Unaka losses to HV?Is Snavely killing the program?

RangerFan77

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:20 AM) 826371416[/snapback]

I'm surprised you are still around! Especially, since Unaka is the ultimate embarrassment in basketball and still is in football. You've got to remember that eventhough you beat a very down Cloudland team last year, the Ranger football program is far from being considered a power. Especially after the thrashing from Hampton, a member of the Big Blue Alliance. Since you lost to Hampton, you may as well lost to Cloudland too. The Rangers couldn't even defend their home field against Hampton or Cosby for that matter. Remember one year can make a difference. We've got athletes that are swarming into the school like an F5 tornado. Real soon, Unaka will be the victims of countless beatings. I'm talking 72-13 beatings. You've got nothing but troublemakers coming into your programs. The Big Blue Alliance is dedicated to keeping the Rangers on the bottom, and if I was you, I wouldn't brag about baseball either. You played jv when you were a senior. You wouldn't even have made the varsity at Cloudand. Unaka basketball has been swept under the rug by Carter County. Whooooooooo!!

Why wouldn't I be around? I'm not a fair weather fan like you are... Maybe Jellico should replace Cloudland in the "Big Blue Allience"

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got this from radio guy. is this all of the team

Unaka Roster

11 Hunter Taylor 6'2 Jr.

12 Frankie Cobarrubias 5'6 Fr.

14 Jake Oliver 6'0 Jr.

20 Matthew Henegar 6'0 Fr.

23 Brandon Roper 6'0 Sr.

24 Jesse Smith 6'0 Jr.

25 Cody Smith 6'0 Jr. out for year i think

32 Cody Cornett 6'1 So.

40 Michael Bowers 6'2 So.

42 Andrew Church 6'0 Sr.

55 Drew Chambers 6'1 Fr.

u have 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. young team

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826371354[/snapback]

But king, didn't your beloved Highlanders lose to Chuckey Doak the other night? The same Chuckey Doak team that lost to Happy Valley twice and almost lost to Clinch?

But really. Coaching. Players. Its both. Unaka didn't show up last night. I guess they thought they would just walk in and win. Only one that seemed play any was Andrew. And whoever said it (can't remember who) is right. This Unaka team only has 7, maybe 8 players that can do anything more than just go out there and take up space. Theres where the coaching comes in. When you have numbers like that, you can't press for 4 quaters. You just cant do it. You have to play somewhat conservative. You can't play 6 or 7 players balls to the wall for the entire game. By the 4th quarter, they're done. Thats what happened up at Cloudland, against Central, and against Johnson County. There just wasn't enough in the tank. I can count how many times they've played strong deffense this year. on one hand though. Last night, I don't know what was going on. Half the 3 pointers Happy Valley took were airballs. But insted of going zone and making Happy Valley shoot, they ran whatever it was they were runnig and let Happy Vally drive inside for EASY lay-ups all night. But it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway as lazy as they were playing. Roper also hurt them cause he couldn't throw one in the ocean from outside, but insted of driving inside and at least trying to draw a foul, he just kept on shooting the 3. Then he got mad and he let it get to him. He started throwing elbows and making hacks that weren't called and forcing his shots. Also, when Happy Valley misses the foul shot and Smith rebounds it with 6 seconds left, why not call a time out? I know Snavely didn't use all 5. But insted they just dribbled it around backcourt and didn't even get a shot off. And lastly, that was the a very bad officiating crew. Maybe the worst I've seen all year. The old white headed guy obviosly wasn't going to call anything on Happy Valley, and the flat headed guy just dosen't know what he's doing. Happy Valley only had 1 team foul in the 2nd half until 56 seconds left. But, Unaka didn't play good enough to blame the refs. It just seemed like they flat out didn't care last night.

But more important than any of this, John Fine passed away this morning. Lets all PLEASE keep the Fine family in our thoughts and prayers.

lol. your boys got beat by happy valley.

QUOTE(blueeagle @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826371689[/snapback]

i got this from radio guy. is this all of the team

Unaka Roster

11 Hunter Taylor 6'2 Jr.

12 Frankie Cobarrubias 5'6 Fr.

14 Jake Oliver 6'0 Jr.

20 Matthew Henegar 6'0 Fr.

23 Brandon Roper 6'0 Sr.

24 Jesse Smith 6'0 Jr.

25 Cody Smith 6'0 Jr. out for year i think

32 Cody Cornett 6'1 So.

40 Michael Bowers 6'2 So.

42 Andrew Church 6'0 Sr.

55 Drew Chambers 6'1 Fr.

u have 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. young team

Not alot younger than Hamptons team with 2 senoir, 6 juniors, 2 soph, 1 freshman. Hampton average age 16.81, unakas average age 16.45

senior-18

Junior- 17

soph. - 16

Freshman-15

Looking at this, the age dont make that much differance.

QUOTE(Lord Vader @ Feb 13 2007 - 11:55 PM) 826371005[/snapback]

unbelievable talent? haha you make me giggle. church has not done anything all year. roper and lewis were the only two players they had and lewis is gone now. if you would have asked me at the start of the season on how unaka would do this year, i would have said that they will finish 4th in the conference. hampton, university high, and cloudland clearly have better teams. the rangers barely have mediocre talent. but there is no excuse for them to get beat by happy valley. HV has far, far below mediocre talent. i cant even name a single player on happy valley's team, no frickin joke...

tell everybody about your playing days little b.e. did you ever play varsity? no but you do a great job of bagging groceries

QUOTE(GotSpeed @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826371718[/snapback]

Not alot younger than Hamptons team with 2 senoir, 6 juniors, 2 soph, 1 freshman. Hampton average age 16.81, unakas average age 16.45

senior-18

Junior- 17

soph. - 16

Freshman-15

Looking at this, the age dont make that much differance.

i know 2 of the fresh are 14 and the 2 soph are 15 not one of those cases where they have been held back a year or so

QUOTE(RangerFan77 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826370831[/snapback]

How can Unaka take a Loss to Hv?Hv is the worst team in the region right now.Honestly Snavely has no idea what he is doing because u just dont get beat by HV because the reffs or becasue u have a bad night shooting.He has got unbeliveable talent with andrew church and brandon roper as two of the best shooters in the county. The program has went way down hill since Snavely took over and it dont look like its gonna change anytime soon.

You are IGNORANT and STUPID! You have no idea what you are talking about. Number one there is NO talent on this team. The two seniors are role players and they did not make enough shots ti beat HV. Number two- the program has been at the top for a long time and this was all started by Coach Snavely and was taken to the next level by Coach Ensor. It is impossible to do good every year, the talent is just down. Get a clue Retard.

QUOTE(bouncepass @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826371641[/snapback]

Ranger77 who would you suggest as the head coach? If you could pick from any coach in the county who would it be?

What happened to #15 Sheets? Is he still playing? With him and Smith out of the lineup, that's a tough lick for a team already partially down. We were already down at NG this year and then lost about 6-7 guys in our lineup for some of the late season games. Hard to come together like that.

IN REPLY TO RANGERPARENT:

You are STUPID and IGNORANT TOO! You do not have a clue. Coach Snavely is responsible for bringing PRIDE to the Stoney Creek Community. It would be this way this year no matter who was coaching. I'm sure you are an angry parent that never played for this program, who has no clue what it is about and the history. Probably just mad cause the coach got on "little johnny" to much or maybe they did the right thing and ran "little johnny" off or benched him. Let me tell you something... and I quote.. "a program is NOT built on one season or one player, it is built on multiple seasons. The coach did the right thing, but because he did the RIGHT thing the team and coach's have suffered this season. They had 11 players that could play at the start of the season, 6 out of 11 are gone, 4 due to disiplinary problems and 2 to injury. It is easy to point the finger when you lose, but no one can win all the time. In Coach Snavely's defense he has had a tough time and bad luck this year and also took over less than a month before the season started, but he is a good coach, teacher, and man...I know because I played for him....he made a man out of me and a lot of other people. And on top of that no coach has ever had a gymnasium named after him that was not an exceptional coach.

Second, Roper is a good HIGH SCHOOL player, but he is not college material. His game is not complete in every aspect. No disrespect to him, he has done well considering the circumstances this year. Nex Coach Minton has done well, but he is young and still learning, he will be a really good coach one day. It is very easy to become frustrated with the Rangers this year, I am...I am a true Ranger fan that bleeds maroon, but the program is in good hands even though they have stunk this year. We will be back on top.

QUOTE(H-Town34 @ Feb 14 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826371232[/snapback]

beyond the bad coaching and bad officiating excuses that youall always seem to make up. did it ever occur to you creekers that maybe you all just arent good enough to beat happy valley?... why do you people who know nothing get on here and talk about what the coach is doing wrong, like you have the knowledge to criticize someone who has been coaching longer than most of youall have been alive... and who ever was praising the assistants more than the head coach has got to be on them good stoney creek drugs because the head coach is all that unaka has going for them right now, no not the assistants... maybe unaka's players just wont listen to snavely. why dosent that excuse ever come up, it's always the coachs fault; never your own kids always somebody else. a coach can only do so much... i know for a fact that snavely knows how to win games. however, what few players unaka has dont have the talent, desire or leadership to win...

Good post, this guy makes since. Everyone always blames the coach if a team is no good.

I think we at Unaka have a great coaching staff both boys and girls. I also feel that way about the softball, football and baseball programs. Unaka will be back on top more sooner than some people think. I commend Coach Snavely and his staff for doing something that very few would have been willing to do. They're going to do it the right way.

I have a very young one in the program and he needs to take it upon himself to take the necessary steps to make himself a better player. He's willing and so are many others. I know that this coaching staff has worked hard to try and make him a better player. More important, they've made him a better young man. What more could you ask for? If he learns about doing things the right way and hard work, winning will take care of itself.

To all the players, best of luck in the tournament.

This season is not over yet. Anything can happen. Instead of bashing these coaches, why not take the time to say thank you for taking an interest in the kids.

And to each player, be willing to do whatever it takes to make your team better. Freshmen, if you don't play much in games, push the others and make them work hard in practice. The same goes for sophomore, junior and senior players.

Do you think those Cloudland boys cared what they're record was last season? No, the bottom line is that they made it to Murfreesboro.

To all the Carter County teams. best of luck to each one of you.

As for Ranger parents and fans, these young men and coaches need your support. A true Unaka fan will stand behind these kids and coaches.

I challenge every Stoney Creeker to come out and support these kids on Friday night against North Greene.

A Sullvan Central-like performance could provide a pleasant surprise for some of these over confident posters.

QUOTE(Landshark @ Feb 14 2007 - 03:11 PM) 826371757[/snapback]

You are IGNORANT and STUPID! You have no idea what you are talking about. Number one there is NO talent on this team. The two seniors are role players and they did not make enough shots ti beat HV. Number two- the program has been at the top for a long time and this was all started by Coach Snavely and was taken to the next level by Coach Ensor. It is impossible to do good every year, the talent is just down. Get a clue Retard.

No. YOU are acting like the ignorant one. Roper and Church role players? They're two of the best shooters in the area. This team has some talent. They just don't want to use it... And the fans are entitled to be ticked off they want to be. Getting beat by a team as bad as Happy Valley is inexcusable. Its embaressing.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Feb 14 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826371860[/snapback]

No. YOU are acting like the ignorant one. Roper and Church role players? They're two of the best shooters in the area. This team has some talent. They just don't want to use it... And the fans are entitled to be ticked off they want to be. Getting beat by a team as bad as Happy Valley is inexcusable. Its embaressing.

Yes they are good shooters but they do not have a good team. Maybe not role players, just good high scholl basketball players on a bad team. Best of luck to Unaka in the tournaments, I look for a strong post season. Go Rangers!

Announcements