10-AAA

ut18vols

Consolation : #6 Rossview 73 vs. #4 Northeast 77

Championship : #1 Clarksville 44 vs. #2 Springfield 41

District 10-AAA All-Tournament Team :

1. Clarksville - Tyrone Caldwell, Adam Barnes, Shaun Merriweather, Ryne Harper

2. Springfield - John Mark Hendricks, Jonathan Utley, Mantrell Robinson, Dontay Darden

3. Northeast - Telvin James, Rashawn Walker

4. Rossview - Darius Ingram, Jonathan Williams

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bellgo @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:03 AM) 826382285[/snapback]OH NO!! Springfield loses a close one and almost pulls the big upset. I saw the box score on The Tennessean website and it sounds like it was a nailbiter. Somebody must have had a good game plan going in. If someone was at the game, I need details to how it all went down.

Clarksville's Tyrone Caldwell had a rough night. Got good looks and was able to get to the rim but just wasnt hitting. Turned the ball over at times. Clarksville was probably tired from playing a very physical game with Northeast. Springfield made enough plays to hang around and eventually take the lead late in the 4th quarter but anyone who saw the game has to credit the kids from Clarksville for making every play needed to be made down the stretch.

Utley was a stud for springfield. Barnes made some key plays for Clarksville. Both teams should be in good shape for first round region games. Clarksville split with Gallatin so this should be a good game. I look for Caldwell to bounce back and play like his usual self. Played his butt off on Monday night vs Northeast, maybe he was tired.

Springfield was up 40-38 with the ball and under 1 minute to go. Springfield then turned it over and got an intentional foul on Clarksville's break away. Clarksville hit 1 of 2 fts. 40-39 SHS. Clarksville then throws it in a drives to the hoop and scores - and a blocking foul is called. Clarksville hits the ft. 42-40 CHS. Jonathan Utley gets fouled going to the hoop. Hits 1 of 2 fts. 42-41 CHS. Springfield rebounds the second ft, and sets up for a shot but turns it over. Tyrone Caldwell is fouled going the other way and hits 2 of 2 fts. 44-41 CHS. Springfield drives and misses a contested layup - Clarksville rebounds and the game ends.

QUOTE(bellgo @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:34 AM) 826382309[/snapback]I know in the last meeting with Springfield-Clarksville, the officiating was not very good. How was it this time? I bet Utley was a monster on the boards.

Since you asked it was not pretty again. I am not blaming this one all on the refs though. Springfield had their chances and should have put this one away despite the refs. They missed keys free throws and had two horrible possessions that lead to critical turnovers. On that "intentional foul" though, John Mark got fouled first and then he ran the floor and did get ball when he went up. All in all it was another game in Clarksville for the Yellow Jackets.

QUOTE(Lambchops @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826382841[/snapback]Since you asked it was not pretty again. I am not blaming this one all on the refs though. Springfield had their chances and should have put this one away despite the refs. They missed keys free throws and had two horrible possessions that lead to critical turnovers. On that "intentional foul" though, John Mark got fouled first and then he ran the floor and did get ball when he went up. All in all it was another game in Clarksville for the Yellow Jackets.

I thought for a championship game it was called well. I mean there are always gonna be points in the game when calls could be made but I dont think either coach could complain about the officiating. The "Intentional Foul" was the right call and Darden would agree. I think thats why he never made any ruckus when they called it but Hendricks completely wrapped his whole arms around the kid from Clarksville enroute to trying to get ball. I dont think he was trying to hurt him intentionally but in the rules of NFHS, that was the correct call. I think you have to give Clarksville alot of credit because they werent anywhere close to being at thier best. Monday night vs Northeast seem to have taken alot out of them and to play another physically athletic team back to back was tough. The championship game was what you could expect, hard nosed to the very end.

Another thing you have got to realize about what you are calling bad officiating is that officials are human and a lot of times they know who the better teams are before the games and who is supposed to win. And I have seen a lot of games where if it was a close call, they would end up giving it to the team that is supposed to be better. Fair? Not always, but thats just what happens sometimes.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826382950[/snapback]I thought for a championship game it was called well. I mean there are always gonna be points in the game when calls could be made but I dont think either coach could complain about the officiating. The "Intentional Foul" was the right call and Darden would agree. I think thats why he never made any ruckus when they called it but Hendricks completely wrapped his whole arms around the kid from Clarksville enroute to trying to get ball. I dont think he was trying to hurt him intentionally but in the rules of NFHS, that was the correct call.

I think the refs made some calls that should of been made and shouldnt of been made. Towards the end Hendricks was running around trying to get open and a CHS guy stopped and gave Hendricks a shoulder out of heck and knock him down, so SF passes it in, CHS gets a turnover on the pass in and Hendricks chases the guy w/ the ball and goes to hit the ball but hit his face. Their should of been a call when Hendricks was hit. Does anybody remember seeing it, I DO!!!

Also, CHS congrats, but forget yall cause its my most hated team. Overall the game was cool, but the refs simply made SOME BAD CALLS....yall can say a person of a loser team blames the refs but its was true.

QUOTE(ut18vols @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826383048[/snapback]I think the refs made some calls that should of been made and shouldnt of been made. Towards the end Hendricks was running around trying to get open and a CHS guy stopped and gave Hendricks a shoulder out of heck and knock him down, so SF passes it in, CHS gets a turnover on the pass in and Hendricks chases the guy w/ the ball and goes to hit the ball but hit his face. Their should of been a call when Hendricks was hit. Does anybody remember seeing it, I DO!!!

Also, CHS congrats, but forget yall cause its my most hated team. Overall the game was cool, but the refs simply made SOME BAD CALLS....yall can say a person of a loser team blames the refs but its was true.

Dont forget in the first half Corey Stanton steps on Clarksvilles #30's head. This was suppose to be "unintentional" as well but do we really know? It could have been called because the play was dead for a while. I dont know the kid personally and dont think he would do anything like that because I know Darden, his coaching staff, and the program are high character people but in the heat of the moment people will do what they have to do to get an edge. Thats just life, so you cant really say anything about a shove that was made.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Feb 21 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826383291[/snapback]Dont forget in the first half Corey Stanton steps on Clarksvilles #30's head. This was suppose to be "unintentional" as well but do we really know? It could have been called because the play was dead for a while. I dont know the kid personally and dont think he would do anything like that because I know Darden, his coaching staff, and the program are high character people but in the heat of the moment people will do what they have to do to get an edge. Thats just life, so you cant really say anything about a shove that was made.

Everything is of the past and we, as a district need to focus on winning regions. Good Luck to all and you can find me on the region 5-aaa board

QUOTE(ut18vols @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826384398[/snapback]Everything is of the past and we, as a district need to focus on winning regions. Good Luck to all and you can find me on the region 5-aaa board

You are so right..Just bringing up the fact that refs make mistakes and for the most part the 10-AAA championship game was called pretty good.

I hope its a 10-AAA sweep, highly unlikely but hopeful. I would like to see another CHS-Springfield championship game in the Region. With both teams going to state.