13 AA District

GHvolrebel

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GH...you are correct, 13AA has to be the TOUGHEST district in the state. Very interesting first round games, Dyersburg/Gibson Co, OC/Dyer Co., Westview/Crockett Co., with Milan waiting on the D'burg/GC winner, and a possible OC/Westview matchup, it will be very entertaining. And I still say that an "upset" in the first round is not out of the question. It all starts Monday at Westview, look for large crowds and great games.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed anything can happen here.

CC may defeat MW esp. if C Thomas is not able to go.

GC vs Db is a toss up.

OC should defeat DC

GC/Db winner vs Mil will be tight no matter who makes it.

And should OC & Mil play, should be a great game with both being relived to get there, but will want that easier ride to the region finals, not having to play NS until the finals , although either one can defeat NS as easy as NS can defeat them.

The winner of 13AA should be a favorite to get to the substate.

QUOTE(sls @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826366259[/snapback]

GC vs Db is a toss up.

OC should defeat DC

And should OC & Mil play, should be a great game with both being relived to get there, but will want that easier ride to the region finals, not having to play NS until the finals , although either one can defeat NS as easy as NS can defeat them.

I am not familiar with the Westview players by names that much. Which one is C. THomas and what is wrong with her. Is that why Dyer Co beat Westview the other night?

She is a key player for MW . She is a tough defender, aggressive rebounder and guessing the 3rd leading scorer. She has had an knee injury that req'd. sugery in the past. She wears a heavy knee brace. She re-injured or injured one of her knees in the Milan game and did not play vs DC. Do not know if she will participate next week or not. Maybe NSHD can ket us know, maybe a game time decision.

QUOTE(sls @ Feb 10 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826366300[/snapback]

She is a key player for MW . She is a tough defender, aggressive rebounder and guessing the 3rd leading scorer. She has had an knee injury that req'd. sugery in the past. She wears a heavy knee brace. She re-injured or injured one of her knees in the Milan game and did not play vs DC. Do not know if she will participate next week or not. Maybe NSHD can ket us know, maybe a game time decision.

Did her injury and being out of the game lead to the upset by Dyer Co? Does that suggest their bench is not that deep?

QUOTE(sls @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826366259[/snapback]

GC vs Db is a toss up.

OC should defeat DC

sls...that is so true, the only thing we know for sure is ANYTHING can happen next week. Crockett played well against us at their place last week, and if C Thomas can't go that does change things for the 'view, it could be very close. D'burg/GC, agreed, a close one. I think OC will get Dyer Co, but this too could be closer than alot of people think. Milan is sitting pretty right now, but will have to play well in the semis, whichever team they face. And yes you want to stay opposite Jax NS in the region if you can, because they are MUCH better than the other three in that district. It will be INTERESTING. And as for District 13AA, before the tournament starts, I would say to all the teams, THANKS for an exciting season. This is a VERY GOOD group of teams, and we have been fortunate to watch a great season of basketball. Having said that, I still say two from 13AA will likely be in the 'boro, question is "WHICH TWO????????"

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed Vo Rebs 13AA is the most exciting BB night in and night out. I also now believe with Uppermans recent down falls, internal issues, etc. the last 2 teams standing in this region will meet again in the finals MTSU. I had it narrowed IMO to 5 teams, now I have it to 3 Mil, OC & NS, one of these will win the gold ball, the other the silver, and if it was possible the other would get the bronze. And I feel the winner of the 13AA tournament will be one of them.

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(sls @ Feb 10 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826366300[/snapback]

It is my understanding that Thomas will play, but she will not be close to 100%, so it will be game to game as to how effective she can be. The Crockett County game will take a extra effort for Westview to pull off. However, every time this year that the View has been written off, they have bounced back.

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Feb 12 2007 - 07:41 AM) 826368300[/snapback]

The semfinals of this district on Thursday night will be packed with so much talent, you'd think you are watching the quarterfinal round at the State Tournament

Put these teams on opposite ends of the state and you could have all of them at the BORO in March

The rumor today is that the Poston girl from Milan is hurt. Does anyone have any details on if she will get to play ?