District 6AA

Bledsoebtheboys

QUOTE(Bwinner @ May 1 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826448941[/snapback]Thats more like how I expected them to play big win for Seqatchie /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> t

They're very inconsistent, led 4-0 against Notre Dame but lost 5-4 in the 7th, were swept by Polk (no offense to Polk but they're not as strong as some teams around here), beat an Alabama team in Hendersonville that was 3-0 in their pool-after Sequatchie went 0-3 in their own pool, gave up one earned run in a loss to Beech-lost 7-0, shut out a pretty good Sale Creek team 3-0, leave 13 on base against Marion in a loss but beat them two other times, have 13 to 15 hits each against district opponents East Ridge, Marion, Bledsoe in the last week. There are more examples but that should explain the season to this point. Some of it's the fact the team is still young, I think in some games 7 or 8 in the lineup have been freshmen and sophomores. Some of it's just softball, there will be ups and downs. They have played a tough schedule with 10 games against Class AAA teams (Beech, Mt Juliet, Morristown West, Rhea among those) and virtually no pushovers (Howard, not every starter batted and some just batted once). They could have had a winning record with a softer schedule but it wouldn't have prepared them as well.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Indian @ May 1 2007 - 11:51 AM) 826449063[/snapback]I thought all district games had to be done by Tuesday, maybe Sequatchie wouldn't have had to cancel two home games to complete the district schedule.

I Thought coaches meet on Wednesday to go over the district tournment? Does anyone know how it district stands? I know Hixson is 8-0 don't know for sure about any one else. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Chattanooga Christian over Sequatchie 7-0. It was already tough enough having to play a good hitting team with a strong pitcher, but something evidently going around school really affected the team today. SS was sick and didn't even begin to start playing, starting pitcher, also a good hitter, could only go two innings, starting second baseman went out after two or three, and another player or two looked like they were starting to feel it in the last couple of innings. All of this appeared to just develop today, awful time for it. Two backups in the outfield that were in after the lineup had to be rearranged each made an error that cost a total of three runs, a normal outfielder having to start in the infield made an error that cost one, she did well other than that and was 2-3 batting. Three earned runs total by CCS but Sequatchie didn't score so that didn't make much of a difference. Team's third leading hitter and most effective pitcher in recent games was also out with an injury. CCS's leadoff Curtis was their main girl today, three hits. I think that puts Sequatchie fourth no matter what happens in other games.

notre dame did not forfeit to grundy. the game was rescheduled for today after some stubborness. notre dame won 1-0. notre dame scattered some hits here and there , scored the only run in the first inning, and grundy had 2 hits. from there, notre dame traveled to bledsoe and won 11-0. bledsoe had 1 or 2 hits and a few errors that cost some runs.

QUOTE(carlym @ May 1 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826449639[/snapback]notre dame did not forfeit to grundy. the game was rescheduled for today after some stubborness. notre dame won 1-0. notre dame scattered some hits here and there , scored the only run in the first inning, and grundy had 2 hits. from there, notre dame traveled to bledsoe and won 11-0. bledsoe had 1 or 2 hits and a few errors that cost some runs.

Ok is this any where close?

Hixson

Notre Dame

Chattanooga Christian

Sequatchie

East Ridge

Grundy

Bledsoe County

Marion County

Howard

Hixson (1) plays Bledsoe/Howard winner (8) at 5 Friday. Sequatchie (4) plays East Ridge (5) at 5 Friday. Those winners and those losers meet Monday. Chattanooga Christian (3) plays Grundy (6) at 7 Friday, Notre Dame (2) plays Marion (7) at 7 Friday. Those winners and losers meet Monday. Everything is double elimination other than Howard-Bledsoe play-in. Times are Eastern.

QUOTE(Indian @ May 3 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826450857[/snapback]Hixson (1) plays Bledsoe/Howard winner (8) at 5 Friday. Sequatchie (4) plays East Ridge (5) at 5 Friday. Those winners and those losers meet Monday. Chattanooga Christian (3) plays Grundy (6) at 7 Friday, Notre Dame (2) plays Marion (7) at 7 Friday. Those winners and losers meet Monday. Everything is double elimination other than Howard-Bledsoe play-in. Times are Eastern.

Thanks, but I have a question is 5AA format different if so why?

QUOTE(Indian @ May 3 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826450863[/snapback]I think each district can do theirs however they want, some have byes for the top 2 teams straight into second round, etc. With 9 teams it's easy to have a straight 1-8, 2-7, etc after a play-in.

Boy I hate to think I was Boyd Buch and had one bad game and was gone!

In some of the large districts the teams might only play once a year because of travel. That's how it is in 6AA softball actually but they can play more times if they want, they just have to determine in advance which ones count in district standings. In 5AA having a first round elimination format helps the top 4 with travel, if they finished top 4 they should be the favorites but anything can happen. I think 6AA might reshuffle again in a couple of years, I undertand Signal Mountain will be AA at least to start, Hixson could move to AAA because of redistricting and Red Bank has a chance to fall to AA if not enough are moved to replace the ones that start going to Signal Mountain.