District 6AA

Bledsoebtheboys

QUOTE(Indian @ May 3 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826450873[/snapback]In some of the large districts the teams might only play once a year because of travel. That's how it is in 6AA softball actually but they can play more times if they want, they just have to determine in advance which ones count in district standings. In 5AA having a first round elimination format helps the top 4 with travel, if they finished top 4 they should be the favorites but anything can happen. I think 6AA might reshuffle again in a couple of years, I undertand Signal Mountain will be AA at least to start, Hixson could move to AAA because of redistricting and Red Bank has a chance to fall to AA if not enough are moved to replace the ones that start going to Signal Mountain.

In district 5AA's preseason meeting it was determined that the tourney would be double elim after the 8 vs 9 playin game and the entire tourney would be played at Tyner May 3-5. At the meeting last Wed. to plan out the tourney Boyd, Sweetwater, Central and Polk changed this to the higher seed will host the first round and the first round will be single elim. Meigs, Sequoyah and Tellico still wanted double elim and play the thing at Tyner as planned. Tyner and Brainerd could care less and didn't vote either way so the single elim higher seed host was adopted even though the Tyner fields are reserved. What I would like to know is why this district has a preseason meeting if what is voted in is not what is done? My guess is the teams with one pitcher only want to drag this thing out as long as possible.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Softball Maven @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826446346[/snapback]I saw the game. IF Sequatchie keeps their senior pitcher off the mound and goes with the Freshman, they may win a game or two in the district. They have good bats, so-so defense. They did hit well but then a middle school team could have hit Marion's pitcher.

I would like to see softball maven try and hit off of Marion's freshman pitcher. With a comment like this a high fastball in the earhole would be nice.

QUOTE(MCHS1 @ May 7 2007 - 11:48 AM) 826453450[/snapback]ND won 3-1

I just saw were Marion beat up Grundy! After seeing Grundy give CCS all they wanted I was blow away with the score. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

today:

notre dame 4 eastridge 3

-extra inning; notre dame scored in the bottom of the 8th

sequatchie 4 marion 3

notre dame 4 sequatchie 2

ccs 4 hixson 3

tomorrow: hixson vs. notre dame and winner plays ccs for the championship.

Sequatchie beat Marion 3-2 with a double in the bottom of the sixth, after falling behind 2-0. Notre Dame beat Sequatchie 4-0. Notre Dame led 2-0, one earned going into the bottom of the sixth, added two more after Seq had to making a pitching change due to a player's wrist problems flaring back up, added two more. The extra runs didn't make a difference anyway as Seq only had two hits. Freshman pitcher allowed two runs, one earned in 8 innings today against Marion and ND, freshman CF had some likely run saving catches today and hit the HR off Millwood last night, freshman LF was 2-3 with a walk against Marion and had good catches in both games today, other younger and older players did well during the tournament especially against East Ridge and Marion. They were a bit overpowered by Long tonight and Millwood last night, but it's a very young roster so they have time to work in summer ball starting as early as next weekend and then for next year in the winter.

QUOTE(Indian @ May 9 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826455408[/snapback]Hixson is still in it, and I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to win it. Some of the moms for them and CCS need to calm down, though.

It should be mandatory after the season the girls get to play the parents 7 innings, winner take all.

QUOTE(Indian @ May 9 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826455408[/snapback]Hixson is still in it, and I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to win it. Some of the moms for them and CCS need to calm down, though.

Didn't get to see last night's game but I agree if Hixson can find some way and that's a BIG if to get past ND it would make a very interesting next game. I would like to say that I had the chance to catch some of Seq. games this week and think they done themselves proud! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />