Oakland in 07

QUOTE(smyrnajoker0855 @ Jan 30 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826352295[/snapback]

dude those 40s are slow how much do these boys way. smyrna line is very fast and strong.

king-4.72 allen-4.8 rofrano-4.75 eady-5.0 and the new boy dakato runs like a 4.8 so get big oakland

0% chance dakota runs a 4.8. those other 40 times sound a little farfetched also for linemen but i cant comment on them because i dont know those boys

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tdntn @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:13 AM) 826352690[/snapback]

0% chance dakota runs a 4.8. those other 40 times sound a little farfetched also for linemen but i cant comment on them because i dont know those boys

Are they handtimed? That also seems like shaving to me........just like they do heights and weights on the rosters.

QUOTE(SopH1025 @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826352475[/snapback]

are yall taking steroids .......how do yall go from running between 5.6-6.1 all the way down to a 5........thats messed up...............tony b was running a 6.2 before the season started

Don't even joke about Steroids. You of all people should know how the coaches at OHS feel about drugs. ( not insinuating you took them b/f you go all anal.)

You would not believe how m,uch Bowen improved as the season progressed. He bought into the system and it will reap rewards for big Tony.

One has to remember Bowen was out of the program for almost a year and out of shape. He is probably just now hitting full stride and should be in for a good senior season. Wouldn't be surprised to see McAdoo on defense instead of Bowen to keep him fresh for offense though. McAdoo did start against Riverdale last season on defense as a freshman after all.

dude those 40s are slow how much do these boys way. smyrna line is very fast and strong.

king-4.72 allen-4.8 rofrano-4.75 eady-5.0 and the new boy dakato runs like a 4.8 so get big oakland

Win ONE championship and the team takes on mythic perportions!

I'm sorry but I don't believe those times. The 'clone' was one of the fastest offensive lineman to ever hit Rutherford County and he only hit 4.8 in the 40 ONCE (good hard tail wind, and I was yelling at him). While I will grant you Smyrna's O-line is fast. there is NO way that two of them have a sub 4.8 40.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 31 2007 - 06:52 AM) 826352748[/snapback]

Don't even joke about Steroids. You of all people should know how the coaches at OHS feel about drugs. ( not insinuating you took them b/f you go all anal.)

You would not believe how m,uch Bowen improved as the season progressed. He bought into the system and it will reap rewards for big Tony.

i was just joking about the steroids and i know how much tony improved because i was there when he first started improving........he was eating and drinking real healthy and devoted himself to getting better i was proud of big tony........but the 40's i was speaking of werent that far off and i cant believe smyrna's got a whole set of starting lineman faster than me ......i just dont see it........they are probably atheletic but that is what most pro lineman run except for TE and DE

QUOTE(HeadthrowConexion @ Jan 31 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826353634[/snapback]

I heard McGowan left the team today. Is this true?

this would be sad news to hear if he did

Well, I would hate to hear that Mc Gowan left the team. We need him and his experience. He is very talented and a hard hitter. However, I keep hearing about him going to another school in the county and it isn't Riverdale either......if he doesn't want to play for Oakland, then so be it.

I was very impressed with MacAdoo against Riverdale. Not many folk knew he was a freshman. We have a way of taking freshmen linemen and making them into studs for varisty.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826353788[/snapback]

Well, I would hate to hear that Mc Gowan left the team. We need him and his experience. He is very talented and a hard hitter. However, I keep hearing about him going to another school in the county and it isn't Riverdale either......if he doesn't want to play for Oakland, then so be it.

I was very impressed with MacAdoo against Riverdale. Not many folk knew he was a freshman. We have a way of taking freshmen linemen and making them into studs for varisty.

McGowan isn't going to another school. There was just a little argument in the weight room and that was it. I am not goin to go in depth about it, and yes Elrod,Barret, and Bowen are about that fast. It was hand-timed but by two different people, one being Coach Cowan who has done it countless times. There was a strong tailwind that day too.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826353868[/snapback]

Good to hear about Lil Mc. I was trying to be brave, but that thought REALLY UPSET me. His parents are good folk and they are great supporters of Oakland. All I can say is WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Didn't Coach Cowan coach track at one time? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

I am almost positive he did regardless he has timed 40's for a long time.

To illustrate a point, the following is the 40 speed of the Top Defensive Ends and Offensive Tackles in the first two rounds of the 2006 Draft. Offensive Guards and Centers as well as Defensive Tackles are quiet a bit slower. These are men tested at the peak condition of their game and position to become NFL Players.

Top Defensive Ends in 2006 NFL first two rounds selection with official 40 Speed.

• Mario Williams, NC State,4.73, (Picked 1st by Texans)

• Tamba Hali, Penn State, 4.70, (Picked 20th by Chiefs)

• Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College, 4.73 (Picked 32nd by Giants)

• Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech, 4.92, (Picked 63rd by Seahawks)

Top Offensive Tackles in 2006 NFL first two rounds selection with official 40 Speed.

• D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia Tech, 4.95 (Picked 4th by Jets)

• Justin Winston, Southern Cal, 5.15 (Picked 39th by Eagles

• Daryn Colledge, Boise State, 5.12, (Picked 47th by Packers)

• Eric Winston, Miami (Fla.), 5.04 (Picked 66th by Texans)

• Marcus McNeill, Auburn, 5.08 (Picked 50th by Chargers, All Pro)

• Andrew Whitworth, Louisiana State, 5.16 (Picked 55th by Bengals)

• Jeremy Trueblood, Boston College, 5.31 (Picked 59th by Buc’s)

To bad for the Smyrna boys that they can’t skip the rest of high school and college to enter the NFL draft with their blazing lineman speed.