District 7-AAA

rhs1234

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh Mureesboro Baseball... got to love it. Hey I heard Siegel's got another freshman throwing mid 80's. That would be the second season in a row. Also heard Robinson is already topping out at high 80's and I heard it's not flat... now that practice is underway, I want to see some non biased polls. Im along ways from home and probablly wont catch any games this season.

and i guess i'll go ahead and add my predictions for the district.

1. Siegel (Cinderella stories are the best)

2. Oakland (Best talent in the mid state)

3. Riverdale (Great coach, still a couple great players)

4. Blackman (Another great coach, but lost a couple key players)

5. Lebanon (Decent talent coming up)

6. Cookeville (Gone down hill the past two years)

7. Warren County (Rogers can't do it all)

8. White County (The tall kid who also plays basketball can't do it all either)

QUOTE(Winners Inc @ Feb 17 2007 - 03:19 PM) 826376515[/snapback]and i guess i'll go ahead and add my predictions for the district.

1. Siegel (Cinderella stories are the best)

2. Oakland (Best talent in the mid state)

3. Riverdale (Great coach, still a couple great players)

4. Blackman (Another great coach, but lost a couple key players)

5. Lebanon (Decent talent coming up)

6. Cookeville (Gone down hill the past two years)

7. Warren County (Rogers can't do it all)

8. White County (The tall kid who also plays basketball can't do it all either)

I agree JJ Taylor cant do it all

I think Siegel will finish 1 or 2 in the district, I think Oakland will finish 1 or 2 also. Really depends on Siegels lineup, if they hit they can finish first. I think Siegel has the coaching edge over Oakland easily. I wouldnt be very suprised if Riverdale finishes 1st or 2nd but I think they will finish 3rd, questionable pitching for them.

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:04 AM) 826377093[/snapback]How will Siegel do

Siegel should do well. They don't have the talent they had last year, but they have some scrappers. They're a lot like blackman was last year. You didn't expect them to go as far as a game from the state tournament according to their talent, but they scrapped to the death and got there. Siegel has 7 or 8 seniors who have been playing or starting since their freshman year, so timidity is not in their vocabulary when it comes down to crunch time. They have been in the middle of big games for four years. Undoubtably the best one-two punch in 7AAA this year with Robinson and Faust taking the hill in district play. I actually went to the practice today and watched them along with some parents during an innersquad and saw a lot of great hits and plays. So don't get me wrong. They definitly still have a ton of talent. O and another thing, expect to hear these names in the near future: Moore and Schaffer. I'm not sure what their first names are, but they are freshmen who will be dressing varsity and I hear they are competing for the left field spot on the roster. I got to see them show their stuff all week this week and it looked very mature for freshmen. For anybody who is wondering who will carry out the role at second base, third base (Tobitt moves to shortstop), and first base, it will most likely be Taylor Barrett at third, Matt McCloud at second, but first base is still wide open.... I expect a huge year for the Stars and anything less than a state tournament appearance will be a disappointment.