District 4aaa

HB2021

Welcome back sports. There is a lot of good baseball in Tennessee. In district 3AAA Halls, Powell, Central, Karns have been strong. I am probably leaving someone out. In 4AAA Farragut has won State like 3 of the last 4 years. William Blount is good this year. Bearden is usually solid and then my alma mater (kinda, the Doyle part anyway) South Doyle has been solid with a senior laden team that hopes to break through the East Tennessee gauntlet this year. South Doyle plays Maryville @ SD on Monday the 16th. Bell or Holland will probably pitch for the Kees. Bell has signed with Memphis as well as Zurcher at SS. Several other Kees have signed scholarships, but I have a hard time remembering who and where. I feel, as do others on this board that 3 & 4 AAA are among the strongest in the state. Maryville has been strong in Football and this year they won state in basketball. If their baseball program has some of this rub off on them 4AAA would be without a doubt tops in the state. I have totally left out others in upper East Tennessee and Middle Tennessee schools will likely verbally abuse me over this post, But I think Tennessee High School baseball is vey good. Oh and GO KEE'S Monday night!!!!!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826437105[/snapback]Welcome back sports. There is a lot of good baseball in Tennessee. In district 3AAA Halls, Powell, Central, Karns have been strong. I am probably leaving someone out. In 4AAA Farragut has won State like 3 of the last 4 years. William Blount is good this year. Bearden is usually solid and then my alma mater (kinda, the Doyle part anyway) South Doyle has been solid with a senior laden team that hopes to break through the East Tennessee gauntlet this year. South Doyle plays Maryville @ SD on Monday the 16th. Bell or Holland will probably pitch for the Kees. Bell has signed with Memphis as well as Zurcher at SS. Several other Kees have signed scholarships, but I have a hard time remembering who and where. I feel, as do others on this board that 3 & 4 AAA are among the strongest in the state. Maryville has been strong in Football and this year they won state in basketball. If their baseball program has some of this rub off on them 4AAA would be without a doubt tops in the state. I have totally left out others in upper East Tennessee and Middle Tennessee schools will likely verbally abuse me over this post, But I think Tennessee High School baseball is vey good. Oh and GO KEE'S Monday night!!!!!

Don't forget Lenoir City. They started 0-7 in the district but Coach Buzz will turn that around. Look for them to go deep into the playoffs under his guidance. He's the reason they perform as they do. And they are tearing up AA and A teams.

Not that the ol' Shaman wouldn't like to call up the spirits of McGahee, Draper, and Duncan to help them out.

QUOTE(frankenvol @ Apr 17 2007 - 07:56 AM) 826439253[/snapback]Did South Doyle lose to Morristown West last week? The television said that S.D. was perfect in its region, but that wouldn't e possible if they lost to William Blount and Morristown West. How did Maryville come up with six hits against Bell?

SD did lose to WB earlier in the season and to Mo West last week but Mo west is in a different region i think. so one loss in the region and it was to WB.

Farragut won over WmBlount last night in a good game 7-3. Matt Ramsey pitched a very good 6 2/3 for the win; Shane Glarrow finished up for the save. McGill pitched for the Governors, and had that good good curve working pretty well, but the Admirals managed to put up 4 in the 2nd, 1 in the 4th (I think), and 2 more late in the game for the win. No big fireworks in this one -- just a good hard fought game between 2 good HS teams.