2007 PREDICTIONS

LEONARDSLOSERS

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed..knox west doimnates 4 like the next 3 years..and wins 1st in tha division...if maryville really does move up to 5A in 2008..but next year will be everybodys last shot @ maryville..if it is tru that they r moving up..so take it while u can get it...but top 2 bottom i agree with next year..w/ knox west challenging 4 the top spot......(mabey)....

cant say so much 4 our b-ball team tho....

As always ....Go Rebels

QUOTE(KnoxWest#63 @ Jan 27 2007 - 01:16 AM) 826347790[/snapback]

agreed..knox west doimnates 4 like the next 3 years..and wins 1st in tha division...if maryville really does move up to 5A in 2008..but next year will be everybodys last shot @ maryville..if it is tru that they r moving up..so take it while u can get it...but top 2 bottom i agree with next year..w/ knox west challenging 4 the top spot......(mabey)....

cant say so much 4 our b-ball team tho....

As always ....Go Rebels

"Not so fast KnoxWest#63" as Granny Holtz would say. Murville won't move untill the 09 season, and when they do Fulton and Cathlolic will be there to greet ya.

Now as far as this year goes, nobody stops Murville. They were young LAST year. Forget about Burnette, Douglas, Clendenan, Shiver, skill guys, etc. They are loaded up front. 2-3 SOPHS that started last year along with some JRS that all got plenty of PT.

West has a shot @ # 2. Jake "the snake"Ryan can throw a pretty ball but, he won't have J.R. protecting him. Whaley will probably have to go both ways (better on D anyway), and young guns like Kolinsky will need to step up...and now in order for Easterly to have time to go deep. Don't get me wrong, West will put points on the board but can W. Coley and the rest of the D keep points off. Halls will be vastly improved with another year of Julianship, and don't discount Jamie Wilson & Courtland Styles @ Central. Central and, specifically Wilson could bounce back in a big way next year. IMHO, Wilson was keyed on because of a lack of throwing, Blair got hurt, and then he got hurt. He couldaa, shouldaa, wouldaa been a much better SOPH. Powell, SD, LC, Clinton round it out.

Now as far as dominating after Murville moves on. Well 09 is a long way out. If the feeder program, or lack there of for West/Bearden indicates whats going on. Well it's going, going, gone. The top youth talent "out West" is going to the Sacred Heart aka The Tim Irwin Catholic High School Feeder Program or CBFO. Even the Pilot teams have been hit pretty hard by the Harrison Smith wannabees. Then there is the Baby Falcons. Unless this ship gets righted at AE, then the Baby Roadrunners will continue to be preyed upon by the Baby Falcons. Lastly, Halls and Central benefit from the dip at Powell. So 09 could realistically shake out with a pretty tough top four to six teams (listed alpha) Cathloic, Central, Fulton, Halls, Powell, West. Hey alphabetical or not, that might be pretty close.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:12 PM) 826350688[/snapback]

BINGO ruse? I could not have said it better myself. Also don't forget that Knox West has a pretty good chance of going to 5A ball as well in 09.

Leonard.

That is a good point. I forgot about that. I also think that after this year's Bearden SR class moves on, West will pick up the talent that Catholic, Webb, and CAK does not. Bearden made some noise last year, and will do a bit more this time around. Hallady is a very underrated QB, Sean Cunningham could break out @ RB, Preston Rouse could get some carries, and made a difference last eyar on "D" before he got hurt. They also have some lineman (Shankles, Goodrich, Goultry, and Moore) that have a lot of experience. Thay also have a couple of LBs back in Hammilton & Pemberton. But after this year, it's back on the down slope. West benefits, grows, and perhaps you are right as the 08 alignment puts West in 5A for the 09 season.

QUOTE(southdoylefan @ Jan 27 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826348319[/snapback]

Maryville

west

southdoyle

halls

central

powell

clinton

leniorcity

thats how i see it

thanks for giving Clinton one up on Lenior City. I think the Dragons will improve alittle this year. Some of the guys have grown alot. We can only go up!!!!