District 4aaa

HB2021

QUOTE(JohnDoe @ May 7 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826453932[/snapback]Who remains in the tournament and what are the standings?

Lenoir City will play Maryville tomorrow. I think the winner of that game plays whoever loses the SD/WB game. Then I think on Wednesday whoever wins the game between the loser of SD/WB and the winner of LC/Maryville will play the winner of SD/WB.. not sure though. I'm pretty sure whoever wins the LC/Maryville game will have a DH tomorrow.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 7 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826453940[/snapback]Lenoir City will play Maryville tomorrow. I think the winner of that game plays whoever loses the SD/WB game. Then I think on Wednesday whoever wins the game between the loser of SD/WB and the winner of LC/Maryville will play the winner of SD/WB.. not sure though. I'm pretty sure whoever wins the LC/Maryville game will have a DH tomorrow.

That is correct...although I'm not sure of the dates for the games

South Doyle wins 2-0 over William Blount. Holland struck out 16 over 7 innings and allowed 1 hit. The Cherokees had only 3 hits, but a 2 run bomb in the bottom of the 6th by Brentz was the dagger. William Blount pitcher was very good also and probably had 8 or 9 strikeouts. Roberts and Zurcher had the other 2 hits for the Kees, but a real pitching display by Holland lead the Kees to victory. As you have already heard Lenior City elimanated Farragut tonight. Just goes to show that when tourney time rolls around you never know. Congrats to Maryville who will now play Lenior City and the winner to face William Blount. Keep rolling KEES!

It's truly sad for Farragut;however, this will let Maryville,LC,or WB have a spot in the region...which would be a 1st for either of them in a long time (especially WB and LC). The good news is none of these teams have to beat S Doyle to make it to the State Tourney. Just win the games you have to win, and none of them will be elimination games against the Cherokees.

QUOTE(etcoach @ May 8 2007 - 05:59 AM) 826454158[/snapback]It's truly sad for Farragut;however, this will let Maryville,LC,or WB have a spot in the region...which would be a 1st for either of them in a long time (especially WB and LC). The good news is none of these teams have to beat S Doyle to make it to the State Tourney. Just win the games you have to win, and none of them will be elimination games against the Cherokees.

Wow. I read where Farragut had made the sectionals something like 10 years in a row? All things come to an end. Farragut has had a tremendous run.

I figured they would climb out of the loser's bracket and make the region.

Congrats to LC.

QUOTE(TG24 @ May 8 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826454269[/snapback]Are the loser bracket finals tomorrow...or tonight at SD?

Maryville plays Lenior City at 4 at S/D. Winner plays William Blount in Loser Brkt final at 6:30. Winner of that faces South Doyle on Weds.

Players on the 1st team all district squad from Farragut are: Barton Ivy (Sr., 2b) Michael Williams (Jr., Catcher) Cade Stallings (So., 3rd) Matt Ramsey (Jr., P/CF) and Curt Powell (So., SS). Congrats to all of them and the great thing is that 4 of the 5 are returning. Farragut should be stacked next year.