District 7-AAA

rhs1234

QUOTE(GoldGloveInLF @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826383799[/snapback]1. Riverdale

2. Oakland

Riverdale - They have good pitching. Austin Hurt will hit any spot anytime. Though he does nto throw the ball too hard hitting a pitch on the black of the plate is tough enough as it is. Jordan Henderson and Brian Davis are the 2 powering arms. Both hitting mid 80's and Henderson being able to hit the 87 mark every once in a while. Batting wise they are not as powering as last year but have all 9 slots filled with base hitters. Hunter and Skinner bring power to the plate along with Chase Johnson and Brett Lanning coming behind them. But at the same time look out for those base hits.

Oakland - They have great pitching, Marcus Barnes at the top of the list. He has a great arm and control, look for him to be one of the top pitchers in the state. Behind him are Brenden Stender who has throw the ball well and Tyler Burnett who has a little velocity on him. If these pitchers can throw the ball where needed, they will be very tough to beat this season. Batting wise Oakland is one of the best hitting teams having all 9 slots filled nicely. Having back Burnett, Polk, Fann, and Dodd all coming back off of a strong year last year, look for them to put up some runs. They have power hitters that can also get the job done getting clutch base hits when needed. Looks for Oakland to be a tough team to beat.

Very good assessment of both teams...it's about time someone posts a non bias opinion unlike most of the blackman and siegel posters. Also don't forget about Brett Wilson for Oakland either look for him to be the full time #2 after splitting time with Burnett last year.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(oaklandPOWER @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:12 PM) 826383828[/snapback]Very good assessment of both teams...it's about time someone posts a non bias opinion unlike most of the blackman and siegel posters. Also don't forget about Brett Wilson for Oakland either look for him to be the full time #2 after splitting time with Burnett last year.

Wow...wilson is the straightup #2 now darn and to think he was a riverdale zoned kid another recruit that oakland got oh well

I am really looking forward to a fun 7AAA season

I truely hope that jordon takes that statement personally and turns out a great year

GO WARRIORS

This is kind of off topic but I was raised in baseball with the saying "defense wins championships." I just want to know if people still agree with this because it looks like in the game now days its all about scoring runs. Oakland and Riverdale are the two power houses still and it seems like their line ups are what wins them ball games. Just wondering what people think, would you rather have an errorless defense or a big power hitting lineup?

QUOTE(gap to gap baby @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826383926[/snapback]This is kind of off topic but I was raised in baseball with the saying "defense wins championships." I just want to know if people still agree with this because it looks like in the game now days its all about scoring runs. Oakland and Riverdale are the two power houses still and it seems like their line ups are what wins them ball games. Just wondering what people think, would you rather have an errorless defense or a big power hitting lineup?

I think Riverdales defense doesnt get there just due...they are usually pretty solid defensively in fact when the game is on the line and you need someone to make aplay they usually make the play I think their overall defense is gonna be VERY GOOD THIS YEAR i am not sure who is on first(lol) but the other 5 infeilders are pretty good and i like the outfeild also all 3 are pretty solid and if one goes down we have another one that is pretty good on the bench i think actually this years defense will be better than last years (overall)

me personally i would take a pitcher throwing strikes and an errorless game over power hitting while that power hitter may get you a run with a HR and error could make a 0 run inning into a 2 or 3 run inning real quick in fact we saw that with the freshman team tonight

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826383585[/snapback]hmmm hmm...

Riverdale was named best baseball facility in Middle Tennessee this year by the TBCA - I have the plaque already up in the pressbox

and I don't know about the best fans part either?

And last time I looked at MTSU, there were 3 Warriors in the starting lineup on opening day and 0 Patriots. But in fairness

one Pat is getting some pitching time on the hill and 1 outfielder is playing quite a bit and another is out for the year with an injury.

But another Warrior got an at-bat yesterday and another may get some soon....

And forget hot dogs, we have banana pudding and Somboum's EGG ROLLS!!!!

OK. Oakland and Riverdale have more signees. Would you at least give Siegel one thing? How about the 'hottest moms'?

QUOTE(rojohnson29 @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826383769[/snapback]First of all, never said they'd be dominant. Just putting names out there for Blackman.

Look at the team. Simple as that. No holes, except maybe catcher.

Bunch of good bats. Good bench.

Nobody except Oakland has Blackman's BALANCE and Depth.

You probably look at Cox, Cooper and Wheeler and say. o wow. Big deal. There are holes right there.

You have to watch these kids play.

I honestly think pitching is Blackman's strength this year.

I'd say lack of a catcher effects the "balance" of a team pretty significantly. Without a general, how does the army roll?

QUOTE(rojohnson29 @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826384147[/snapback]No. They won't be all district. Never said they would. What's your problem?

And I'm not being bias. Riverdale and Oakland will have great years. Oakland will finish 1st. Riverdale doesn't ahve the pitching. Siegel doesn't have the talent.

Oakland had the same talent last year, but no chemistry... that was obvious. Talent isn't everything... not even close. it's the desire to win. You got a group of nine average guys who love winning more than they hate losing and strive for victory every day, then you got nine average guys who will beat nine college signees without chemistry on any given day.

QUOTE(rojohnson29 @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826383809[/snapback]Jordan Henderson is nothing

Robbie Cooper and Tyler Brewer were possibly our two best hitters this fall. Cooper plays Left and Brewer plays Center. There's your answer.

Jordan Henderson is nothing? You have got to be kidding me. He does not keep his head all the time on the mound but the 9 out of 10 times he does maintain his composure he is a VERY tough pitcher to hit against. My advice, watch out in district play cause this kid can put on a show with the best of them.

QUOTE(Winners Inc @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826384421[/snapback]Oakland had the same talent last year, but no chemistry... that was obvious. Talent isn't everything... not even close. it's the desire to win. You got a group of nine average guys who love winning more than they hate losing and strive for victory every day, then you got nine average guys who will beat nine college signees without chemistry on any given day.

The team chemistry and will to win is the MAIN key to winning. You said it perfect....9 players with average talent but a desire to win will beat the 9 signees with no chemitry 9 out of 10 times. Sure, talent does help things don't get me wrong, but without good chemistry and will to win, a team is nothing.