District 7-AAA

rhs1234

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(4-6-3 @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826426300[/snapback]Spring Hill 0 2 1

Riverdale 10 9 1

Chase Johnson hit his 3rd walkoff HR and it was his 4th HR of the year.

Anybody know the record for walkoff HR's in one year?

oops i thought it was 5...sorry...my son asked me to search it but i couldnt find anything like that i doubt that a record like that is kept for HS baseball but i could be wrong

QUOTE(4-6-3 @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826426300[/snapback]Spring Hill 0 2 1

Riverdale 10 9 1

Chase Johnson hit his 3rd walkoff HR and it was his 4th HR of the year.

Anybody know the record for walkoff HR's in one year?

I don't think a walk off HR to run rule a team is as important

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826426307[/snapback]I don't think a walk off HR to run rule a team is as important

a few years back when Riverdale had a 9 run lead over Oakland at the Reservation in the bottom of the fifth only

two have Oakland come back to almost win it a walk-home run would have been pretty important - LOL!!!!

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826426344[/snapback]a few years back when Riverdale had a 9 run lead over Oakland at the Reservation in the bottom of the fifth only

two have Oakland come back to almost win it a walk-home run would have been pretty important - LOL!!!!

David...didnt we get those 9 runs in the first inning or was it the first 2 innings..then we had a runner in scoring position in the 5th but didnt get it across and then oakland chipped away and we held on to win 9-8?

WOW WHAT A GAME TONIGHT AT RIVERDALE....Farragut came out swinging the bats in the first inning got 3 runs with hit after hit...and that was it after that they threatened many times but we made some really nice defensive plays espcially in the 6th inning they had bases loaded with 0 outs and we did not give up a run(might have been 1 out but i think it was 0)Crunk hit a 2 run shot to right center the other 2 runs were just well executed baseball by our batters with a runner on third the first was done by corey crunk the second was Ben JOnes going the other way to get the run in from 3rd a very productive out by both guys its the little things like that that iwns ball games guys..also it was a former Murfreesboro boy pitching for Farragut and he did a really good job tonight he has a lot of movement and he is not going to walk you good job Jordon...

WAY TO GO WARRIORS

Very proud of the Oakland Patriots as they advanced to the semifinals of the Warrior Classic with a 7-1 win over a solid Lincoln County team and a 6-2 win over the defending state champion Farragut. Oakland's pitching and defense was the key as they relied on underclassmen hurlers to get them the wins today and perhaps most impressive was Cheshire Rigler coming in relief on both games and doing his job in getting Oakland across the finish line. Everybody knows Oakland can score but the difference in this season and seasons past has been Oakland's ability to do the little things and make every situation count, where they were money with RISP.

I think this Oakland team has the ability to do some damage in the postseason if they can keep this up, but also they have to stay consistent. Winning the Warrior Classic would be nice, but just seeing the young guys step up tonight gives me hope not only for this season, but for the future

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Mar 31 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826427346[/snapback]Very proud of the Oakland Patriots as they advanced to the semifinals of the Warrior Classic with a 7-1 win over a solid Lincoln County team and a 6-2 win over the defending state champion Farragut. Oakland's pitching and defense was the key as they relied on underclassmen hurlers to get them the wins today and perhaps most impressive was Cheshire Rigler coming in relief on both games and doing his job in getting Oakland across the finish line. Everybody knows Oakland can score but the difference in this season and seasons past has been Oakland's ability to do the little things and make every situation count, where they were money with RISP.

I think this Oakland team has the ability to do some damage in the postseason if they can keep this up, but also they have to stay consistent. Winning the Warrior Classic would be nice, but just seeing the young guys step up tonight gives me hope not only for this season, but for the future

Oakland will walk Hunter and Skinner and look for double plays. April 10.

QUOTE(confounded @ Apr 2 2007 - 08:51 PM) 826428549[/snapback]Oakland will walk Hunter and Skinner and look for double plays. April 10.

Maybe Oakland does, who knows, but what is Riverdale going to do about Polk, Burnett, Dodd, Fann and Barnes? You cant walk them all, well you could but the results wouldnt exactly be pretty. Im looking forward to that series but Oakland still has 5 games to go until they get to that point so it is still a little ways off