District 14AAA Tournament at Craigmont High School

janinelpn2

In the 14AAA Tournament today, (#3)Cordova defeated (#6) Arlington without any problems (not sure of the score), (#2)Bartlett defeated (#7)Raleigh Egypt 67-19, and (#4)Craigmont defeated (#5)Bolton 54-51 in a game that was nip and tuck until the end.

Tournament play resumes on Monday, February 19 with (#1)Millington vs (#4) Craigmont and (#2) Bartlett vs (#3) Cordova. Both of these games should be very good games.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(janinelpn2 @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826375361[/snapback]

In the 14AAA Tournament today, (#3)Cordova defeated (#6) Arlington without any problems (not sure of the score), (#2)Bartlett defeated (#7)Raleigh Egypt 67-19, and (#4)Craigmont defeated (#5)Bolton 54-51 in a game that was nip and tuck until the end.

Tournament play resumes on Monday, February 19 with (#1)Millington vs (#4) Craigmont and (#2) Bartlett vs (#3) Cordova. Both of these games should be very good games.

Great job with the layout janinelpn2. Cordova and Bartlett looked really good today. Craigmont and Bolton was a very entertaining game. It came down to the wire. Monday should be a fun day for 14AAA

I have the score 71-23 Cordova beat Arlington. Ill tell u what R Egypt and Arlington will never quit no matter what the score is. Coachgat good to see ya again tonight. How come the higher seed didnt get a homegame in the frist round if u dont mind me asking thanks. Monday everything kicks off at 2 with Millington and Craigmont. Followed by Bartlett and Cordova, sure is hard to beat a team 3 times in a season.

QUOTE(BARTLETTHSGRAD04 @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826375667[/snapback]I have the score 71-23 Cordova beat Arlington. Ill tell u what R Egypt and Arlington will never quit no matter what the score is. Coachgat good to see ya again tonight. How come the higher seed didnt get a homegame in the frist round if u dont mind me asking thanks. Monday everything kicks off at 2 with Millington and Craigmont. Followed by Bartlett and Cordova, sure is hard to beat a team 3 times in a season.

Today is the big day. Should be some very good games played in 14 AAA today. I pray that we have no injuries and that sportsmanship is demonstrated throughout the tourney. Have fun ladies and gentlemen!

QUOTE(MarkH @ Feb 19 2007 - 05:46 PM) 826379515[/snapback]First game on Monday goes to Millington 68-24. Ashley Robinson led the way with 25. Millington will play the Bartlett-Cordova winner Tuesday night at 7:30 in championship game.

Bartlett defeated Cordova in the 2nd semifinal by a score of 70 to 53. Ashley Herring and Jasmine James provided the knock out punch with Ashley pouring in 27 and Jasmine 30. The rest of the team did their part to secure a victory tonight by doing the little things that don't show up in the box scores. Bartlett will face Millington in the championship game Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. This will be the 3rd meeting of the year for these teams and it should be a great one.

QUOTE(janinelpn2 @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826380115[/snapback]Bartlett defeated Cordova in the 2nd semifinal by a score of 70 to 53. Ashley Herring and Jasmine James provided the knock out punch with Ashley pouring in 27 and Jasmine 30. The rest of the team did their part to secure a victory tonight by doing the little things that don't show up in the box scores. Bartlett will face Millington in the championship game Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. This will be the 3rd meeting of the year for these teams and it should be a great one.

This should be a great one. Let's have some fun!

Those of you who are familiar with this region--how do you think 14AAA teams will fare against 13AAA in regionals? It is my impression that 14AAA will bowl over the 13AAA opponents, but I am not very familiar with the 13AAA teams. Any predictions?

Also, while 4 teams come out of each district, is it 2 teams that come out of each region to go to Murfreesboro?

Good luck to all the teams. Any team playing at this point should be commended.

QUOTE(martell @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826380915[/snapback]Those of you who are familiar with this region--how do you think 14AAA teams will fare against 13AAA in regionals? It is my impression that 14AAA will bowl over the 13AAA opponents, but I am not very familiar with the 13AAA teams. Any predictions?

Also, while 4 teams come out of each district, is it 2 teams that come out of each region to go to Murfreesboro?

Good luck to all the teams. Any team playing at this point should be commended.

Like all the other regions in Tennessee, the two teams that come out of each region will play a sectional game (sub-state) against two teams from another region. In West Tennessee, Region VII winner will host the Region VIII runner up, while the Region VIII winner will host the Region VII runner up. The winners of these two games will actually go to Murfreesboro. They will go into the state tournament bracket based on the previously announced draw. For the past several years both of these teams have come from Region VIII. Which teams are likely to represent West Tennessee this year is anybody's guess right now.

Bartlett won in high fashion. I tip my hat to the coaching staff and most importantly the players of the lady panthers of Bartlett. You all brought your A game. I think they won by 48 or 49 or something like that. It was ugly from start to finish! Ouch! Hard to sit down after a butt whoopin like that. On a serious note though. I have a good group of young ladies and they will bounce back. Overall 14AAA had a great tournament. Now, we are off to the Regional tournament. Let's represent!