Dobyns-Bennett Indians

rolltriberoll

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rolltriberoll @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826361650[/snapback]

Nice win by The Tribe last night at the Topper Palace. Been a long time coming.

Congrats to the team and Coach Morgan.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

ROLL TRIBE

I very much enjoyed seeing them whip the Toppers. 1st time I've ever been to their palace. I really just felt this win coming and wanted to be there to see it. Congratulations to the team and coaches . DB has the best balanced team, and I mean TEAM, in a long while. Winning region is truly an option now - if they continue to play like they did last nite in qtrs 1-3. I just hate to see them die at the hands of one of those big west TN teams.

QUOTE(HShoopsfan @ Feb 7 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826362138[/snapback]

Omar Wattad conference MVP?? PSSSH I think the MVP should clearly be Coty Sensabaugh... wonderful and very talented athlete with an EXCELLENT attitude. This guy truely shines on the court. Great win last night! What, DB was up by 20 almost the entire game?

Coty played like a man on a mission AND one with a load off of his shoulders. Knowing where he is going next fall and the fact he has a full ride to an ACC school (Clemson) had to be a big relief. I'm sure Coach Morgan wanted that behind him so he can focus on the rest of the season.

While I think Coty should get it, he probably won't simply because he missed half of the year. He is CLEARLY a better all-around player than Omar, however he is not 6'5". That is the only difference. Coty is quicker, faster, better ball-handler, just as good of a shooter, and plays better defense. However, he is not 6'5" and basketball is his 2nd sport, unlike Omar. I would love to see it go to Sensabaugh.

Anyone that wants to argue with ANY of my points, you obviously did not see the 2 games DB played Science Hill this year and watched Coty's game. Also, you must not have watched the growing this team has done since Coty's first game back. He clearly was the missing piece from his team and now that he is back, I think the region will go to DB.

Big win for the Tribe!!! It sounds like Blackwell was the “Ace in the hole”. It's hard for me to admit , but there should be no dispute of who the best team in the Big 9 (and maybe the region...we will see) and that’s not an opinion, it’s a fact…the poof is now on paper.

I must also give Coty his props…congratulations!!! This has been a big year for recruits out of this area…biggest that I can remember. One more thing….. hey Coty...can I get tickets???!

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:25 PM) 826362327[/snapback]

Big win for the Tribe!!! It sounds like Blackwell was the “Ace in the hole”. It's hard for me to admit , but there should be no dispute of who the best team in the Big 9 (and maybe the region...we will see) and that’s not an opinion, it’s a fact…the poof is now on paper.

I must also give Coty his props…congratulations!!! This has been a big year for recruits out of this area…biggest that I can remember. One more thing….. hey Coty...can I get tickets???!

Anything can happen though when the 2nd season begins. I would be surprised if a District 1 team was not crowned Region champ...maybe even 1-2

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:52 PM) 826362374[/snapback]

Anything can happen though when the 2nd season begins. I would be surprised if a District 1 team was not crowned Region champ...maybe even 1-2

It will be DB, Science Hill, and Greeneville in that order. DB has the deepest team with the most quality players.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:25 PM) 826362327[/snapback]

Cap,

I respect you giving DB kudos for beating SH. I fell that they have had to earn everyone's respect after the rocky start, but the team everyone expected to see in November has come together at the right time when it matters most.

Congradulations to Coty on the scholarship. I didn't realize that he had been offered, but I will look forward to cheering for the Tigers.

great game tuesday night by the tribe! very impressive win and excellent team work for the indians. i'm so impressed with coty's attitude and overall basketball talent. he is a highschool basketball and even football star, that's for sure. he's got my vote for MVP he is playing ball for clemson?