District 7-AAA

rhs1234

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:03 AM) 826385639[/snapback]Isnt it that rule that a team has to stay at state until they can beat somebody?

That team that couldn't win a game in 4 out of the last 6 years beat your team those last 6 years did they not? I believe 6 straight district titles.

QUOTE(4-6-3 @ Feb 23 2007 - 02:17 PM) 826386045[/snapback]That team that couldn't win a game in 4 out of the last 6 years beat your team those last 6 years did they not? I believe 6 straight district titles.

yes, i do believe that is true. And also the years Oakland did win state....with all the talent they had they SHOULD have won more state titles than they did. And for anyone who says "you don't know what you are talking about" ask Brendan King and Jeremy Sladen and they will tell you the same thing.

QUOTE(GoldGloveInLF @ Feb 23 2007 - 03:19 PM) 826386224[/snapback]yes, i do believe that is true. And also the years Oakland did win state....with all the talent they had they SHOULD have won more state titles than they did. And for anyone who says "you don't know what you are talking about" ask Brendan King and Jeremy Sladen and they will tell you the same thing.

I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!

First there was never a Brendan King on that team and neither was Sladen!

Oakland went 4 years without losing a game to Riverdale or White County. Maybe even Lebanon, but i don't remember.

97 and 98 oakland ran into a guy named Dewon Brazleton. Maybe you've heard of him

98 Oakland only had 2 seniors and one of those only pitched, the other was a pitcher and back up infielder.

99 and 2000 well we all know.

Oh Yeah its BreNNan King and Jeremy SlaYden!!!!

Trust me i should know!!! right 2p? So before you go off trying to compare teams from this year to great teams of the past get your facts straight!!! 39-2 and 40-3 not bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826386670[/snapback]oaklandgrad or magoo......anyone have a projected starting line-up for Oakland?

1. Polk CF

2. Burnette SS

3. Dodd 3B

4. Barnes DH

5. Fann 1B

6. Parsley LF

7. McGowan RF

8. Fisher C

9. McConnell 2B

McGowan can also play anywhere in the infield, has actually worked quite a bit at first early on, can also play left and might pitch.

Fann will catch some

McConnell has worked at short and third

Jordan Wright could see some time in the outfield

Burnette will pitch and can play first

Barnes may play some outfield too

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Feb 23 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826386253[/snapback]I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!

First there was never a Brendan King on that team and neither was Sladen!

Oakland went 4 years without losing a game to Riverdale or White County. Maybe even Lebanon, but i don't remember.

97 and 98 oakland ran into a guy named Dewon Brazleton. Maybe you've heard of him

98 Oakland only had 2 seniors and one of those only pitched, the other was a pitcher and back up infielder.

99 and 2000 well we all know.

Oh Yeah its BreNNan King and Jeremy SlaYden!!!!

Trust me i should know!!! right 2p? So before you go off trying to compare teams from this year to great teams of the past get your facts straight!!! 39-2 and 40-3 not bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakland's baseball run, talent-wise and results in the late 90s are similar to Riverdale football from 94-97. We may never see that much talent on one team like

that again in our lifetime. Both teams were fun to watch. And a lot of folks forget who I think was the best hitter on those Oakland teams, Rauschenberger - he

was something else! And that team had so much pitching depth that one of the better pitchers in these parts the past few years didn't even get to pitch in

the state tournament....