District 7-AAA

rhs1234

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826383552[/snapback]

QUOTE(siegelbeagle @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:11 PM) 826383513[/snapback]

Do the math:

Siegel has the best overall defense.

Siegel has the best 1-2 punch in pitching. They also have great, experienced relievers.

Siegel has a consistent hitting lineup with speed.

Siegel has the best coaching staff (now that Coach White is gone).

Siegel has the best school.

Siegel has the best parents

Oakland has the best facility.

Oakland has more players signed right now.

Oakland has the BEST fans.

And most IMPORTANT...the best HOT DOGS.

hmmm hmm...

Riverdale was named best baseball facility in Middle Tennessee this year by the TBCA - I have the plaque already up in the pressbox

and I don't know about the best fans part either?

And last time I looked at MTSU, there were 3 Warriors in the starting lineup on opening day and 0 Patriots. But in fairness

one Pat is getting some pitching time on the hill and 1 outfielder is playing quite a bit and another is out for the year with an injury.

But another Warrior got an at-bat yesterday and another may get some soon....

And forget hot dogs, we have banana pudding and Somboum's EGG ROLLS!!!!

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:50 PM) 826383585[/snapback]hmmm hmm...

Riverdale was named best baseball facility in Middle Tennessee this year by the TBCA - I have the plaque already up in the pressbox

And last time I looked at MTSU, there were 3 Warriors in the starting lineup on opening day and 0 Patriots. But in fairness

one Pat is getting some pitching time on the hill and 1 outfielder is playing quite a bit and another is out for the year with an injury.

first of all, no one is talkin about playing at middle right now

oakland has three seniors that have signed with division one colleges

barnes with memphis as a pitcher

polk with UT as an outfielder

burnett with Middle as an infielder

im not sure how many division 1 scholarships any warriors are recieving but i seriously doubt they have three...

QUOTE(rojohnson29 @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826383540[/snapback]Does last season, or the past 20 for that matter, matter at all?

No

Blackman beats Gallatin 15-0

Mitch Cox hits a homerun. Blackman has really got some bats, pitching, and defense this year.

BTW, Gallatin batted 390 as a team last year.

i guess blackman hasn't won any.. Just trying to show how hard it is to knock off the best teams in the district.don't get upset

QUOTE(rojohnson29 @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826383651[/snapback]Blackman hasn't won any. Does that matter?No. Yes, Oakland and Riverdale have been good team forever. They are good teams. But quit bringing up the past. It really doesn't matter and it won't convince the non bias.

i know its corny but....to be the best you have to beat the best. and until Riverdale gets knocked off they are probably the favorite. hey I hate to say it too i'm an oakland guy. I know that blackman and siegel have good teams but they don't have the track record that the other two schools have. Outsidde of riverdale and oakland i think the best teams are still in murfreesboro! I would be shocked if a team outside of the boro ever wins the reg season district!!!

I was talking about that we have THREE CURRENT players who have signed D-1 .......PJ, Tyler, and Marcus.......UT, MTSU, Memphis. Can you top that?

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:50 PM) 826383585[/snapback]hmmm hmm...

Oh and David...remind me how many RINGS yall have??

Easy 2p!! stop bringing up the past you are gonna make someone mad!!!

Those rings sure do get heavy!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(rojohnson29 @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:31 PM) 826383686[/snapback]Well of course Riverdale is the favorite. I feel though they don't have to pitching. Underland and uhh..umm...?

Don't know who past him!!!

Oakland

Blackman

Riverdale

Siegel

Thats all that i'm worried about i think that this should be an up year for all the boro schools and that the other teams in the district are just schedule fillers.. i'm not saying that those other teams won't win any games but i don't think that they will be factors in the end.

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826383719[/snapback]Oakland

Blackman

Riverdale

Siegel

Thats all that i'm worried about i think that this should be an up year for all the boro schools and that the other teams in the district are just schedule fillers.. i'm not saying that those other teams won't win any games but i don't think that they will be factors in the end.

Can I get some reasons for why Blackman will be so dominant? I know they play hard and scrap, and they have good coaching but I think that will only take them so far. I also think Siegel plays Riverdale closer than pretty much anyone in the district, with the exception of Blackman last year, so its hard to see Siegel finishing behind them this year with their lack of pitching.

QUOTE(rojohnson29 @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826383769[/snapback]First of all, never said they'd be dominant. Just putting names out there for Blackman.

Look at the team. Simple as that. No holes, except maybe catcher.

Bunch of good bats. Good bench.

Nobody except Oakland has Blackman's BALANCE and Depth.

You probably look at Cox, Cooper and Wheeler and say. o wow. Big deal. There are holes right there.

You have to watch these kids play.

I honestly think pitching is Blackman's strength this year.

Who will be roaming the outfield without Casanova? I know Wheeler is a good player, he plays hard and hits well. I know Cox is a good player, possibly the smoothest shortstop in our district. Are you saying its their pitching thats gonna pull them over the top then?

QUOTE(rhs1234 @ Feb 8 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826364513[/snapback]Let make some early picks on who will WIN and who will LOSE.

1. Riverdale

2. Oakland

Riverdale - They have good pitching. Austin Hurt will hit any spot anytime. Though he does nto throw the ball too hard hitting a pitch on the black of the plate is tough enough as it is. Jordan Henderson and Brian Davis are the 2 powering arms. Both hitting mid 80's and Henderson being able to hit the 87 mark every once in a while. Batting wise they are not as powering as last year but have all 9 slots filled with base hitters. Hunter and Skinner bring power to the plate along with Chase Johnson and Brett Lanning coming behind them. But at the same time look out for those base hits.

Oakland - They have great pitching, Marcus Barnes at the top of the list. He has a great arm and control, look for him to be one of the top pitchers in the state. Behind him are Brenden Stender who has throw the ball well and Tyler Burnett who has a little velocity on him. If these pitchers can throw the ball where needed, they will be very tough to beat this season. Batting wise Oakland is one of the best hitting teams having all 9 slots filled nicely. Having back Burnett, Polk, Fann, and Dodd all coming back off of a strong year last year, look for them to put up some runs. They have power hitters that can also get the job done getting clutch base hits when needed. Looks for Oakland to be a tough team to beat.

With all this said and the two teams being about even, there are more than two teams in the district and a sweep against one does not guarantee the district championship spot. Both teams have to play at the top of their game each night in district play. Look for one off-night to be the deciding factor in this years district race. But with the past it is kind of hard to take Riverdale out of it, look for tradition to prevail this year. Good luck to all the teams and lets have a great year of baseball in 7AAA!!!!