PrepXtra Top 10

ihavenofriendzz

My Top 10

1. Austin East- beat Fulton in Championship

2. Fulton- barely lost to Fulton, don't be surprised if they see Austin East one more time.

3. Greeneville- Have not seen play, but will give them benefit of the doubt.

4. Maryville- Seems to be peeking at the right time.

5. Farragut- Had a bad night and lost to a good Maryville team. Again, don't be surpirsed if they see Maryville one more time.

6. Karns- Pulled off upset after upset this week. Plays William Blount Saturday.

7. Powell- Tough game Saturday at Farragut.

8. Oak Ridge- Could be one of the best teams around, but can't shoot the ball well.

9. Pigeon Forge- Give them credit until they loose, could possibly make it to state.

10. Loudon- Like Maryville, seems to be peeking at the right time.

10. Halls- Must have had a bad night, but they always seem to fade at tournament time.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BBallFan31 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826384330[/snapback]My Top 10

1. Austin East- beat Fulton in Championship

2. Fulton- barely lost to Fulton, don't be surprised if they see Austin East one more time.

3. Greeneville- Have not seen play, but will give them benefit of the doubt.

4. Maryville- Seems to be peeking at the right time.

5. Farragut- Had a bad night and lost to a good Maryville team. Again, don't be surpirsed if they see Maryville one more time.

6. Karns- Pulled off upset after upset this week. Plays William Blount Saturday.

7. Powell- Tough game Saturday at Farragut.

8. Oak Ridge- Could be one of the best teams around, but can't shoot the ball well.

9. Pigeon Forge- Give them credit until they loose, could possibly make it to state.

10. Loudon- Like Maryville, seems to be peeking at the right time.

10. Halls- Must have had a bad night, but they always seem to fade at tournament time.

I almost agree. Pigeon Forge did loose in the district and will be on the road in the first round of the region. They have benefitted from a weak schedule. So I would drop them out of the top 10. Move Loudon to 5 because they are tough and peaking at the right time.

1. A.E. Depth, Defense and size will lead them to the state

2. Greenville Some say a one man show. But the others will contribute enough.

3. Maryville Peaking at a good time. Well coached.

4. Fulton Great shooters but lack of rebounding and inside scoreing could spell doom for the Falcons.

5. Loudon Very athletic. made a run last year don't be surprised if they make a run this year as well. Playing well right now.

6. Halls Had an off night. If they can get by Bearden I look for them in the sub state

7. Farragut Never am convinced they will be a force. In my mind they always underachieve

8. Karns Had a great run but it is about to come to an end. Henson did a tremendous coaching job. Coach of the year in my mind.

9. O.R What ups! Lack of shooters is killing them.

10. Powell Better than they play. Too inconsistent to be a threat in post season. But they do have the talent. Played two good games back to back vs. Fulton and Bearden then layed an egg in the District.

Close P.F., Catholic, Bearden, A.C., Alcoa

i forgot to add on mine that the KNS has been looking for a reson to have Maryville in the top 5. early in the year they had Maryville up there even though they had lost a few times but they slowly moved down but now that they won a big game they will go right back to the top. a little ridiculous logic but thats the way the PrepXtra works IMO. they probably had Maryville ranked high at first because Maples and Douglas werent playing. i dunno thats just what i think. i dont think Maryville should be ranked ahead of Farragut but they will be. I guess we will see tomorrow.

QUOTE(GovMan @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826384291[/snapback]Can't argue with your logic "ihavenofriendz". And I know OR lost twice, BUT, just for me at least ... if I'm a coach (and I'm not) there are still 5-6 teams in your top 10 that I would rather take my chances at playing on any given night as opposed to playing Oak Ridge. Potential is a dangerous word and when you don't play up to it (i.e. Oak Ridge this past week) you often lose. But, if they are ON and playing their brand of basketball, Oak Ridge is as good as anyone is the area I think. We'll find out real quick, because their season could be over in a couple of days!!!

Yep I am afraid Maryvilles season will be over Saturday and WB just starting after Saturday night. Oak Ridge is the most dangerous team in the region. WB should handle Karns as the regions flip flopped.

QUOTE(redandblack63 @ Feb 22 2007 - 02:11 PM) 826384624[/snapback]I almost agree. Pigeon Forge did loose in the district and will be on the road in the first round of the region. They have benefitted from a weak schedule. So I would drop them out of the top 10. Move Loudon to 5 because they are tough and peaking at the right time.

1. A.E. Depth, Defense and size will lead them to the state

2. Greenville Some say a one man show. But the others will contribute enough.

3. Maryville Peaking at a good time. Well coached.

4. Fulton Great shooters but lack of rebounding and inside scoreing could spell doom for the Falcons.

5. Loudon Very athletic. made a run last year don't be surprised if they make a run this year as well. Playing well right now.

6. Halls Had an off night. If they can get by Bearden I look for them in the sub state

7. Farragut Never am convinced they will be a force. In my mind they always underachieve

8. Karns Had a great run but it is about to come to an end. Henson did a tremendous coaching job. Coach of the year in my mind.

9. O.R What ups! Lack of shooters is killing them.

10. Powell Better than they play. Too inconsistent to be a threat in post season. But they do have the talent. Played two good games back to back vs. Fulton and Bearden then layed an egg in the District.

Close P.F., Catholic, Bearden, A.C., Alcoa

I could possibly see Loudon at 10, but no higher.

QUOTE(BosemanWBFan @ Feb 22 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826384826[/snapback]Yep I am afraid Maryvilles season will be over Saturday and WB just starting after Saturday night. Oak Ridge is the most dangerous team in the region. WB should handle Karns as the regions flip flopped.

That's funny bosemanWBFan. Maryville just destroyed Oak Ridge and WB isn't that good. I know it's unusual but lay your hatred of Maryville to the side for a few days and come and pull for them.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 22 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826384754[/snapback]i forgot to add on mine that the KNS has been looking for a reson to have Maryville in the top 5. early in the year they had Maryville up there even though they had lost a few times but they slowly moved down but now that they won a big game they will go right back to the top. a little ridiculous logic but thats the way the PrepXtra works IMO. they probably had Maryville ranked high at first because Maples and Douglas werent playing. i dunno thats just what i think. i dont think Maryville should be ranked ahead of Farragut but they will be. I guess we will see tomorrow.

Yeah....I agree ihavenofriendzz... at 25 and 6 Maryville shouldn't be ranked. Even after THUMPING Farragut there is no way they should be ranked ahead of the Admirals.......

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Feb 24 2007 - 08:36 PM) 826387608[/snapback]your right. Farragut didnt beat the twice or anything. and they didnt THUMP them. Farragut was ahead by 10 in the first half with ease. then started jacking up 3s when they didnt need to and let Maryville get a bigger lead. ur an idiot.

I guess the Maryville defense didn't have anything to do with it.... Your logic is bad and your posting behavior is comical. As for the name calling....here is some advice...learn to spell before referencing ANYBODY as an idiot.....