Peter Forsburg

dandy82

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game Sat nite.... Playoff atmosphere in the GEC.. The Forsburg line played great and you could tell they have had a few days practice together.

The Detroit team took several cheap shots, though, during the game, but our guys kept their composure and got the win.... The only people intimidated on the ice were the officials. Sissy Chelios sticked Tootoo in the head and the officials swallowed the whistle....But I imagine, somewhere down the line, payback will be a #%#@$%.

Preds played another outstanding game last nite in the Shark tank. After weathering the early storm from a talented San Jose team, my Preds played the type of hockey it will take to go deep into the playoffs. Rads is getting more ice time right now with the injuries to Hartnell ( broken foot, gone 4-6 weeks) and Sullivan (back spasms) looked good, scoring in the shootout. The Forsburg line is playing better together as Erat had a goal. We also shut down their all star line of Cheechoo, Guerin (fron St Louis in trade), and Thorton, as the Sharks scored on the power play for their goals and were held in check 5 on 5. The Sharks have an amazing power play and we took TOO many penalties again, but found enough to win after falling behind 2-1. Preds win, 4-3, in a shootout. If you have never witnessed a shootout it is fun to watch.... Oh, And TV (Thomas Vokoun) looked like his normal self, with several key saves. The Shark goalie also played well, robbing Kariya from the slot with less than a second in the game.

QUOTE(dandy82 @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826394753[/snapback]Preds played another outstanding game last nite in the Shark tank. After weathering the early storm from a talented San Jose team, my Preds played the type of hockey it will take to go deep into the playoffs. Rads is getting more ice time right now with the injuries to Hartnell ( broken foot, gone 4-6 weeks) and Sullivan (back spasms) looked good, scoring in the shootout. The Forsburg line is playing better together as Erat had a goal. We also shut down their all star line of Cheechoo, Guerin (fron St Louis in trade), and Thorton, as the Sharks scored on the power play for their goals and were held in check 5 on 5. The Sharks have an amazing power play and we took TOO many penalties again, but found enough to win after falling behind 2-1. Preds win, 4-3, in a shootout. If you have never witnessed a shootout it is fun to watch.... Oh, And TV (Thomas Vokoun) looked like his normal self, with several key saves. The Shark goalie also played well, robbing Kariya from the slot with less than a second in the game.

That save on the Kariya wrist shot with 1 sec to go in OT by Nobukov will be one of the "best saves of the year highlight reel" for sure. Way to go Preds, finally winning at the "tank" after 7 unsuccessful attempts. I thought that Tootoo who played wing with Arnott and Fiddler and Rad (since Fiddler is filling in for Hartnell and Tootoo for Sullivan) looked great. I love to watch him crash the net with abandon which I wish others would do more. I agree dandy, the way the preds are playing now even with 2 20+ scorers out should get them deep into the playoffs. Forsberg is looking alot more comfortable and aggressive out there and Erat, PK along with Vouky are all looking like their oldselves. Now if we can stop with all the box time because of careless penalties we'll be in business. Did you see where the San Jose coach said "the penalties killed the sharks because Nashville wasn't really effective any other time except during the power-play. " When did he think his team scored their goals? Hmmm seems like it was the power-play. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I wanted to remind him that the Preds were pretty effective during OT with 9 shots on goal and especially during the shoot-out...but then again he probably woke up this morning, looked at the box scores and remembered all on his own. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(dandy82 @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826394753[/snapback]Preds played another outstanding game last nite in the Shark tank. After weathering the early storm from a talented San Jose team, my Preds played the type of hockey it will take to go deep into the playoffs. Rads is getting more ice time right now with the injuries to Hartnell ( broken foot, gone 4-6 weeks) and Sullivan (back spasms) looked good, scoring in the shootout. The Forsburg line is playing better together as Erat had a goal. We also shut down their all star line of Cheechoo, Guerin (fron St Louis in trade), and Thorton, as the Sharks scored on the power play for their goals and were held in check 5 on 5. The Sharks have an amazing power play and we took TOO many penalties again, but found enough to win after falling behind 2-1. Preds win, 4-3, in a shootout. If you have never witnessed a shootout it is fun to watch.... Oh, And TV (Thomas Vokoun) looked like his normal self, with several key saves. The Shark goalie also played well, robbing Kariya from the slot with less than a second in the game.

awesome atmosphere

Proud of the Preds last nite against the mighty s ucks..... No Leggy, Poppy, Hartnell, Arnott, Sullivan, playing back end of a back to back against an elite team in their barn and came away with a point.... TV looked like his old self, except for the 5 hole in the shootout.

The mighty s ucks gooned it up a bit, as they have a tendancy to do against us for some reason. Here's to wishing we catch them in the playoffs at some point and cleaning their clocks....

QUOTE(dandy82 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826400503[/snapback]Proud of the Preds last nite against the mighty s ucks..... No Leggy, Poppy, Hartnell, Arnott, Sullivan, playing back end of a back to back against an elite team in their barn and came away with a point.... TV looked like his old self, except for the 5 hole in the shootout.

The mighty s ucks gooned it up a bit, as they have a tendancy to do against us for some reason. Here's to wishing we catch them in the playoffs at some point and cleaning their clocks....

Go Wings!

QUOTE(dandy82 @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826402389[/snapback]Holstrom is out for the Dead things. He kills us. I haven't read anything today, but I would hope Arnott would be back and possibly either Foppy and/or Leggy...

I read that Arnott and Leggy are probable for tonite...Foppa is doubtful and Sullivan and Hartnell are out. Detroit is also hurting with 5 out so I guess we'll find out just who has the deepest bench. Go Preds!

QUOTE(Lions4ever @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826402393[/snapback]I read that Arnott and Leggy are probable for tonite...Foppa is doubtful and Sullivan and Hartnell are out. Detroit is also hurting with 5 out so I guess we'll find out just who has the deepest bench. Go Preds!

A win tonite, imo, is necessary for us. The Dead Things schedule for the remainder of the year is much easier than ours, so the 4 point lead would be huge. The presidents trophy is not the Cup, but it would be nice to win. Got my playoff tics all in order. it is our year...I can feel it. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />