District 11-AA

HHSnumber1fan

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Apr 8 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826432367[/snapback]What is up with all the cancellations due to cold weather? This is the first year I have heard so many teams doing this. What has happened to going out and playing the game? I remember one year it was in the 30s by the time our game started at 6:30, and the opposing pitcher was on the mound throwing in the low 90s. Needless to say we got no hit that night, but we still played. When these boys get to college and start playing in February they don't cancel the games because of cold weather, so let them play. Ok I will get off my soapbox now.

the coaches probably didnt want to risk anyone injuring their arms. plus it was a non district game and district games are scheduled for mon. and tues.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 4 2007 - 08:23 PM) 826430184[/snapback]District 11AA Standings

1.) Harpeth (7-0) beat Waverly Central; Cheatham Co. (x2); Montgomery Central (x2); & Creek Wood (x2)

1.) Sycamore (7-0) beat Cheatham Co.; Waverly Central (x2); Stewart Co. (x2); Fairview (x2)

3.) Montgomery Central (4-3) beat Cheatham Co.; Stewart Co.; & Creek Wood (x2); lost to Cheatham Co.; Harpeth (x2)

4.) Creek Wood (3-4) beat Cheatham Co. (x2) & Fairview; lost to Mont. Cent. (x2) & Harpeth (x2)

5.) Fairview (2-5) beat Stewart Co. & Waverly Central; lost to Stewart Co.; Waverly; Creek Wood; & Sycamore (x2)

5.) Stewart Co. (2-5) beat Fairview & Waverly Central; lost to Fairview; Waverly Central; Montgomery Central; & Sycamore (x2)

5.) Waverly Central (2-5) beat Fairview & Stewart Co.; lost to Fairview; Stewart Co.; Harpeth; & Sycamore (x2)

8.) Cheatham Co. (1-6) beat Montgomery Central; lost to Montgomery Central; Sycamore; Harpeth (x2); & Creek Wood (x2)

REMAINING DISTRICT 11AA SCHEDULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday 4/9 & Tuesday 4/10

Sycamore vs Montgomery Central; Cheatham Co. vs Fairview; Waverly Central vs Creek Wood; Stewart Co. vs Harpeth

Thursday 4/12

Creek Wood vs Fairview; Montgomery Central vs Stewart Co.; Sycamore vs Cheatham Co.

Monday 4/16 & Tuesday 4/17

Fairview vs Montgomery Central; Waverly Central vs Cheatham Co.; Harpeth vs Sycamore; Creek Wood vs Stewart Co.

Monday 4/23 & Tuesday 4/24

Stewart Co. vs Cheatham Co.; Creek Wood vs Sycamore; Fairview vs Harpeth; Montgomery Central vs Waverly Central

Thursday 4/26

Harpeth vs Waverly Central

I just wanted to re-post a copy of the current district standings in the remaining schedule for the remainder of the regular season.

QUOTE(putboobieincoach @ Apr 8 2007 - 03:27 PM) 826432417[/snapback]the coaches probably didnt want to risk anyone injuring their arms. plus it was a non district game and district games are scheduled for mon. and tues.

I agree Boobie. Harpeth and Creekwood have played a lot of games already. Harpeth's schedule was crappy to start with. They need to cancel some games late in the season where they were originally supposed to play 8 days in a row or something crazy like that before district tournaments. You need to be setting up your pitching rotation that time of year and saving as many arms as you can.

not to beat a dead horse, but all we heard about this year was how the coaches at cheatham county were trying to instill discipline into the program and they ran off the coach for it. chaetham was already with out a player who was ejected friday from a game, and now they will be without their catcher as he was called out on strikes in the 7th innning and threw his bat and was promptly ejected.

that is not going to help their cause to earn a spilt today with fairview. cheatham pitched Huckaby and lost so it will be interesting to see how they do today.