Oakland in 07

Very good to hear. Our young boys needed the confidence . MJ will be an amazing test for us. In case folk forgot, the HC has a ring. I don't care how young they are or how small. The key thing is that their DC knows how to defense the wingt like the back of his hand. They will be disciplined and they will be in condition. Obviously PC wasn't. We need to be able to learn how to adjust and keep our composure when we get stopped. I also am anxious to see what kind of passing game we have too. It is a fantastic test for our D as we will face at least three teams on our schedule that run the wingt. We all know scrimmages are about learning, finding the best player for the position, testing combinations, seeing how players react under pressure, and testing your depth. I implore any player that is looking for some playing time to follow your coach's every step on the sidelines and beg to get put in. Scrimmages are your chance to step up and shine.

i cant say a lot about MJ since they beat us last year but i was just saying they werent the cream of the crop but they are a smart and well coached team something i left out last time

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well........just got back from Oakland's scrimmage. Surprise company at home when I got back so don't have time to divulge too much tonight about it. I was correct that MJ has a good team and is well-coached and disciplined. They were a spirited group and aggressive. It was obvious that they have the wingt down pat. You could tell that from their lack of fumbles. They did a good job mixing it up with pass and run. They should have a very good season by all indications that I saw tionight and I wish them well. I met some really nice folk from there tonight.

I needed a roster tonight to get my names straight for us. I liked what I saw . This team appears to be very close and together. That is something we have needed for awhile now. UNITY!! You could see the kids on the sidelines cheering and trying to keep the sideline spirited. I liked that very much. I also liked the enthusiasm from the staff. They yelled when they needed to and they got fired up too!! We have got to work on the fumbles. I know with the wingt you are more susceptible to fumbling, and we are still implementing and experimenting but we are putting the D in a hole again like last yr and we just cannot do that.. I REALLY liked #14. I was very upset when he was hit while trying to get a punt off. There was no cause for that whatsoever and I hope OHS was being cautious by not returning him to the field and not that he was hurt. I could see a big difference when he was behind center. We moved the ball and connected with some passes and was pleased when #3 caught the great pass for the TD. I was very impressed when #42 ran the ball. He was hard-nosed. I think it was Nelson ,who was #40 last yr. Someone help me out.......he also was playing DE. Very good athlete who has seemed to be playing on a different level this yr than last yr. Messick....I swear the pick he made was in bounds. Dang it....but the kid can lay on the wood on D. I also liked #9, Amey......what a specimen. #5.....who was he? He made me take notice too. A few questions on D ....but looks like we have come up with some kids who like to bring it. Some bright moments on O too. Overall for the 3rd day in pads.....I liked what I saw and I think we will be competitive and will continue to improve. Peetie also looked very confident and quick.

We have lots to work on, but they were a lot farther along than I thought they ever would be.

It was nice to see some of the old-timers there supporting their teammates too. I am going to really miss Big Mc and the BULLDOZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

More after company leaves.......GRRRRRR

Well........just got back from Oakland's scrimmage. Surprise company at home when I got back so don't have time to divulge too much tonight about it. I was correct that MJ has a good team and is well-coached and disciplined. They were a spirited group and aggressive. It was obvious that they have the wingt down pat. You could tell that from their lack of fumbles. They did a good job mixing it up with pass and run. They should have a very good season by all indications that I saw tionight and I wish them well. I met some really nice folk from there tonight.

I needed a roster tonight to get my names straight for us. I liked what I saw . This team appears to be very close and together. That is something we have needed for awhile now. UNITY!! You could see the kids on the sidelines cheering and trying to keep the sideline spirited. I liked that very much. I also liked the enthusiasm from the staff. They yelled when they needed to and they got fired up too!! We have got to work on the fumbles. I know with the wingt you are more susceptible to fumbling, and we are still implementing and experimenting but we are putting the D in a hole again like last yr and we just cannot do that.. I REALLY liked #14. I was very upset when he was hit while trying to get a punt off. There was no cause for that whatsoever and I hope OHS was being cautious by not returning him to the field and not that he was hurt. I could see a big difference when he was behind center. We moved the ball and connected with some passes and was pleased when #3 caught the great pass for the TD. I was very impressed when #42 ran the ball. He was hard-nosed. I think it was Nelson ,who was #40 last yr. Someone help me out.......he also was playing DE. Very good athlete who has seemed to be playing on a different level this yr than last yr. Messick....I swear the pick he made was in bounds. Dang it....but the kid can lay on the wood on D. I also liked #9, Amey......what a specimen. #5.....who was he? He made me take notice too. A few questions on D ....but looks like we have come up with some kids who like to bring it. Some bright moments on O too. Overall for the 3rd day in pads.....I liked what I saw and I think we will be competitive and will continue to improve. Peetie also looked very confident and quick.

We have lots to work on, but they were a lot farther along than I thought they ever would be.

It was nice to see some of the old-timers there supporting their teammates too. I am going to really miss Big Mc and the BULLDOZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

More after company leaves.......GRRRRRR

I liked what I saw in bits and pieces, particually when Schaller was in there, the offense ran pretty smoothly, it is shame he had to come out so quickly into the scrimmage due to the late hit on the punt. Quincy really seemed to struggle with the pitch, but looked like he got better as the scrimmage went on, so hopefully he will continue to improve as time goes on.

I felt really good after seeing the defense tonight. We lost so many 3 year starters on that team that to be honest it was more of a question mark in my eyes than anything else, but they held together very well, good job guys.

btw 2p here is a rundown on the numbers you listed:#14= Schaller#5= BJ Nelson#42= Richard Nelson#3= Trevor Guydon

The ones that I was impressed with the Most are Richard Nelson and Schaller. Schaller has really seem to come into his own as the starter in such short a time in being able to learn the offense. I dont ever remember Nelson running the ball last year, but he sure looked good doing, we have a very deep stable of backs, this just reinforces my belief that this new offense is tailored to Oakland's strength, which is running the football.

After sleeping on it last night, I think the thing that stuck out to me the most is the hunger and focus that was on display. They may not talk about last year, but when you get so close to the playoffs, only to be denied, it sticks with you, for good or bad. On paper, it should indicate that Oakland may have a tough time improving over last year, but after what I saw last night, I am cautiously optimistic that Oakland will improve upon what they did last season and finally get over that hump and start a new era in Oakland Football

Thanks for the assurance about #14. Also thanks OP for the hook-up with the numbers of the players I was asking about.

Just a quick note about #44......Micheal McGowan. I think he has really matured since last yr. He seemed very confident on the field and looked like he was being a great leader. He made several key tackles and looks like he is quicker than last yr. I believe he has worked extremely hard in off season and I am very proud of him, as I am sure his coaches and teammates are as well.

The thing that I noticed the most last night was that it was WE and Not ME............when you get that part down, success follows.

The article in the paper was a good one today. I think Adam Elrod's quotes exactly capture the togtherness of this TEAM this yr. Every team needs a player like Elrod.

#5 was chanz boyd if im not mistaken but overall i thought that schaller was the best qb out of the three that played last night but the o-line had some issues at times and outside of bowen and elrod they seem a little week but the d will be strong as they normally are but the o is going to have get it together if they are going to compete with riverdale first game of the season since they know how to defend and run the wing-t to and they are a lot better than MJ who has improved from last year

#5 was chanz boyd if im not mistaken but overall i thought that schaller was the best qb out of the three that played last night but the o-line had some issues at times and outside of bowen and elrod they seem a little week but the d will be strong as they normally are but the o is going to have get it together if they are going to compete with riverdale first game of the season since they know how to defend and run the wing-t to and they are a lot better than MJ who has improved from last year

Chanz Boyd is no longer with the team from what I have been told. I think its the left side that we have issue with, I think we are pretty strong on the right side. Yes this team needs to be ready for Riverdale, but more importantly, it needs to ready for the other 9 games as well, for that will detemine whether or not Oakland will be playing in November.

Chanz Boyd is no longer with the team from what I have been told. I think its the left side that we have issue with, I think we are pretty strong on the right side. Yes this team needs to be ready for Riverdale, but more importantly, it needs to ready for the other 9 games as well, for that will detemine whether or not Oakland will be playing in November.

well thanks for the update on chanz even though its unfortunate but true like in the paper the games between siegel and blackman could ultimately decide all