DISTRICT 12AA TOURNAMENT!

Big Country

The regular season is over and I personally can't wait to see the machine known as Liberty Tech in person for myself in two weeks. Before then we over here in the midstate have our own District Tourney in 11AA to take care of but I want to hear from some of the 12AA fans out there. This tourney has produced the state champion the last three years now and this year's odds on prohibited favorite will be in this tourney yet again. Can anyone knock them off?????

District 12AA Bracket

1.) Liberty Tech (BYE)

4.) Lexington

5.) McNairy Central

3.) Jackson South Side

6.) Chester Co.

2.) Bolivar Central

7.) Camden

The #2 & #3 seeds should cruise relatively easily into the semifinals which would also ensure them both of at least qualifying for the Regionals. Bolivar Central & Jackson South Side are both excellent basketball teams with tons of athleticism.

That #4 vs #5 game should be A GOOD ONE!!!! Lexington has been playing really well of late from judging their scores. They put up a great fight on senior night at Liberty Tech tonight but got a bad draw late in the year having to play them on the final night of the season while JSS (who has been struggling somewhat of late) got to host disrict doormat Camden. McNairy Central has also closed the regular season on a strong note and they are the host team in this tourney. Will Lexington continue their dominance over McNairy Central????? Can the Bobcats finally find a way to knock off their hated district rivals?????? Can either of them challenge Liberty Tech in the semifinals??????

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:45 AM) 826365924[/snapback]

The regular season is over and I personally can't wait to see the machine known as Liberty Tech in person for myself in two weeks. Before then we over here in the midstate have our own District Tourney in 11AA to take care of but I want to hear from some of the 12AA fans out there. This tourney has produced the state champion the last three years now and this year's odds on prohibited favorite will be in this tourney yet again. Can anyone knock them off?????

District 12AA Bracket

1.) Liberty Tech (BYE)

4.) Lexington

5.) McNairy Central

3.) Jackson South Side

6.) Chester Co.

2.) Bolivar Central

7.) Camden

The #2 & #3 seeds should cruise relatively easily into the semifinals which would also ensure them both of at least qualifying for the Regionals. Bolivar Central & Jackson South Side are both excellent basketball teams with tons of athleticism.

That #4 vs #5 game should be A GOOD ONE!!!! Lexington has been playing really well of late from judging their scores. They put up a great fight on senior night at Liberty Tech tonight but got a bad draw late in the year having to play them on the final night of the season while JSS (who has been struggling somewhat of late) got to host disrict doormat Camden. McNairy Central has also closed the regular season on a strong note and they are the host team in this tourney. Will Lexington continue their dominance over McNairy Central????? Can the Bobcats finally find a way to knock off their hated district rivals?????? Can either of them challenge Liberty Tech in the semifinals??????

Memphis BTW is the only team that I think can beat Liberty.

I don't think that anybody in the district will beat Liberty. There are only two teams that are capable....Bolivar and Lexington. Here are some interesting numbers. Comparing the two games with Bolivar and Lexington.

Liberty 209 Bolivar 43

Liberty 157 Lexington 43

Liberty scored 52 more points against Bolivar than against Lexington. Lexington has the advantage defensively over Bolivar.

Lexington has come the closest to beating Liberty with a margin of 13 points in the last game.

I think Lexington has improved as the season has progressed....more than the other teams in the district. They are playing with alot of heart....they've allowed adversity to make them better....they are to be commended. And I will be there to see the game tonight against McNairy.

They have clearly been able to slow down the Liberty attack. Stop it....no...I don't think anybody can stop it. When your up by 6 at one point in the 4rth quarter...(I believe it was)..of the Lexington game....and your doing behind the back passes for layups (Jewan), dunks (Sampson to Sain....Sampson to Jones.) your not being to serious about winning or losing. I don't think we'll be seeing much more of that kind of stuff from here on out.....it will be all about business, and beating somebody solid and without question. You will get to see the real Liberty game face.....no playing around.

I think Bolivar can beat Liberty in a close game if they just play together as a team, Bolivar has a very young team that will probably make it to the state tournament. I feel that they wont win the first game, but I do think that we will take this year and only get stronger next year and maybe win the state tournament for a 3rd time.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 13 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826370415[/snapback]

Would you pick them to beat Liberty Tech or just be able to compete with the Crusaders???????

I would pick them to beat Liberty in a close one. They have all the intangibles that would allow that to be possible. They are two teams that mirror each other. The only important edge would be in the coaching department. It would be an exciting game because Liberty is loaded and BTW is loaded as well.