Wild one with Gibson County - Peabody. What happened?

ontheverge

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ontheverge @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:44 PM) 826357654[/snapback]

what happened and who won?

I heard there was 3 technicals...one on a player from each team and one on Coach Harshaw from GC...what I heard that cause all this was a GC player tripped and fell on another player and the boy from Trenton got up acted as if he wanted to fight and gave the players T's and then Coach Harshaw got mad and went off on the ref and the ref went back off on him and gave him a T...heard that there was ALOT of fouls...nothin better than a little action in a Trenton/GC rival...and Peabody won by nearly 10

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:48 AM) 826357716[/snapback]

I heard there was 3 technicals...one on a player from each team and one on Coach Harshaw from GC...what I heard that cause all this was a GC player tripped and fell on another player and the boy from Trenton got up acted as if he wanted to fight and gave the players T's and then Coach Harshaw got mad and went off on the ref and the ref went back off on him and gave him a T...heard that there was ALOT of fouls...nothin better than a little action in a Trenton/GC rival...and Peabody won by nearly 10

Wow, I hate I missed that one. Coach Harshaw with a technical? Surely not! Who were the guys who received technicals?

QUOTE(westtn_basketball @ Feb 4 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826357799[/snapback]

Wow, I hate I missed that one. Coach Harshaw with a technical? Surely not! Who were the guys who received technicals?

Well this guy that posted here last said 2 players from GC gotta technical..I only know of 1 and that was Josh Reeves...and I heard that it was just that he tripped and fell on the guy and the guy from Trenton got up and wanted to fight...so go from there....

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 4 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826358092[/snapback]

Well this guy that posted here last said 2 players from GC gotta technical..I only know of 1 and that was Josh Reeves...and I heard that it was just that he tripped and fell on the guy and the guy from Trenton got up and wanted to fight...so go from there....

Ok, I can draw my conclusion from that. Josh doesn't have a friendly history with Peabody guys, so that makes sense. lol

QUOTE(westtn_basketball @ Feb 4 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826358243[/snapback]

Ok, I can draw my conclusion from that. Josh doesn't have a friendly history with Peabody guys, so that makes sense. lol

I just got off the phone with a player from GC and was told all technicals were on GC...4 total including a flagrant foul...and the foul ratio was somethin like 33:8 or something like that lol...never knew GC was known for so many fouls and technicals in a game...wonder if TSSAA will look into the referees that ref this and ask them what the problem was

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826358318[/snapback]

I just got off the phone with a player from GC and was told all technicals were on GC...4 total including a flagrant foul...and the foul ratio was somethin like 33:8 or something like that lol...never knew GC was known for so many fouls and technicals in a game...wonder if TSSAA will look into the referees that ref this and ask them what the problem was

Will looking into officials actions make the T$$AAany money ? The the answer is NO, NN & NO

33 to 8... That's a little extreme, but no, TSSAA definitely won't look into it. It sounds ridiculous, but it could've been legit. There was a large foul margin in one of the Lake Co. Bradford games this year, but in my opinion, the game was called correctly for the most part.

I have a child who attends GC and I was at the game.

#40, #34 and coach of GC had the only 3 techs. Both teams were in double bonus first half so Peabody had more than 8 fouls - over 10 in first half. Most of GC fouls were at the end after Peabody got up by 15 or so and GC fouled to get back in it. Both teams competed hard - #40 foul was no accident nor did he trip and fall on the Peabody player. The kid he tackled got up and never said a word. Another member of Peabody team ran over to the kid who was tackled to make sure he didn't react. No flagrant fouls were called. After the play 40 got up mouthing and was T'd. Coach got one soon after and #34 got one for mouthing after an over the back call.

GC missed Donald but Peabody had 2 or 3 starters out as well. Overall it was an entertaining game.