District 4aaa

HB2021

QUOTE(HB2021 @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826382640[/snapback]I believe he is talking about fan support and participation. Since Matt Buckner came to Bearden 3 years ago, the facilities have improved quite a bit. Matt has brought a winning attitude to the Bulldogs. He came from Farragut and he beat Farragut 4 times last year This is a strong district. You are right about South Doyle. William Blount is tough also. Tommy Farr will tell you the same thing.

oooh ok. gotcha

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nacba @ Feb 20 2007 - 05:28 PM) 826381518[/snapback]HB 20/21 How do you compare Beardon v. Farragutt this . You seem to always be prophetic. Also how do you compare the parent's at Beaden v. Farragutt. Booster participation is an integral part of the 4AAA baseball passion.

Farragut lost 16 or 17 games last year and should have lost more. Rob Catapano is gone and he won all the big games for Farragut. Bearden lost 6 senior position players who were 3 year starters, but, they return all their pitiching staff. Several young players got a lot of varsity playing time due to injuries and sickness. I will pick Bearden over Farragut as Farragut could not beat Bearden even with Catapano on the mound. South Doyle and William Blount will also beat

Farragut this year.

As far as their booster club, they have a lot of money as Tommy Farr checked into the Cak job. He stayed at Farragut. You tell me why.

QUOTE(HB2021 @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826384287[/snapback]Farragut lost 16 or 17 games last year and should have lost more. Rob Catapano is gone and he won all the big games for Farragut. Bearden lost 6 senior position players who were 3 year starters, but, they return all their pitiching staff. Several young players got a lot of varsity playing time due to injuries and sickness. I will pick Bearden over Farragut as Farragut could not beat Bearden even with Catapano on the mound. South Doyle and William Blount will also beat

Farragut this year.

As far as their booster club, they have a lot of money as Tommy Farr checked into the Cak job. He stayed at Farragut. You tell me why.

First off, It's Tommy Pharr, not Farr. Looks like you're wrong for once HB2021. Second, who cares how many games Farragut "should have lost" last year. They're the state champs, that's what matters, so give credit where credit is due. They won when no one gave them a chance and that's the sign of a good team, especially when you're on top consistently YEAR AFTER YEAR. One player won't win you the state championship either, it's a team effort, you know that.

QUOTE(HB2021 @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826384287[/snapback]Farragut lost 16 or 17 games last year and should have lost more. Rob Catapano is gone and he won all the big games for Farragut. Bearden lost 6 senior position players who were 3 year starters, but, they return all their pitiching staff. Several young players got a lot of varsity playing time due to injuries and sickness. I will pick Bearden over Farragut as Farragut could not beat Bearden even with Catapano on the mound. South Doyle and William Blount will also beat

Farragut this year.

I don't know why people constantly criticize Farragut's team from last year or say that they were not a good team. It is a little ridiculous to talk about how they lost to South Doyle, William Blount, or Bearden when the team that was left playing at the end of the year was them. The regular season doesn't mean anything if you can't win the big game. And thats all Farragut did last year and has done for the past 9 years. If another team in the state wins 30 games 9 years in a row let me know and then they can talk about Farragut not being a good team or a fluke.

QUOTE(Triplplaya @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:44 AM) 826385441[/snapback]I don't know why people constantly criticize Farragut's team from last year or say that they were not a good team. It is a little ridiculous to talk about how they lost to South Doyle, William Blount, or Bearden when the team that was left playing at the end of the year was them. The regular season doesn't mean anything if you can't win the big game. And thats all Farragut did last year and has done for the past 9 years. If another team in the state wins 30 games 9 years in a row let me know and then they can talk about Farragut not being a good team or a fluke.

Farragut didn't win the district, didn't win the district tournament, didn't win the region and won the sub state on an error by Halls. Face it, they were lucky. Luck can play a huge role a part in championships. They set a record for most losses by a state champion. In years past, they were the best team in the state. Last year, they weren't even the best team in Knoxville. If it weren't

for Rob, they would not have had a chance.

QUOTE(sultan2ofswat @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:24 PM) 826384929[/snapback]First off, It's Tommy Pharr, not Farr. Looks like you're wrong for once HB2021. Second, who cares how many games Farragut "should have lost" last year. They're the state champs, that's what matters, so give credit where credit is due. They won when no one gave them a chance and that's the sign of a good team, especially when you're on top consistently YEAR AFTER YEAR. One player won't win you the state championship either, it's a team effort, you know that.

Pharr, sorry. They were state champs, but, they weren't even close to being the best team in Knoxville. Rob was a special pitcher, and yes, he carried them to the championship. Without Rob, they aren't even in the state. You should know that.

QUOTE(HB2021 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:15 AM) 826385574[/snapback]Pharr, sorry. They were state champs, but, they weren't even close to being the best team in Knoxville. Rob was a special pitcher, and yes, he carried them to the championship. Without Rob, they aren't even in the state. You should know that.

But they had Rob so what point are you trying to prove? And last time i checked it took nine players to win a game. You can say all you want about Farragut but these kids no how to win big games. And i have to disagree about not even being close to the best team in Knoxville. Anytime you have Tommy Pharr in your dugout your going to be good.

But they had Rob so what point are you trying to prove? And last time i checked it took nine players to win a game. You can say all you want about Farragut but these kids no how to win big games. And i have to disagree about not even being close to the best team in Knoxville. Anytime you have Tommy Pharr in your dugout your going to be good.

[/quo

District games, district championship, regional championship, those aren't big games. Farragut lost all of them and should have lost the sub state but for a critical error by Halls. The point is they were very, very lucky. There were several teams in Knoxville that were better. They couldn't beat Bearden, so how were they better. Just luckier.

HB20/21 was it the lucky Farragutt team who has parents who complain when field announcers miss pronounce theit little one's names. Also as the prophetic 4AAA historian , isn't it true that lucky Farragutt has 5 sets of parents keeping score so ir little one's are not jobbed by the other parents who keeps score. Sounds like a real team effort. As 4AAA historian have you ever heard of a parent keeping score who puts great play next to their child's put outs in the official score book, and will put down errors for kid's that are trying to take playing time from their precious child.

QUOTE(HB2021 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826385564[/snapback]Farragut didn't win the district, didn't win the district tournament, didn't win the region and won the sub state on an error by Halls. Face it, they were lucky. Luck can play a huge role a part in championships. They set a record for most losses by a state champion. In years past, they were the best team in the state. Last year, they weren't even the best team in Knoxville. If it weren't

for Rob, they would not have had a chance.

w

Wrong, they tied a state record, also held by Goodpasture 1999