District 4aaa

HB2021

QUOTE(nowthatsfunny @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826386644[/snapback]Farragut played in six elimination games and won them all. At South-Doyle in the district loser's bracket final, at Halls in the Region, at Dobyns-Bennett in the sectional, Ravenwood in the state, two games versus Collierville in the state, and Bartlett in the state championship game.

Bearden played in one elimination game at home against Karns and lost. That's all that needs to be said.

Yeah, it's too bad Bearden couldn't have Played Farragut in an elimination game as Farragut couldn't beat the Dogs.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have your district title, your region title, or even your sub-state title, but I'll take the state championship title over those any day. At the end of the day, they were the last team standing. Where were the "best" teams in Knoxville while Farragut was winning the state championship? At home trying to figure out why they couldn't win the big games. I would have liked to have seen any other team from Knoxville try and hold their own at the state tournament, but they couldn't even get there. Farragut not only got there, they won it all. That's 3 state championships in the past 4 years... you tell me who the best team in the state is, much less in Knoxville.

In Knoxville, it wasn't Farragut. NO championships in Knoxville. The first two, Farragut was the best team. Last year was pure luck.

QUOTE(HB2021 @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826388326[/snapback]Yeah, it's too bad Bearden couldn't have Played Farragut in an elimination game as Farragut couldn't beat the Dogs.

HB2021

I have 2 quotes for you. One from a very famous NASCAR champion and 1 anonymous

In respect to your comment above: : " If IF's & But's were Candy & Nuts it would be Christmas All Year"

In respect to who was the best baseball team in 2006: " IF YOU ARE NOT FIRST, YOUR LAST".......... Ricky Bobby

Luck had nothing to do with it, Champions know when to win! When it counts the most!

did u ever think that Bearden got lucky four times? if Farragut winning state can be luck then that can be luck.

[/quot

Have you ever heard it's hard to beat a beam 3 times? Well, Bearden beat Farragut 4 times. You do not need to be on here talking smack. You are the one who just got kicked out of a basketball game for running your mouth. That's right, a fan, not a player. You need to be worring if you are getting kicked out of school. If anyone is wondering about this, go to the basketball threads and check it out. This isn't about an opinion, this is about a classless fan. Why don't you quit giving Farragut a black eye.

I will agree that Bearden may have been a better team on paper. However, I don't think that it is fair to call them a better team than Farragut when Farragut won state. I mean I geuss you could say that The UT basketball team was the best in the country when they beat Florida twice in the regular season. Granted Bearden did beat Farragut 4 times but one of them was in the district championship game when Farragut had no pitching left after using it all to get there. But i don't even know why they call the Farragut/ Bearden game a rivalry game in baseball. I mean those were the first times this millenium Farragut has lost to bearden. But in the end it all comes down to elimination games. Farraugut just knows how to win when they need to.

QUOTE(CU06 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826389847[/snapback]woo hoo!!! congrats to bearden on their four wins over farragut last year. their first wins over the admirals since 1999.

Your facts are a little off. They beat Farragut twice in 2001 for the regular season district championship. At that point Farragut started their run. It was a long time. 4 years. But, that's over.

QUOTE(Triplplaya @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826389935[/snapback]I will agree that Bearden may have been a better team on paper. However, I don't think that it is fair to call them a better team than Farragut when Farragut won state. I mean I geuss you could say that The UT basketball team was the best in the country when they beat Florida twice in the regular season. Granted Bearden did beat Farragut 4 times but one of them was in the district championship game when Farragut had no pitching left after using it all to get there. But i don't even know why they call the Farragut/ Bearden game a rivalry game in baseball. I mean those were the first times this millenium Farragut has lost to bearden. But in the end it all comes down to elimination games. Farraugut just knows how to win when they need to.

Wrong, get your facts straight. Farragut had two losses to Bearden in 2001. Farragut is the state champ, no doubt, but they could not beat Bearden in 4 tries. How are they a better team than Bearden? Bearden was eliminated by Karns, who, defeated Farragut for the Regional championship. As far as the District championship, whose fault was it that they ran out of pitching? I believe it was their own because of their losses. Bearden beat Farragut twice with Rob on the mound. Rob was credited with only one loss because he came in with the bases loaded in the second game, which is correct. Farragut is the state champ, but, Bearden was the better team. If you cannot beat them, you are not the better team.

are you just bitter because you failed to defeat Farragut in your sport. also i didnt get kicked out of school so no need to worry about that. so Bruce Pearl is classless as well. he has been ejected atleast twice from high school basketball games. for hmm.. yelling at the ref. everyone does it. the ref was just mad because he knew i was right.

i agree with Trip. UT was apparently the best team in the nation because they beat Florida twice. and i guess Boise State should be the national champion in football. because

Boise beat Oklahoma who beat Missouri who beat Ole Miss who Beat Vanderbilt who beat Georgia who beat Auburn who beat Florida. so that would make them the national champs.

that has nothing to do with this but i thought id throw that in there.

Id rather have a championship ring than 4 wins that ended up meaning nothing other than so u can run your mouth in here to say well atleast we didnt lose to you. so i guess this means if Bearden wins state in basketball then Farragut is really the best team because they didnt lose to Bearden. thats your logic.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826390260[/snapback]are you just bitter because you failed to defeat Farragut in your sport. also i didnt get kicked out of school so no need to worry about that. so Bruce Pearl is classless as well. he has been ejected atleast twice from high school basketball games. for hmm.. yelling at the ref. everyone does it. the ref was just mad because he knew i was right.

i agree with Trip. UT was apparently the best team in the nation because they beat Florida twice. and i guess Boise State should be the national champion in football. because

Boise beat Oklahoma who beat Missouri who beat Ole Miss who Beat Vanderbilt who beat Georgia who beat Auburn who beat Florida. so that would make them the national champs.

Id rather have a championship ring than 4 wins that ended up meaning nothing other than so u can run your mouth in here to say well atleast we didnt lose to you. so i guess this means if Bearden wins state in basketball then Farragut is really the best team because they didnt lose to Bearden. thats your logic.

Just like powell fan said, please do not respond to any of my responses.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826390260[/snapback]are you just bitter because you failed to defeat Farragut in your sport. also i didnt get kicked out of school so no need to worry about that. so Bruce Pearl is classless as well. he has been ejected atleast twice from high school basketball games. for hmm.. yelling at the ref. everyone does it. the ref was just mad because he knew i was right.

You my friend are clueless. After your vulgar display at the basketball game the other night, should stay off Coacht. You have run you mouth on the football, basketball and baseball threads with no logic. I seriously doubt the ref threw you out because you were right. Flipping off the stundent section of Powell was truly classless. I hope fans do not judge Farragut by your comments. You need to grow up.