dale for the first beating as it humbled them and made them a better team in the long run.

No we don't have 'run em up' anymore, but we are still Riverdale and should not be taken for granted either.

No one is getting "Cocky" the season hasn't even started, and The Smyrna Riverdale game is a long ways away. Right now everyone is just giving their opinion, so please don't start the "Smyrna Bashing" when the season hasn't even started... I mean they just put on pads for the first time today.... I agree with everything else, but after so many years of getting their rears handed to them by Riverdale, Smyrna had a right to be a little "cocky" as you put it last year. They were on cloud nine and if the records had been reversed for Riverdale and Smyrna, Riverdale would have been the same way and I wouldn't have said a word b/c they would have deserved to celebrate all they wanted. Whether they "squeaked" by or not.

No one is getting "Cocky" the season hasn't even started, and The Smyrna Riverdale game is a long ways away. Right now everyone is just giving their opinion, so please don't start the "Smyrna Bashing" when the season hasn't even started... I mean they just put on pads for the first time today.... I agree with everything else, but after so many years of getting their rears handed to them by Riverdale, Smyrna had a right to be a little "cocky" as you put it last year. They were on cloud nine and if the records had been reversed for Riverdale and Smyrna, Riverdale would have been the same way and I wouldn't have said a word b/c they would have deserved to celebrate all they wanted. Whether they "squeaked" by or not.

Oh Boy yet another one that does not know that I graduated from Smyrna and in every other game but the R'dale one I am pulling for them. I root for R'dale for one reason only. My son played there because of where we live now. The Smyrna vs R'dale game will be here before you know it and like last year it will probably decide exactly who is the Region Champion. While most from Smyrna were NOT cocky, ie the players, there is alot of it in Smyrna in general. I know this as I am there ALOT as my parents still live there. Yes, Smyrna deserved the playoff win because they played the best game I have seen them play in the last 25 years. Now can they repeat it?

The BIG target is on their backs now, so be ready for EVERYONE to be gunning for you.

Not yet unfortunately was making plans to go out to Oklahoma to watch the 'clone' graduate from Boot Camp. Just my luck it is the same time as the 'Battle for the Boro'. Gonna try and make it today at least for a little bit.

Let us know what you think. If you get any details on the scrimmage let us know as well.