District 4aaa

HB2021

QUOTE(frankenvol @ Mar 29 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826425655[/snapback]What is the punishment for his ejection? Missed game? Fines? What will happen, and why was he tossed?

if it is a coach it is a 2 game suspension and a 250 fine...there are cases when this doesnt accure but sounds like he was arguing a call so he will probably recieve the punishment not knowing ANY of the details

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 29 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826425956[/snapback]if it is a coach it is a 2 game suspension and a 250 fine...there are cases when this doesnt accure but sounds like he was arguing a call so he will probably recieve the punishment not knowing ANY of the details

riverdaleman is exactly right that is the penalty.

QUOTE(TG24 @ Mar 29 2007 - 07:11 PM) 826426056[/snapback]That's part of the game...two game suspension and a $250 fine?? That's completely ridiculous.

It might be part of the game in the major leagues but we are talking about high school baseball. I guess you think it is OK for a player to get thrown out of a game. It is not like he didn't know what would happen if he got tossed. He should have said his peace and shut his mouth and everything would have been OK. He is not the only coach in this area that should be booted from a game every now and then. Some of them go way over the line.

QUOTE(Rebel9 @ Mar 29 2007 - 07:37 PM) 826426125[/snapback]It might be part of the game in the major leagues but we are talking about high school baseball. I guess you think it is OK for a player to get thrown out of a game. It is not like he didn't know what would happen if he got tossed. He should have said his peace and shut his mouth and everything would have been OK. He is not the only coach in this area that should be booted from a game every now and then. Some of them go way over the line.

I see where your coming from, however I also feel what TG is saying. I feel like they refs overreacted... I mean have you seen the pro's? Unless he's physically threating to hurt the referee or something I don't think just arguing should result in a 2 game suspension or fine.

QUOTE(Rebel9 @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826426125[/snapback]It might be part of the game in the major leagues but we are talking about high school baseball. I guess you think it is OK for a player to get thrown out of a game. It is not like he didn't know what would happen if he got tossed. He should have said his peace and shut his mouth and everything would have been OK. He is not the only coach in this area that should be booted from a game every now and then. Some of them go way over the line.

It depends on what the player is doing to get thrown out of the game...I've seen players get thrown for ticky-tack things too. High school baseball is NOT the major leagues, but umpires let some coaches get away with WAY more than they should. If you're going to be cheap about tossing coaches for arguging calls, at least make it equal across the board.

QUOTE(TG24 @ Mar 30 2007 - 05:02 PM) 826426732[/snapback]It depends on what the player is doing to get thrown out of the game...I've seen players get thrown for ticky-tack things too. High school baseball is NOT the major leagues, but umpires let some coaches get away with WAY more than they should. If you're going to be cheap about tossing coaches for arguging calls, at least make it equal across the board.

TG24,

I agree with you 100% about being equal across the board. I have been watching baseball around these parts for over 20 years and I think that some coaches fuss with the umps just to see how much they can get away with. It wouldn't bother me if the fine was $500 because every high school coach should know the rule and know when to shut up. The William Blount coach is not the only guilty one in this district. The same thing will happen to others sooner or later.

By the way, that was a great win over Bearden.

Rebel 9