Franklin/Centennial: 11aaa Title Game

Jim Harrick

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826379787[/snapback]Wow! I mean honestly! Wow! I really don't know where to start with this one. Did your mother drop you on your head at a young age? Did you enter a thermometer-drinking contest? I honestly cannot explain how you can be so ignorant.

A smackdown?!? Please say you are posting that as a joke. Did you forget about last game? We went to overtime! I know we lost, but still, how can you say it will be a smackdown after a game like that? This game is over at halftime huh? I kind of hope so, because we were up by 10 at halftime last time.

Yeah, if you take out Kelly, we struggle. Execpt, when was the last time anyone contained Drew Kelly? And are you Coach Kelly's personal assistant or something? How do you know what we are gonna do? And we've been playing the man-to-man all year and were 23-8, so obviously it seems to be working okay. And when we slow the pace, WE GET BETTER, NOT WORSE. We turn the ball when we try to hurry and force plays. Honestly, please research a team before you do a whole in-depth analysis for them. The only thing that was missing from that post was that 30+ margin of victory. It's a new season, neutral site, anything can happen.

Well everyone is entitled to their own. I watched you guys sneak by Hillsboro in OT. You were very lucky to win that one. Kelly is a nice player but are you saying he can't be stopped? Just wait till you guys play WC or McGavock you talk about a SMACKDOWN. I do give you credit for improving. The Harris kid has improved lots and is a real force defensively around the basket. I am much more concerned about him than anyone else on Centennials team.

We will find out tomorrow night.

And CHS crazies good luck the rest of the way after tomorrow nights Beatdown. I hope you can represent 11aaa with one win before your season is over. I dont think you will but you never know.

One more item we are definitely y not the same team without siske and I expect us to struggle in the region. But tomorrow night get Ready!!

REBELS RULE

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what........I'd rather win tonight and face Hunters Lane than lose tonight and face Antioch!!! I think the main thing is that this district has to make some noise in region play and sub-state play in order to be considered one of the top districts in the state. In a way, it makes Franklin's streak of 38 wins in district NOTHING considering the competition in the district. Good Luck to both teams tonight.

QUOTE(AlonBabayan @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826380666[/snapback]I tell you what........I'd rather win tonight and face Hunters Lane than lose tonight and face Antioch!!! I think the main thing is that this district has to make some noise in region play and sub-state play in order to be considered one of the top districts in the state. In a way, it makes Franklin's streak of 38 wins in district NOTHING considering the competition in the district. Good Luck to both teams tonight.

Franklin would never have that streak in 12-aaa.

12-aaa will sweep 3 of the first games in the region. Franklin will be one and done.

Franklin's team last year was waaaaay better than this yr's team.

QUOTE(NashvilleHSfan @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826377182[/snapback]As a fan of basketball in the Middle TN area, I agree with a comment made by Coach Harrick. I was told that Franklin has now won 37 straight district games over the last two seasons. The lack of recognition cited by Coach Harrick seems to be an accurate assessment. 37 straight district wins.......pretty ridiculous number!......and yet the area seems to be fairly ho-hum regarding this streak. I would be surprised if we ever see a streak like this again in local AAA basketball.

Will Centennial stop the STREAK? Or will the local media and fans just yawn again at 38 straight? Congrats to Franklin Coach Jay Johnson........WOW.

I think the reason the streak has not gotten much recognition is the fact that Franklin has fallen early in the region tourney the last two years. It makes it look like the district is weak when the top seed cannot beat #4 from the other side and in all honesty the top three teams in 12AAA are better this year as well. The 3rd and 4th place teams in 11 AAA are WEAK. Brentwood 14-18 and Overton 12-18. Yes Independence had a good record, but that means nothing at tournament time. You have to get it done and they didn't against a really below average Overton team. No knock on Jay or the Rebels. I think he has done a fantastic job there. The loss to Mount Juliet did surprise me. They are fighting for 3rd in a very weak district 9AAA. A good showing in the region would go a long way in bringing recognition to the Franklin program. I am sure Jay is telling the guys the same thing. He played for a team that got no pub all year long until they won the state. And even then it was more about Whites Creek losing than Franklin winning. Time to step up and git er done.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 20 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826380716[/snapback]Franklin would never have that streak in 12-aaa.

12-aaa will sweep 3 of the first games in the region. Franklin will be one and done.

Remember Centennial beat Antioch bad last year, without Harris, Kelly was a freshman, and their guards weren't good at all. Centennial matches up this year with the 12AAA better than ever. In fact, CHS is 4-0 vs antioch and has a winning record against 12 AAA for the schools history. some you old guys think about it. There have been a few beat downs, but for the most part, CHS can and has won against 12AAA.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 20 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826380716[/snapback]Franklin would never have that streak in 12-aaa.

I don't know about a sweep, I guess the word "sweep" in my mind seems as though there was total domination. i think that 12-aaa will 2 out of the 4 region games on opening night but after that I think that it will be either McHS and WCHS coming out of the region. I agree that last yr's franklin team was 10 times better than what they had on the court this season. FHS matched up perfectly with the 12-aaa teams last year but the "ole ball coach" choked....let me change the wording on that......"the ole ball coach" didn't put together a good game plan and didn't the manage the game in a way to help franklin win last year. If FHS does something this year, my hat goes off to the coach. CHS has to play perfect basketball, starting tonight, to make a serious run in the region, but that may seem a bit much considering the guard play for them this season has been suspect. It will be very interesting!!!!

i'm tired of centennial gettin all this crap

so whats gonna be the excuse from everyone if we win tonite???

and byrd can get on

look at the first indy centennial game when he had like 4 3-pointers in a row

prediction time

cetennial by 7

kelly and harris will be too much for batt and centennial's d will step up and challenge the perimeter shooting of franklin

and about the whole attitude thing that franklin has a more win or die attitude than franklin: you should talk to some of the players for the cougars today and they have that same attitude and probablly more

they want their revenge and tonite is their night