Region 4-5A

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:19 AM) 826415998[/snapback]I like oaklands defense

Actually i do to. I just think the scheme can be taken advantage of a little more than it used to. The 50 is an old school defense. As far as Oakland they run it as well as anyone and are very aggresive.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826415367[/snapback]The 50 has served us well and seems to be our bread and butter. I would also be shocked if it was changed by Coach Moose. All good D's make adjustments and tweaks against different O's. That D kept us within 6 of Smyrna last yr who was and is predominantly a passing team. If Rick Collins belived in the 50 at Riverdale and did so well with it with his renowned Defenses.........I say stick with what you know.

if my memory serves me correctly, Riverdale ran both a 50 and 40 front on their defense. Anytime somone went spread, they were in a 40 package. Someone lines up in a heavier set (more tight ends, etc.) they got into their 50 front. Their coaches did a great job of figuring out the opposing teams personell changes.

the 50 is an e-z defense 2 teach & 2 learn.

oakland has had 2 take freshmen linemen & move them 2 varsity more than once.

they have had 2 start sophs 2.

freshmen r timid anyway & u throw them on a 5a line 2 face the likes of riverdale , brentwood academy, frankin?

u need a simple d that will help their confidence rite away & make them productive.

the 50 doesnt require great size either.

coach moose makes it as simple as possible.

he breaks things down so even a 7th grader could succeed .

that way u dont have 2 think & u just react as an instinct.

confidence is important in footall & evry-1 knows moose believes in the 50 .

bend dont break is the best philosophy .

QUOTE(olandpats @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826417437[/snapback]the 50 is an e-z defense 2 teach & 2 learn.

oakland has had 2 take freshmen linemen & move them 2 varsity more than once.

they have had 2 start sophs 2.

freshmen r timid anyway & u throw them on a 5a line 2 face the likes of riverdale , brentwood academy, frankin?

u need a simple d that will help their confidence rite away & make them productive.

the 50 doesnt require great size either.

coach moose makes it as simple as possible.

he breaks things down so even a 7th grader could succeed .

that way u dont have 2 think & u just react as an instinct.

confidence is important in footall & evry-1 knows moose believes in the 50 .

bend dont break is the best philosophy .

I just believe it is easier to be multiple out of a 4-2, A 50 does not shift well to a 40 without putting yourself in a personell disadvantage. Spread teams put you asking an end to be a SS this takes you out of man coverage for the most part. The 4-2 adjusts easy versus most sets. This is my opinion. Oakland has run their 50 pretty effectively so like i said if it aint broke dont fix it. BubbaC you sound like a very intelligent young defensive mind. Just keep working and one day you will have some hardware on your finger. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

bubbac has hardware already.

believe he coaches 4 smyrna

ohs played them w/i 6 with a chance 2 score in the final secs with an overthrown pass 2 a wide open rec fast enough 2 score a td

in fact they underthrew a wide open td and overthrew 1 in the last secs 2 the same rec, blissard

smyrna's d was suspect lettin ohs run the same play

oakland's d scored a td in just about evry single game last yr off of forced turnovers

their d played evry game well enough 2 win it

they was doin sumthin rite

mcgowan converted very well 2 a ss

oakland's weakness is their o

since carlos crawford graduated, we havent had as an effective rb who can also catch

we need a scramblin qb with a decent arm

where do u coach mccowboy?

QUOTE(olandpats @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826417513[/snapback]bubbac has hardware already.

ohs played them w/i 6 with a chance 2 score in the final secs with an overthrown pass 2 a wide open rec fast enough 2 score a td

in fact they underthrew a wide open td and overthrew 1 in the last secs 2 the same rec, blissard

oakland's d scored a td in just about evry single game last yr off of forced turnovers

since carlos crawford graduated, we havent had as an effective rb who can also catch

Not singling out Oakland just a diffrence in philosophy. Oaklands D is their strength and they are extremely aggressive.

#1 Riverdale, look for them to make 1 last stand and play in-region like mad men

# 2 Smyrna will be 8-2 or 9-1 goin into the playoffs

#3 Lebanon will be head busters this year

#4 Oakland will make the playoffs and get a taste. I know I said it last year and they were ole so close.

Lavernge will miss the playoffs this year. I do think they hired a good HC coach though

Blackman may improve a little with the departure of everyones #1

WC will improve at least a few games with the staff revamp

Siegel will be Siegel at least for the coming year

QUOTE(olandpats @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826417513[/snapback]bubbac has hardware already.

agreed!!!! hope the senior leaders can fire up that o-line!!!!!

I have heard some positives from work outs!!! the team is coming together and leaders are emerging!!!! they are stepping up as teammates in little ways to help each other out. can't wait for spring practice to start!!!!!!!!

Siegel

smyrna

lebunone

luverne

roverdale

oakland

blackman

wilson

Siegel beats smyrna in week one and goes on a tear in the region and may go all the way. lebunone and luverne r on the rise. roverdale is done. oakland has been done. the other two who cares.

luverne mat finish 2d or 3rd

QUOTE(Hismom22 @ Mar 24 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826421631[/snapback]Siegel

smyrna

lebunone

luverne

roverdale

oakland

blackman

wilson

Siegel beats smyrna in week one and goes on a tear in the region and may go all the way. lebunone and luverne r on the rise. roverdale is done. oakland has been done. the other two who cares.

Oh look who has crawled out from under their rock. Winter hibernation over?

They must have been sleeping as they evidently have learned NOTHING about football over the winter. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Hismom22 @ Mar 24 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826421631[/snapback]Siegel

smyrna

lebunone

luverne

roverdale

oakland

blackman

wilson

is this a joke?? Somebody please tell em its a joke!!!!!