Grainger High School

Warlock

The fall of 2008 finds a new school opening up in Grainger County, Grainger High

School will be known as the "Grizzlies". They plan on having the school colors as

Navy Blue and Burnt Orange. Is it just me or do these colors seem like an odd

Mix? Maybe they will look OK once you see it in person.

I don't know if Grainger will be a 3A school or 4A.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Warlock @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826346301[/snapback]

The fall of 2008 finds a new school opening up in Grainger County, Grainger High

School will be known as the "Grizzlies". They plan on having the school colors as

Navy Blue and Burnt Orange. Is it just me or do these colors seem like an odd

Mix? Maybe they will look OK once you see it in person.

I don't know if Grainger will be a 3A school or 4A.

Think AUBURN. They look pretty good.

QUOTE(muffin @ Jan 26 2007 - 07:17 PM) 826347357[/snapback]

What schools combined to make this school?

Rutledge High school has become over crowded. so they decided to build a new high school and ask any of the students at washburn that wanted to cross the mountain and become a part of Grainger high school thye could. Washburn does not have a football team, so you never know there might be some good players over there that have always wanted to play but could not. The new high school can offer more than what Wasburn can. I think the enrollment at Washburn is between 200 and 300. The new high school I believe will have a capacity of 1500 or 1600. I don't know what the enrollment will be in the fall of 2008.

QUOTE(Warlock @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826347499[/snapback]

Rutledge High school has become over crowded. so they decided to build a new high school and ask any of the students at washburn that wanted to cross the mountain and become a part of Grainger high school thye could. Washburn does not have a football team, so you never know there might be some good players over there that have always wanted to play but could not. The new high school can offer more than what Wasburn can. I think the enrollment at Washburn is between 200 and 300. The new high school I believe will have a capacity of 1500 or 1600. I don't know what the enrollment will be in the fall of 2008.

Thanks warlock.

QUOTE(Warlock @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826347499[/snapback]

Washburn dosen't even have 190... Are they planing to shut Washburn down??? Even if they don't, I forsee them closing it in a few years since they are pouring all that money into a new school. Thats a shame... Those small schools have so much community pride. But then again, so does Rutledge... Why not just call the new school Rutledge High School??? I don't see the new school having much more than 1000 kids...

Those of you wondering about the colors, just lok at some pictures of Ridgeway's team. They are Navy and Orange... As for hements, you could do just like Auburn, exept have a G C insted of the U A.... What would really look the best is if they used Navy as the dominate color, and the orange and white to supplament it... Navey helment with a white facemask, and two orange stripes starting up front and tapering off as they go back.

QUOTE(Warlock @ Jan 28 2007 - 05:58 PM) 826349530[/snapback]

ok guys, what goes on the helmet? A big G for Grainger or Grizzlies? How about a Grizzly paw print, or is that too big?

SUGGESTIONS?????

Change Colors...... What school would want to look like the barn

For the helmet just a G or plain. A paw print would look too little league IMO