early predictions

LXFAN

Are we talking about all 8 teams getting into the playoffs, or just the final four? Interms of the final four in contension for state, I think- in no particular order- MBA-McCallie-Ravenwood-MUS. For other teams getting in, Father Ryan should make playoffs again, as well as CBHS. I heard that CBHS's defese was a little weak but I don't have a strong reference. Their attack should be pretty good with Franklin returning and maybe Cassidy playing on it, if he doesnt move back to middie. They have a decent goalie which will help the. Houston lost 18 seniors, so I have no idea how they will fair in the season, or what talent they have coming back. I did hear that a lot of players for brentwood should be playing JV, so yes that was right, it should be a rebuilding year for them. I haven't heard anything on WEBB or USN, they most likely shouldn't be very strong, but I could be wrong. And I haven't heard anything on Farragut eiter, so I have no idea how good they will be. Oh, I wonder how Ravenwood will fair when their senior class leaves? Is their JR class very strong? I have heard that it isn't. A lot of poeple talk down about Ryan, but they could be better than you may think. They will be about average again, but deffinetly should make playoffs again. The Junior class should come on strong, and it shouldn't be an easy game against them.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mulloy5 @ Feb 18 2007 - 12:46 PM) 826377466[/snapback]Are we talking about all 8 teams getting into the playoffs, or just the final four? Interms of the final four in contension for state, I think- in no particular order- MBA-McCallie-Ravenwood-MUS. For other teams getting in, Father Ryan should make playoffs again, as well as CBHS. I heard that CBHS's defese was a little weak but I don't have a strong reference. Their attack should be pretty good with Franklin returning and maybe Cassidy playing on it, if he doesnt move back to middie. They have a decent goalie which will help the. Houston lost 18 seniors, so I have no idea how they will fair in the season, or what talent they have coming back. I did hear that a lot of players for brentwood should be playing JV, so yes that was right, it should be a rebuilding year for them. I haven't heard anything on WEBB or USN, they most likely shouldn't be very strong, but I could be wrong. And I haven't heard anything on Farragut eiter, so I have no idea how good they will be. Oh, I wonder how Ravenwood will fair when their senior class leaves? Is their JR class very strong? I have heard that it isn't. A lot of poeple talk down about Ryan, but they could be better than you may think. They will be about average again, but deffinetly should make playoffs again. The Junior class should come on strong, and it shouldn't be an easy game against them.

I think Ravenwood may slip a little in 2008, they have a great senior class. Their junior class may be small, but I heard they had over 70 kids come out this year and for the first time had to cut kids. If they can keep their coaching staff, I think they will remain one of the better teams. They seem to have good support from Ravenwood High School (better than other Williamson Co Schools) and have established a tradition of having a strong Lacrosse team. I know players moving to Nashville have selected the Ravenwood school district because of their strong reputation.

QUOTE(BankofDad @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826380913[/snapback]I think Ravenwood may slip a little in 2008, they have a great senior class. Their junior class may be small, but I heard they had over 70 kids come out this year and for the first time had to cut kids. If they can keep their coaching staff, I think they will remain one of the better teams. They seem to have good support from Ravenwood High School (better than other Williamson Co Schools) and have established a tradition of having a strong Lacrosse team. I know players moving to Nashville have selected the Ravenwood school district because of their strong reputation.

Thats the thing about Ravenwood i wish more schools had and thats support from the school. Not just in lacrosse but in all sports. It seems like lately the schools have been slacking in that area and havent been too into sports, but Ravenwood has continued supporting athletics.

QUOTE(tornadowarnin @ Feb 18 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826377384[/snapback]all you guys with MBA on top might wanna rethink that, cuz McCallie had a player on suspension last year and would have probly won state, but this year its gonna be McCallie dominating through the Big Red of MBA

...for some reason, I seem to remember the MBA vs McCallie regular season game in which that suspended player did play for McCallie...and MBA won the game 15-8... just a thought

QUOTE(LXFAN @ Feb 14 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826371664[/snapback]Anyone have any early predictions for Playoffs this year???

There are certainly some good games early that could thin the herd.......or give a good indication....

Tomorrow Centennial/Franklin

This weekend

Brentwood/Webb Knox

Brentwood/ West Knox

McCallie/Westminister

Franklin/Louisville Collegiate

QUOTE(BankofDad @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826392921[/snapback]There are certainly some good games early that could thin the herd.......or give a good indication....

Tomorrow Centennial/Franklin

This weekend

Brentwood/Webb Knox

Brentwood/ West Knox

McCallie/Westminister

Franklin/Louisville Collegiate

Franklin/Centennial Canceled for today, no word on rescheduling yet.