District 6-A

SP123

QUOTE(ReturnOfRackem @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826370109[/snapback]

I'm not saying CSAS's coach won't get it, I'm just saying SP's coach deserves consideration for the unusual circumstances they've gone through this year. They went through all that and still finished where they have for the past two seasons. To me, that's pretty impressive.

They lost to Lookout Valley and Richard Hardy.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Feb 13 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826370120[/snapback]

They lost to Lookout Valley and Richard Hardy.

Still finished one spot below CSAS. Still have a bye. Still have no gym. When I'm talking about not having a gym, people jump to the conclusion that I'm always referring to the games. What about practice time?? They have to share an elementary school gym with FIVE other teams!!! Practice time has been limited, to say the least, this season.

QUOTE(silverdalefan @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826369987[/snapback]

I don't care who wins coach of the year, but I can't believe that anyone would seriously consider Richard Hardy's coach. If you look on their schedule, half of their games were played against non-TSSAA opponents (Boyd Christian, Paint Rock Valley, Berean). They lost to Lookout Valley early when Valley was worse than they are now. They lost to the first place team, CSAS, by 35 and 36. Whitwell and Valley are having the worst years in their history. Sale Creek is average. This would be a joke for their district.

ok first we didnt play boyd christian but that doesnt matter, you say that we are terrible and lost to lookout valley but your silverdale seahawks lost to lookout valley and us two times so what are you saying about your own team???

QUOTE(silverdalefan @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826369987[/snapback]

I don't care who wins coach of the year, but I can't believe that anyone would seriously consider Richard Hardy's coach. If you look on their schedule, half of their games were played against non-TSSAA opponents (Boyd Christian, Paint Rock Valley, Berean). They lost to Lookout Valley early when Valley was worse than they are now. They lost to the first place team, CSAS, by 35 and 36. Whitwell and Valley are having the worst years in their history. Sale Creek is average. This would be a joke for their district.

What games have you won? You have played good teams outside the district and lost. You've lost to Lookout Valley and South Pittsburg which RH beat. Oh yes and you lost to RH not once but twice. There is no dought that Rh could have played a tougher schedule but that wouldn't have made much diffrence in the District except to make them better. It's not always the team with the best record that should get coach or team of the year. It should be what the team used to be in the past and how much they have improved. CSAS has always been good and have better players then other teams in the district ,but what have they really done? If the District is so bad and they went undefeated what does that say? "Nothing" They have played some good teams outside district how many have they won? "none" If they would have beaten a Grace or East Ridge or Temple or Howard then maybe. But at this point they are the best team in a bad district. It's not RH fault that LOV and Whitwell are down this year. In the Past it wasn't that those teams were that great anyway. It was that RH was that bad. But not this year and thats why I think RH coach should get it. You can agree or disagree but it's time someone gives them a little credit. Everyone knows how they used to be. Now how many teams from the district pencil them in as a win on their schedule now, maybe one. South Pittsburg had a rough year due to not having a gym. That would be hard to handle. But we must remember that Rh played in box gym forever and no one made excuses for them then. LOV and Whitwell both are just one player away from being right where they were before. So even though they had a bad year there not that bad of a team. Bottom line if Rh goes into the district tourney and doesn't win a game they shouldn't get coach of the year. But if they do and maybe get to the Championship game will that give them any credibility? We all know CSAS is the best team. We all know that they have a better coach. We all know that they have the only chance to do anything in the region tournament. But this is about coach of the year not wins and losses. It's whos coach got the most out of the talent they have. So did CSAS do more with the talent they have or RH with the talent they had? That is the question. I still say RH because they still have the least talented team and has accomplished more.

QUOTE(Tigerinsania @ Feb 12 2007 - 05:12 PM) 826369033[/snapback]

I agree. If Sale Creek and Lookout Valley have the kind of teams they normally have (like for the past 20 years), Richard Hardy is not even in the conversation.

They're an average team that has caught District 6 with a few of its normal Top 4 teams having very less than average years. I still think RH's coach will win it, just because CSAS's coach won it last year, but I don't think that's right. What's the logic? If a good team is expected to be #1 in a lousy district and they do it, do they get no credit? But if an average team in a lousy district finishes higher than most (except me) thought, do they get all the credit? I wonder which way that will go. Hmmmmmmmm.

Coach of the year is not about wins and losses. It's whos coach got the most out of the talent they have. So did CSAS do more with the talent they have or RH with the talent they had? That is the question. CSAS was to finsh first and they did. RH was thought to finsh last or next to last, but they finshed 3rd. It's all in the way you look at it. I still say my Pathers are better but you still need to give them credit.

After LV's win against Sale Creek, 61-58. Here is the unoffical bracket for the tournament:

CSAS: bye

SP: bye

Whitwell vs. Richard Hardy winner plays SP

Lookout Valley vs. Sale Creek winner plays CSAS

Should have MVP, Coach of the Year, All-District info tomorrow.

Big story on Channel 9 tonight: The South Pittsburg gym situation

QUOTE(oldtimeballer @ Feb 13 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826370369[/snapback]

Coach of the year is not about wins and losses. It's whos coach got the most out of the talent they have. So did CSAS do more with the talent they have or RH with the talent they had? That is the question. CSAS was to finsh first and they did. RH was thought to finsh last or next to last, but they finshed 3rd. It's all in the way you look at it. I still say my Pathers are better but you still need to give them credit.

CSAS 22-0 in district play over the last two years....The closest game this year in district was 17 points to Sale Creek...Also CSAS only lost two JV games all year as well....What more do you want the coach todo with this talent in the district?

QUOTE(Breakem23 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826370987[/snapback]

CSAS 22-0 in district play over the last two years....The closest game this year in district was 17 points to Sale Creek...Also CSAS only lost two JV games all year as well....What more do you want the coach todo with this talent in the district?

Move back up to 6AA....There's some competition....

QUOTE(Breakem23 @ Feb 13 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826371029[/snapback]

Been there done that and we are now back where we belong in Single A

Yeah you belong in single A, but you were more prepared for the State Tournament in AA....There's just no competition in Region 3....Yeah I know there's Temple and Grace but they are both kind of down this year also....