top players

wing-T-01

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:49 PM) 826413786[/snapback]Columbia State C.C. This is by far the best recuiting class ever for CSCC. They say they got 10 of the 12 they wanted. Thats amazing.

Deberry is a great player, I really dont think he touches the ground when he runs though.

Trust me, I have been around the Columbia State program for a long time and this is not the best recruiting class they have ever had. It is not even close. It is a step in the right direction and it will continue to get better at Columbia State as long as they do the right thing and bring Kelley Bratton back as the full time head coach.

QUOTE(wing-T-01 @ Feb 11 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826367882[/snapback]who are the best players around your town.

OUR TEAM IS PLAYING IN THE WILSON CO. TOURNY THIS WEEK AND A KID FROM FRIENDSHIP MADE SOME BIG LEAGUE CATCHES FOR THEM. HIS LAST NAME IS ALSUP AND HE PLAYED CENTER AGAINST US. HE CAN SCOOT. THEY SAID HE'S A JR.

QUOTE(iceman3 @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:41 PM) 826377373[/snapback]Zeth Stone from Baylor. He is junior that batted over .400 last year in helping to lead Baylor to state championship. He also has power to all fields. Not to mention he can throw in the upper 80's off the mound.

Stone??? Has a poor attitude and not much of a power hitter, he spreads his hits out all over the field but he is more of a slapping, hit and run guy...Definitely doesn't throw upper 80's, low 80's if that... Pretty good ballplayer I've kept up with him the past couple years...

QUOTE(nitrites620 @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:42 AM) 826415937[/snapback]If you are talking about the best players in Tennessee you cannot leave out Blake Forsythe of CBHS.

From E Tn you need to include Derek Trent (SR) and Jamie Crawford (SO). Derek (catcher) swings a good bat that pitchers try to stay away from. Crawford (shortstop) is only a SO. but starts on a team full of seniors. He also started some last year as a freshman. Trent has signed with ETSU.

QUOTE(poptart23 @ Feb 15 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826373355[/snapback]the best sophomore in the state is matt haynes from liberty

this kid has skills

Yeah, he's alright.. but how can you say that when Matt doesnt even play varsity for Liberty? Someone said that Xan Stewart played his position in varsity and Matt has always been on JV

QUOTE(Live4FridayNite615 @ Mar 21 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826419561[/snapback]I can't believe Sonny Gray has only been brought up once or twice.. he is by far one of the best if not the best pitcher in the state.. There is no way Navery Moore is ranked ahead of him.. Sonny has been clocked twice this year hitting 96 m.p.h. and has a nasty curve and a great change.. He is just an all out athlete..

The first thing that I would like to ask is if you are a professional scout? The scouts make a living selecting the top high school & college prospects for the MLB clubs. Yes, they miss on some of the players but they are correct more times than they are wrong. Navery was selected as the top prospect in the United States for the class of 2008 but they update the rankings two or three times each year and Navery's ranking may or may not change. The MLB scouts have to project where the player will be in three to five years and Navery's body is much larger and stronger than Sonny's and that could have something to do with his lofty ranking but you still must have tons of talent to be ranked.

Do you know if Sonny is ranked in the top 250 for the class of 2008?

Is Sonny going to focus on football or baseball after high school?

QUOTE(643DoublePlay @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826419005[/snapback]Stone??? Has a poor attitude and not much of a power hitter, he spreads his hits out all over the field but he is more of a slapping, hit and run guy...Definitely doesn't throw upper 80's, low 80's if that... Pretty good ballplayer I've kept up with him the past couple years...

This statement is not justified and I really hate to dignify it with a response.

Any coach out there want a player that hits 400 plus with 5 home runs last year and was key part of a state championship team?

Double Play...you must be holding a grudge or are extremely jelous for some reason........please keep all of your comments to your self in the future if you do not want to be positive.

thanks