region 3-2a for 2007. Whos got it?

Gatorade767

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gatorade767 @ Jan 26 2007 - 11:45 AM) 826346782[/snapback]

Who has the region for this up coming year?? My prediction....

1. Tyner

2. Boyd

3. Sequatchie

4. Marion

5. Bledsoe

Do you agree??

I have Tyner and Boyd dueling for 1st again this year. I also put Marion in 3rd and round it out with Sequatchie and Bledsoe fighting for the 4th place. But your rankings are very possible. Sequatchie has some questions to answer after last season and Bledsoe has a new coach coming in so we'll see how all of that gets resolved. Boyd has some holes to plug and it will be interesting to see what Marion does this year. It could be a very interesting year for 3-2A.

QUOTE(The Drunken Sailor @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826346794[/snapback]

I have Tyner and Boyd dueling for 1st again this year. I also put Marion in 3rd and round it out with Sequatchie and Bledsoe fighting for the 4th place. But your rankings are very possible. Sequatchie has some questions to answer after last season and Bledsoe has a new coach coming in so we'll see how all of that gets resolved. Boyd has some holes to plug and it will be interesting to see what Marion does this year. It could be a very interesting year for 3-2A.

Tyner is what they are.. Boyd i have no clue about. But Sequatchie has almost all 11 starters on both sides of the ball coming back. Marion does too but they are not that powerfull they throw it around and if you put pressure of Thompson then he'll flip out. Bledsoe lost all of their line and the only thing they have coming back is Chris Watson and Trey Colvard.. But who knows its a toss up for 2,3,4, and 5.

QUOTE(Gatorade767 @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826346808[/snapback]

Tyner is what they are.. Boyd i have no clue about. But Sequatchie has almost all 11 starters on both sides of the ball coming back. Marion does too but they are not that powerfull they throw it around and if you put pressure of Thompson then he'll flip out. Bledsoe lost all of their line and the only thing they have coming back is Chris Watson and Trey Colvard.. But who knows its a toss up for 2,3,4, and 5.

I agree with your Tyner statement, disagree with your Thompson statement, and agree once more with your last sentence. Tyner wins 3-2A easily, with the rest in a toss up for 2 thru 5. Personally, I feel Marion County can easily be the No. 2 team.

The attitude behind saying that it's a toss-up for positions 2-5 is why Tyner won so many region titles. I'm glad the Boyd coaches & players didn't have that attitude this year. Just about everyone thought it was a lock for Tyner last season, and the BUCS proved that Tyner can be beaten. I expect Tyner to have a great team again this year, but I have higher expectations for the BUCS, and expect them to repeat as region champs.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(BnL @ Jan 28 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826349728[/snapback]The attitude behind saying that it's a toss-up for positions 2-5 is why Tyner won so many region titles. I'm glad the Boyd coaches & players didn't have that attitude this year. Just about everyone thought it was a lock for Tyner last season, and the BUCS proved that Tyner can be beaten. I expect Tyner to have a great team again this year, but I have higher expectations for the BUCS, and expect them to repeat as region champs.

...The Tyner "RAMS" won so many Region titles not because the other teams conceded by saying:" it's a toss-up for the other positions"...we won because we had the better athletes and coaches on our side of the field...we never said that we couldn't be beaten...Meigs County proved that in 2000...I won't know what the "RAMS" will look like this year...I do know that we lost 4 of 5 offensive linemen...and return 3 of 5 in the backfield...we should be a little better defensively but I'll wait to comment after the Spring scrimmage!!!

...I congratulate the Bucs for winning the 2006 Region 3-2A title(and beating the "RAMS" for the 1st time in five tries /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )...just remember that nobody wins all of the time...and only 'time' will tell if you are able to duplicate your 'expectations' !!!

QUOTE(Gatorade767 @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826346782[/snapback]Who has the region for this up coming year?? My prediction....

1. Tyner

2. Boyd

3. Sequatchie

4. Marion

5. Bledsoe

Do you agree??

I would have to put tyner #1 cause tyner is going to take the region back. i think its going to be a tuff year for bledsoe and sequatchie returns alot of starters so they will be tuff #22 and #42 for sequatchie looked like good ball players last year can anyone give me a name and what and grade they are in? I think marion can take 2nd in the region so this is my picks

1.tyner

2. marion

3.sequatchie OR boyd its a toss up

4. the loser of sc and boyd

5.bledsoe

but goodluck to all teams

QUOTE(MarionsTime @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:03 PM) 826405466[/snapback]sequatchie returns alot of starters so they will be tuff #22 and #42 for sequatchie looked like good ball players last year can anyone give me a name and what and grade they are in?

#22 RB/LB Logan Farley will be a Senior. (Some thought he should have been the #1 Running back most of last year but he finally got a bigger role in the offense toward the end of the year and showed good stuff in the Marion game. He has been strong for a couple of years at linebacker.

#42 RB/WR/LB/S Brandon Ashby will be a Junior. He really came on last year and I think he can be very good over the next couple of years.

I have heard good things from people about the guys working hard in the weight room and I think they can have a good season this fall and get back in the playoffs.

Don't know what this means but Boyd will have 13 starters back this year. The D'line will return and 4 of 5 on the O line will return. Also the young Qb who split time with Allison later in the season will be back. They need to find a Tailback and a Wideout. Hopefully someone will step up.