Grainger High School

Warlock

QUOTE(Warlock @ Jan 28 2007 - 11:23 PM) 826349844[/snapback]

How about the word " Griz" on the helmet like the University of Montana ?

The word "Griz" would be written though.

Just a couple of thoughts....

Go with something different other than the "G" and a white helmet. If you don't, it would look like something close to Gibbs whom they would probably be playing (although different team colors).

Also, stay away from the "GC". That might be too close to the "GP" at Gatlinburg-Pittman.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(showvol @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:04 AM) 826350170[/snapback]

Just a couple of thoughts....

Go with something different other than the "G" and a white helmet. If you don't, it would look like something close to Gibbs whom they would probably be playing (although different team colors).

Also, stay away from the "GC". That might be too close to the "GP" at Gatlinburg-Pittman.

I am hoping they have enough enrollment to put them in 4A which would probably put them in the same region as Morristown east and west plus Cherokee and etc.......

I don't know for sure where 4A enrollment starts, if someone knows let us know.

QUOTE(Warlock @ Jan 29 2007 - 07:15 PM) 826350765[/snapback]

I am hoping they have enough enrollment to put them in 4A which would probably put them in the same region as Morristown east and west plus Cherokee and etc.......

I don't know for sure where 4A enrollment starts, if someone knows let us know.

5A

Schools with an enrollment of 1,358 and above.

4A

Schools with an enrollment of 984 to 1,357.

3A

Schools with an enrollment of 667 to 983.

2A

Schools with an enrollment of 399 to 666.

1A

Schools with an enrollment of 398 and under

After reading today's edition of Grainger Today i am wondering what all the fuss is about. I read where people wanted the name "Pioneers" remain as the mascot.

What is wrong with name "Grizzlies"? Yes I know there are no Grizzlies in Grainger County or Tennessee for that matter. The last time I looked there are no real Trojans in Morristown. Also when was the last time anyone seen a Hurricane in Morristown. Yes the Name Cougars or Wolves, aka Lobos, Coyotes, which are nothing more than vermin, or Bears may have been a more appropriate name. Lets not forget that there will be more than just Rutledge, Bean Station, Joppa and Blaine students involved, there is also Washburn students to consider. So what is wrong with a NEW mascot name for a NEW school.

The County now can become one as in one high school and one name, "Grizzlies".

I say this because I am a 1974 graduate of Rutledge High School

GO BLUE !!!

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(muffin @ Jan 26 2007 - 08:17 PM) 826347357[/snapback]What schools combined to make this school?

It's supposed to be Washburn and Rutledge, but the director of schools has made Grainger Co. an open zone and will leave Washburn open.

There's also the fact of a long-standing stupid rivalry between the two sides of Clinch Mountain. Transportation will be a concern because some of the Washburn kids live on little narrow rickety roads in Thorn Hill and Powder Springs, which are closer to Hancock Co and Union Co respectively. The mentality needs to change for this to be an ultimate success.

The school will be a great place to go if everyone works at it.