Oakland in 07

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Mar 30 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826426608[/snapback]Well that takes care of the top two inches of its elevation, now how much ROCK y'all gotta move? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

One thing this county is rich in is ROCK!

When the Engineers for Daniels Construction first got to the Nissan site he had the 'soil analysis' report in his hand. The report by some high priced firm in Atlanta said the site was 90% dirt and 10% rock, so they only allotted $100,000 for blasting. The Daniels engineer took one look at all the cedar trees there and threw the report in the air. Last I heard when I left the site is Daniels had already spent close to 3 MILLION on blasting and still had a years work left. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well luckily for us, there is enough clean dirt for us to crown the new practice field after we get everything done. Supposedly the soccer field will slide down to the freshmen field and the freshmen will practice where the linemen formerly practiced and the actually practice field will go to the road.

And yes I know about that Tennessee rock, I ran in to it several times when doing some fencing. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since I really haven't seen it in action, I will try to describe it. Bacillum can correct me if I stray from the mark too much.

Boot Camp is sort of like the army kind of rigorous training which is very physically and mentally demanding . They go through a series of drills to promote togetherness and team. There is a quote for the day, an opponent of the day, and geez....something else that I forgot. They are divided into like 3 teams who work togethe to try to win for the dayr. At any time during the drills ( such as obstacle course , etc,) a coach can ask what the phrase of the day is to the team or an individual and everyone or the one person must be able to say it or they have to start over on all the drills. Seems like they get points all the way through it. It is really tough stuff.....Bacillum can let you know if I completely botched that or not.

I hear the quotes are VERY long and difficult to remember too. I think the obstacle course if the worst drill....at least that was what I was told from last yr.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 30 2007 - 08:29 PM) 826426824[/snapback]Well since I really haven't seen it in action, I will try to describe it. Bacillum can correct me if I stray from the mark too much.

Boot Camp is sort of like the army kind of rigorous training which is very physically and mentally demanding . They go through a series of drills to promote togetherness and team. There is a quote for the day, an opponent of the day, and geez....something else that I forgot. They are divided into like 3 teams who work togethe to try to win for the dayr. At any time during the drills ( such as obstacle course , etc,) a coach can ask what the phrase of the day is to the team or an individual and everyone or the one person must be able to say it or they have to start over on all the drills. Seems like they get points all the way through it. It is really tough stuff.....Bacillum can let you know if I completely botched that or not.

I hear the quotes are VERY long and difficult to remember too. I think the obstacle course if the worst drill....at least that was what I was told from last yr.

You hit pretty much square on the head. There are three stations and one running period representing the four quarters of a game. If you mess up on the quote, opponent, or word your group or team (depending on the setting) does push ups. All answers must be in the correct format and you must be disciplined while standing at attention or at ease. So far we have gone out in shorts and sweat tops every day to increase the mental fortitude needed to keep your team off the ground. I believe the idea came from Coach Goolsby who was in the National Guard or something.