District 9 Championship

ThePenguin

AND WHAT stinks IS THAT BOTH TEAMS ARE GONNA MEET IN REGION.....CPA IS GONNA WIN because Gerald cant have the same night he did the other night(which was amazing...he played lights out) and then MLK is gonna get taken to the shed by Liberty!!!! so quit your whining about flops and tricks cause a little over a week from now were all gonna be saying what happend to MLK?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually drawing a charge (or "flopping" as you call it) is a very rare skill that takes researching your opponent, perfect timing, and most of all bravery---because you're definitely gonna take a hit or get a blocking foul called if you're not perfectly set. It's a huge gamble but can help win games. (like the CPA-Lipscomb game) I can count on one hand the people that I've seen do it as well as David Anderson at any level. The reason you "hate" it is because you don't understand how hard it is to do.

Everyone knows that CPA will have to step up-big time to continue on in the region tourney. Everyone will have to have an "A" game which may have not been entirely the case in the district final with MLK. One thing is for sure.....the CPA guys can play and want to win. I'm going to bet that they haven't peaked yet. Like it or not, if you think they're tough this year.....wait till next!

Gimme.....I think you missed the point. I don't think that you will ever see anyone complain about someone taking a charge. You are right when you say that it is rare to find someone with the skill to properly take a hit.....A flop is when you fake the charge......when the player "flops" onto the floor when there has been no contact. Nobody likes to see that and if the refs catch it, it is supposed to be a Technical Foul.

QUOTE(tigerhoops @ Feb 21 2007 - 04:22 PM) 826383219[/snapback]I guess Gerald taking a cheap shot at the Anderson kid and knocking him to the floor when the refs were not looking and then later a cheap shot to the crotch on Anderson is great basketball from Mr. Everything Robinson. And I would also have to give Mr. Robinson the Tourament MVP for whining. He may be a great basketball player but he is about as classless as they come.

Classless. Do you know him? He is anything but classless. Stop hating!!! He gets the job done. If MLK or anything other school gets a call or two, then so what. If you had been in Pulaski last year in the tournaments and seen had the offciating went, you would never open your mouth again. The opposing team had a player on John's (former MLK player) back and the ref still did not blow the whistle. John had to flip him over before they would.

I say all this to mean, once again, calls go both ways, it just depends on what team you are cheering for. Gerald is "Mr. Everything" but check this out, it was not given to him, he earned it. You have seen him play so handle. Get on his level then say something. Gerald also has a good supporting cast who can defend and score.

QUOTE(Crushedredpepper @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:00 PM) 826384529[/snapback]Gimme.....I think you missed the point. I don't think that you will ever see anyone complain about someone taking a charge. You are right when you say that it is rare to find someone with the skill to properly take a hit.....A flop is when you fake the charge......when the player "flops" onto the floor when there has been no contact. Nobody likes to see that and if the refs catch it, it is supposed to be a Technical Foul.

I can appreciate what you are saying....but a little acting is part of the game. You see it at every level. I would agree and conceed that the "acting" can go to far but I don't think that David is the kind of player to overdo it any more than what would be normal. Truth is, it's amazing to watch him get in position, get set and draw these fouls. He's got it figured out and it really affects his opponents. You can't just put your head down and drive on David.

QUOTE(ebbybm @ Feb 22 2007 - 02:01 PM) 826384530[/snapback]Classless. Do you know him? He is anything but classless. Stop hating!!! He gets the job done. If MLK or anything other school gets a call or two, then so what. If you had been in Pulaski last year in the tournaments and seen had the offciating went, you would never open your mouth again. The opposing team had a player on John's (former MLK player) back and the ref still did not blow the whistle. John had to flip him over before they would.

I say all this to mean, once again, calls go both ways, it just depends on what team you are cheering for. Gerald is "Mr. Everything" but check this out, it was not given to him, he earned it. You have seen him play so handle. Get on his level then say something. Gerald also has a good supporting cast who can defend and score.

I really don't get your point of poor officiating having anything to do with someone taking cheap shots. I have watched him play several times this season and I stand by comments. I only know him by the way I see him on the court. He may be the greatest person in the world off the court but on the court he has done some pretty classless things. You tell me, for someone that does not know GR the person, and came to see him play and see some of the things he does on the court, what conclusion would you come to as to what kind of person he is? Again great basketball player but no class. What I don't understand is why a person with his talent needs to resort to some of his tactics.

QUOTE(tigerhoops @ Feb 22 2007 - 02:30 PM) 826384705[/snapback]I really don't get your point of poor officiating having anything to do with someone taking cheap shots. I have watched him play several times this season and I stand by comments. I only know him by the way I see him on the court. He may be the greatest person in the world off the court but on the court he has done some pretty classless things. You tell me, for someone that does not know GR the person, and came to see him play and see some of the things he does on the court, what conclusion would you come to as to what kind of person he is? Again great basketball player but no class. What I don't understand is why a person with his talent needs to resort to some of his tactics.

I guarantee if Gerald took a cheap shot one was given to him first. Many players have been frustrated because they could not guard him and many have taken cheaps shots. So if you are going to list Gerald, list them all.

QUOTE(ebbybm @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:03 PM) 826384791[/snapback]I guarantee if Gerald took a cheap shot one was given to him first. Many players have been frustrated because they could not guard him and many have taken cheaps shots. So if you are going to list Gerald, list them all.

We can agree to disagree because the first of his cheap shots were less than 2 minutes into the CPA game and was completely unprovoked.

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826383960[/snapback]AND WHAT stinks IS THAT BOTH TEAMS ARE GONNA MEET IN REGION.....CPA IS GONNA WIN because Gerald cant have the same night he did the other night(which was amazing...he played lights out) and then MLK is gonna get taken to the shed by Liberty!!!! so quit your whining about flops and tricks cause a little over a week from now were all gonna be saying what happend to MLK?

hahaha are u serious? someone hasnt been paying attention this season. GR avgs almost 30 pts a game. he played an average game for him on tuesday. he plays what you call "lights out" almost every game. and recently he has actually gotten a little support from his teammates. GR is probably one of the top 10 players in MLKs history (which is only like 20 years but still solid)

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Feb 22 2007 - 05:31 PM) 826384876[/snapback]hahaha are u serious? someone hasnt been paying attention this season. GR avgs almost 30 pts a game. he played an average game for him on tuesday. he plays what you call "lights out" almost every game. and recently he has actually gotten a little support from his teammates. GR is probably one of the top 10 players in MLKs history (which is only like 20 years but still solid)

hahahah are you serious...have you watched any of there games vs. CPA!! The last two times before district they played he was held to 24 and 13!!!!!!! so i would say that he did have a GREAT game in the championship!! If these two teams get another chance to play....mark my words it will be a different game! Gerald got hot quick hitting his first 3 three's! so not to take away from his ability because he does usually play lights out....but CPA and Anderson guarding him has worked 2 out of the last 3 games so watch out MLK!

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:57 PM) 826385064[/snapback]hahahah are you serious...have you watched any of there games vs. CPA!! The last two times before district they played he was held to 24 and 13!!!!!!! so i would say that he did have a GREAT game in the championship!! If these two teams get another chance to play....mark my words it will be a different game! Gerald got hot quick hitting his first 3 three's! so not to take away from his ability because he does usually play lights out....but CPA and Anderson guarding him has worked 2 out of the last 3 games so watch out MLK!

If CPA wants to advance, they might wanna throw it in to Z a little bit.

QUOTE(UGArocks @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826383742[/snapback]Wow I didnt know that flopping would give someone the reason to hate. The definition Hate is an intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury. David Anderson is one of the best defenders in the district. He does what is asked of him and never retaliates to his opponents cheap shots toward him. You might want to choose your words a little more wisely before posting. Oh and the next time you see Anderson take a charge, you can lose it like the loser you are. Also one question for you, Dont you have anything else better to do than bash other players on coacht? What is your problem?!!?!

I understand that it's part of his game, but you have to admit, he does flop an awful lot. I have reason to dislike CPA, believe me - they're my rival school. Anderson is a good player, I just wish he didn't resort to some of his gimmicks. He has good D and a pretty good offensive game. Another thing: I respect people who take legit charges, but some of the stuff Anderson falls at is ridiculous, regardless if you admit it or not. Maybe "hate" was the wrong word, but would you logically assume someone is that angry and hostile to someone he barely knows? I also appreciate your addressing me as a "loser." Way to practice what you preach.