Region one predictions for next year

footballwrestler

QUOTE(footballwrestler @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:14 PM) 826375137[/snapback]

Any predictions for next season? Who to look out for, and state contenders? Region one got handled at state, will we be more competitive next season?

yeah i hope we are i do not know what happened but it wasnt pretty and i say Matt King makes it a region1 and region2 showdown at 103 him and Jeremy Miller in the state finals

QUOTE(the wrestler @ Feb 17 2007 - 01:00 AM) 826375668[/snapback]are you kidding me. theres is no way this is an actual thread

How can this seriously not be a topic? Matt King and Joel Brimer are the only returning medalist while region one loses

Rodriquez(Morristown East)

Robbins(Jeff Co.)

Kuykendall(West Greene)

C. Myers(Greeneville)

Tilson(Greeneville)

Jennings(Greeneville)

Drish(Science Hill)

Murray(Science Hill)

Tapia(Science Hill)

Wheeler(Sullivan East)

Nacos(Sullivan East)

Davis(Dobyns Bennett)

Is there any others im missing?

I think Greeneville team to beat. King and Brimer only returning medalist. Arrington will be a force.

Kole Bishop from sully east will be a force. Both the Mann boys from D.B. could be medalist contenders. Justin Myers another contender. Science Hill will have a few. Will Haynes may come back in great health and a new focus. Churchman from Jeff. may be ready. Fleming and Preston from D.B. should be getting close. Kilgore from M.W. 189 may make the move to the next level. Eliz. Coggins, Pearce A. Richardson could come along. There could be 20 kids from reg. 1 make the move if they are willing to work for it. But we could have draws like we had in 2007. We won a ton of 1st round matches, then 2nd round caught up with us, and our guys did not pull us.

Look at what Robbins and Potter had in the second round. Both had returnung medalist and one the eventual champion. Potter went on to place 3rd. Robbins fell to 6th after a hard fought match, and Youngs closest match. Caleb Myers had a monster draw for a 2x medalist and top seed. We hope Caleb is doing well and has a great college career if he wants one. He has represented Greeneville High and Reg. 1 well. All though Zack Potter seems to get very little respect on these boards he has represented Betsy and reg. 1 well. 2008 will be a good year look how well Green. and the Hill did at the duals. We are a stronger region and have better wrestling. Look at 130 and 135 and 285 at our reg. tourney. 189 103 112 119 140 160 171 all had several quality competitors. How many days till we do it again. I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!

QUOTE(Drem2Achev @ Feb 18 2007 - 11:29 PM) 826378613[/snapback]I think Greeneville team to beat. King and Brimer only returning medalist. Arrington will be a force.

Kole Bishop from sully east will be a force. Both the Mann boys from D.B. could be medalist contenders. Justin Myers another contender. Science Hill will have a few. Will Haynes may come back in great health and a new focus. Churchman from Jeff. may be ready. Fleming and Preston from D.B. should be getting close. Kilgore from M.W. 189 may make the move to the next level. Eliz. Coggins, Pearce A. Richardson could come along. There could be 20 kids from reg. 1 make the move if they are willing to work for it. But we could have draws like we had in 2007. We won a ton of 1st round matches, then 2nd round caught up with us, and our guys did not pull us.

Look at what Robbins and Potter had in the second round. Both had returnung medalist and one the eventual champion. Potter went on to place 3rd. Robbins fell to 6th after a hard fought match, and Youngs closest match. Caleb Myers had a monster draw for a 2x medalist and top seed. We hope Caleb is doing well and has a great college career if he wants one. He has represented Greeneville High and Reg. 1 well. All though Zack Potter seems to get very little respect on these boards he has represented Betsy and reg. 1 well. 2008 will be a good year look how well Green. and the Hill did at the duals. We are a stronger region and have better wrestling. Look at 130 and 135 and 285 at our reg. tourney. 189 103 112 119 140 160 171 all had several quality competitors. How many days till we do it again. I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!

well said, isnt Will Haynes a senior this year???