will greeneville take state in AAA

greenedevilfan91

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greenedevilfan91 @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826346180[/snapback]

tell me i think we can do it....go wiggins

TAKE STATE.....hmm....Take is a very strong word. I believe anything is possible, however, my vote will be for Raleigh Egypt. My opinion is based upon their coach's ability, the depth of the team & their overall cohesiveness.

QUOTE(RCCOLA @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826346671[/snapback]

TAKE STATE.....hmm....Take is a very strong word. I believe anything is possible, however, my vote will be for Raleigh Egypt. My opinion is based upon their coach's ability, the depth of the team & their overall cohesiveness.

RE might have an advantage in depth, but I put Greeneville's coaching and teamwork up against anybody in the state. It might be the lack of depth that ultimately sinks the Devils, but they will go down fighting.

I think tomorrow night will be a good indicator as to whether Greeneville should be considered a State Champ quality team. I've seen SH play a few times this year and they are an above average team. They are no where near State Champ quality however unless the state is really down this year. I don't think it is. If Greeneville is going to be a factor, then they should beat the Toppers going away.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826346728[/snapback]

I think tomorrow night will be a good indicator as to whether Greeneville should be considered a State Champ quality team. I've seen SH play a few times this year and they are an above average team. They are no where near State Champ quality however unless the state is really down this year. I don't think it is. If Greeneville is going to be a factor, then they should beat the Toppers going away.

Well said Volman! I totally agree.

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826346734[/snapback]

Sorry but no. If they have to rely on one player to take them to state then they dont have chance against TEAMS that play together. I think RE has a pretty good shot at state though

Last time I checked, 5 players take the floor, not one. Wiggins is the star, but that does not mean they don't play together as a team. A good team knows what their advantage is and plays to it. This is the case with Greeneville. Yeah, Wiggins scores a lot of points but he also averages 6 assists. They have no problem feeding it inside to Anderson or Bailey or kicking out to Gash or Woods when Wiggins draws the double team. The best measure of Greeneville's teamwork is their defense. The most points given up all season (65) was to Dr Krop in the Arby's Classic, who beat both Liberty and Antioch to win the tourney.